ADVERTISEMENT

What is Landow's body count now?

Stating that injuries aren’t related to poor strength and conditioning is foolish at best, bordering on ignorance.

6 season ending injuries prior to the start of a season is excessive by any metric.

The question is, is this an anomaly or a pattern?
Turd alert...

You’re just too stupid to understand the concept of relativity

And your vanity and your ego just won’t let you admit that your feeble attempt to counter my point ended with you having egg on your face

Better luck next time

Ouch !
Name calling, the weapon of choice of the uninformed and uneducated.

Any of you morons notice how well conditioned the ND team was in Q4? How they wore TAM down in that heat and won the game? How the TAM players were the ones cramping? Crickets on Landow now
Excellent points. I didn't see a single ND player go down with cramps, but saw at least 4 or 5 TAMU players cramp up. The O and D lines looked relatively fresh even at the end of the game. Our only injury that I recall was Faison going down with what appeared to be a tweaked ankle after he caught a pass and the defender went down on Jordan's ankle as he made the tackle. For all the pre-game hand wringing here about how the weather would adversely impact ND, the staff obviously had the team well prepared for the heat and humidity. Nice job.

6 season ending injuries roughly? How does this compare to past years? How does this compare to other programs? Depth is important in today's college football. Losing 6 guys seems like a big chunk, especially when half of them are DB's and the other half O-line.
You and Pat Irish just need to stop. Exchange your personal info and complain to each other with your stupid, ignorant comments.

Excellent points. I didn't see a single ND player go down with cramps, but saw at least 4 or 5 TAMU players cramp up. The O and D lines looked relatively fresh even at the end of the game. Our only injury that I recall was Faison going down with what appeared to be a tweaked ankle after he caught a pass and the defender went down on Jordan's ankle as he made the tackle. For all the pre-game hand wringing here about how the weather would adversely impact ND, the staff obviously had the team well prepared for the heat and humidity. Nice job.
well said.
Faison ankle was just a freak injury.
The team looked well conditioned,strong and fast. Big time credit to Landow and staff. All those guys on the Texas A and M o line were 330 lbs plus and we didn’t get whooped at all !

As far as the “morons” who were critical of Landows track record with acl injuries pay there 10$ a month to have an opinion on an anonymous message board to discuss Notre dame football topics. They are entitled to their opinions. Everyone here at one point or another have been critical of new hires on the staff including myself . The fact that the broncos let him go because of an unusual amount of injuries especially acl injuries raises a red flag for the fan base.

I’m hoping they’re wrong and that landow is a home run hire and it all becomes hindsight. Again Jmo. Enjoy the win and Go Irish. !!!

ND was extremely healthy AFTER this game -- with the exception of Faison.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Any of you morons notice how well conditioned the ND team was in Q4? How they wore TAM down in that heat and won the game? How the TAM players were the ones cramping? Crickets on Landow now
Which TAM players went down with cramps versus injuries ?

So according to you, if one team out scores another team in the fourth quarter, It is solely attributable to and means that they were in better condition than their opponent ?

I watched the game but I didn’t see a lot of cameras showing the sidelines of both teams. To deny that six season ending preseason injuries aren’t cause for concern when other teams are averaging two or three injuries at the most, is to put your head in the sand. The question is, are those six injuries an anomaly or a pattern? And if it’s a pattern, that’s a serious concern.

You’re conflating two separate issues,

Preseason injuries and the Texas A&M game
Even the announcers said that they were substituting to avoid fatigue in the heat
If you want, I’ll replay the game and cite the quarter and the clock for you.

Which TAM players went down with cramps versus