ADVERTISEMENT

How often

Just one pass? Those are very steep odds. How many times do you think he will pass?
They are not steep when you consider that many are saying that he’ll never see the field.
Based on that position, the odds should be 1000 to 1 at a minimum

I don’t know how many times he’ll pass, but if his first pass is successful, I suspect you’ll see him pass again

They are not steep when you consider that many are saying that he’ll never see the field.
Based on that position, the odds should be 1000 to 1 at a minimum

I don’t know how many times he’ll pass, but if his first pass is successful, I suspect you’ll see him pass again
You also think it’s a lock he’s got a role … you haven’t counter offered anything other than 1000-1 for all season including post season… shows how confident you are

You also think it’s a lock he’s got a role … you haven’t counter offered anything other than 1000-1 for all season including post season… shows how confident you are
Would you cite where I said it was a lock !

Evidently, you’re lacking when it comes to reading comprehension skills

I’ll be surprised if we don’t see Buchner used (rarely) as a runner from the receiver position in motion; and if successful early on, I would fully expect him to try a few passes from this scheme later in the season.
Perhaps, but I'd sure like to see them use Gilbert or Williams in those reps (not reverses) with an eye toward the future. Buchner seems like a nice kid but he looks like a fumble waiting to happen on the football field. Up 49-7 against N. Illinois and try it, I suppose. I think the most likely time this would happen is last home game of senior year, of course it would be dang obvious at that point.

No one referenced “meaningful snaps” except you !

“Meaningful snaps” wasn’t the topic of this thread !

So while everyone’s alert for a trick play ND will run a bread and butter play.
So ND is going to run trick plays during garbage time or other "non meaningful snaps" ?

He’s an asset because he’s a running back with by far the best arm of any running back,
kinda like Paul Hornung was for the Packers, he adds a dimensional threat not possessed by other running backs.

I thought you claimed that you were an expert on football ?
If we have to resort to back up non-scholarship running backs, throwing footballs to win the game. We’re in a whole hell of a lot of trouble.

He’s an asset because he’s a running back with by far the best arm of any running back,
kinda like Paul Hornung was for the Packers, he adds a dimensional threat not possessed by other running backs.

I thought you claimed that you were an expert on football ?
So you comparing a back up running back to the great Paul Horning. The same Paul Horning, who won a Heisman Trophy at Notre Dame. That’s quite the stretch even for you.

So you comparing a back up running back to the great Paul Horning. The same Paul Horning, who won a Heisman Trophy at Notre Dame. That’s quite the stretch even for you.
I don’t think we’ve had a player as athletic and multiple talented as Horning … run, pass, kick, block and receive. Guy could do it all, and do it at an elite level. But I think Patirish was talking about the added dimension, not comparing skills.

Not in Pat's playbook.
Nope. In his playbook #26 walk-on lacrosse player is an incredible asset that must be used and it would be coaching malfeasance to not use this player’s talent.

Remember, he was ranked highly playing weak competition in high school and his on field D1 performance should be ignored lol

• Haha
Reactions: Irishjohn68
Who stated that ND was going to run trick plays ?

It certainly wasn’t me
Do you even know what is considered a trick play? Everyone on TV and radio, coaches, players and fans all call a WR reverse with the option to pass the ball a trick play. Come on man, no one can be this dumb.

I don’t think we’ve had a player as athletic and multiple talented as Horning … run, pass, kick, block and receive. Guy could do it all, and do it at an elite level. But I think Patirish was talking about the added dimension, not comparing skills.
You maybe right but IMHO he sure as hell was comparing him to the great Paul Hornug which is crazy talk.

You maybe right but IMHO he sure as hell was comparing him to the great Paul Hornug which is crazy talk.
Y
You are beyond stupid, In fact, it’s almost hard to believe that someone could be that stupid, but you never fail to disappoint

I wasn’t comparing the individual players, I was comparing their “USE” as a passer while running the ball for their respective teams, Hornung was a half back, who threw the ball on sweeps. Hornung was a former college quarterback, like Buchner, hence he was a better passer than 90% or more of the running backs in the NFL.

Buchner, also a former quarterback has to be a better passer than 90% or more of the other wide receivers in college football.

Ergo, if you have an asset, why not use it ?

But it really is hard to believe that you could be so stupid to think that I was comparing The talent and performance of Hornung to Buchner

You should really hire someone to proof read your posts before you hit. Send.

TelX1, you have to remember that IrishJohn isn’t very bright and that he needs a lot of help when it comes to reading comprehension

You’d have to be a total moron to think that I was comparing Buchner to Hornung as players

Thanks for trying to clarify the issue for him

Nope. In his playbook #26 walk-on lacrosse player is an incredible asset that must be used and it would be coaching malfeasance to not use this player’s talent.

Remember, he was ranked highly playing weak competition in high school and his on field D1 performance should be ignored lol
CJ Carr played against below averagel and unathletic competition in HS.

Who you play against does not matter.

Y

You are beyond stupid, In fact, it’s almost hard to believe that someone could be that stupid, but you never fail to disappoint

I wasn’t comparing the individual players, I was comparing their “USE” as a passer while running the ball for their respective teams, Hornung was a half back, who threw the ball on sweeps. Hornung was a former college quarterback, like Buchner, hence he was a better passer than 90% or more of the running backs in the NFL.

Buchner, also a former quarterback has to be a better passer than 90% or more of the other wide receivers in college football.

Ergo, if you have an asset, why not use it ?

But it really is hard to believe that you could be so stupid to think that I was comparing The talent and performance of Hornung to Buchner

You should really hire someone to proof read your posts before you hit. Send.
You are the dumbest person I have ever encountered. Nobody likes you and nobody respects you and that’s sad for you. Just shut up and go away.

Reactions: NDblitz
You are the dumbest person I have ever encountered. Nobody likes you and nobody respects you and that’s sad for you. Just shut up and go away.
John, I’m exponentially smarter than you, almost immeasurably so
I’m not on here to win popularity contests and I can assure you that my opinions are respected far more than yours

The really sad thing about you is that there’s no known cure for stupid

John, I’m exponentially smarter than you, almost immeasurably so
I’m not on here to win popularity contests and I can assure you that my opinions are respected far more than yours

The really sad thing about you is that there’s no known cure for stupid
You have to realize posters are not laughing with, they are laughing at you. Big difference.

Anyone who feels the need to “clam” they are the smartest person in the room (which you do daily) just goes to show how insecure you are. You see I don’t need to run around here telling others I’m smarter than others. No one cares other than you because a false sense of security makes you feel better. So keep it up you silly old man. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

As per Hornung . . . played safety and returned kickoffs as well.

You have to realize posters are not laughing with, they are laughing at you. Big difference.

Anyone who feels the need to “clam” they are the smartest person in the room (which you do daily) just goes to show how insecure you are. You see I don’t need to run around here telling others I’m smarter than others. No one cares other than you because a false sense of security makes you feel better. So keep it up you silly old man. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
You really are stupid
My claim, that I am exponentially smarter than you was made in defense of your attack on my intelligence, you’re just too stupid to understand that

There’s a reason that you don’t run around telling others that you’re smarter than others …and that reason is because you’re not smarter than others, that’s obvious to everyone who reads your posts.

I don’t have a false sense of security, I have a genuine sense of security and I’m very much at peace with myself.

Well, it’s true that I’m old.
Despite waking up and feeling like the 15-year-old juvenile delinquent that I used to be, when I go into the bathroom in the morning, the mirror lies and tells me there’s an old guy trying to shave !
As to being silly, I was voted class wit.
I’ve been blessed with a wonderful life and I intend to keep on living and enjoying it, starting on Saturday when I play 9 rounds of golf on some fabulous golf courses in 6 days.
And, on September 4th ……… more golf with someone really special who’s coming to visit me for four days, so I’m really hoping that I can keep it up ! 👍 😜

Reactions: NDinNJ
YOU referenced him as a RUNNING BACK did you not ? I'm not weaseling out of anything. You're 100% wrong about the position group of the player in question. You know, like you are about anything football related. Are you bound and determined to make this into another " pylon placement " thread ? That went well for you ....
So do you think he might throw a pass from the receiver position but not as a running back?

You really are stupid
My claim, that I am exponentially smarter than you was made in defense of your attack on my intelligence, you’re just too stupid to understand that

There’s a reason that you don’t run around telling others that you’re smarter than others …and that reason is because you’re not smarter than others, that’s obvious to everyone who reads your posts.

I don’t have a false sense of security, I have a genuine sense of security and I’m very much at peace with myself.

Well, it’s true that I’m old.
Despite waking up and feeling like the 15-year-old juvenile delinquent that I used to be, when I go into the bathroom in the morning, the mirror lies and tells me there’s an old guy trying to shave !
As to being silly, I was voted class wit.
I’ve been blessed with a wonderful life and I intend to keep on living and enjoying it, starting on Saturday when I play 9 rounds of golf on some fabulous golf courses in 6 days.
And, on September 4th ……… more golf with someone really special who’s coming to visit me for four days, so I’m really hoping that I can keep it up ! 👍 😜
Another one of your many examples of how insecure you are in life. Whether you are telling the truth or not (my money would be on not) why you feel to need to brag or boast about your life is very very sad.

Why don’t you try and figure out why you are wrong about the end zone pylons before posting again.

Once again you have been humiliated by me. LOL!

“You’re money”

What a joke !

We went down that road before and you reneged when you lost the bet

I didn’t brag about my life. You were the one who made the negative comments about my life, and I just offered a reasonable defense regarding the life that I live

As to the pylon, is the area that the pylon sits on out of bounds
If the pylon wasn’t there, would the area where the base of the pylon sits be out of bounds

Yes or no ?

Last edited:
I believe he was also a linebacker on defense.

“You’re money”

What a joke !

We went down that road before and you reneged when you lost the bet

I didn’t brag about my life. You were the one who made the negative comments about my life, and I just offered a reasonable defense regarding the life that I live

As to the pylon, is the area that the pylon sits on out of bounds
If the pylon wasn’t there, would the area where the base of the pylon sits be out of bounds

Yes or no ?
I’m tired of tryin to explain something so simple to a stupid person. Why is it everyone else understand it yet you don’t? You clam to be the smartest poster here, why don’t you just figure it out?!?!

You are right about one thing, if you can’t backup your clams it ain’t bragging. Its called lying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT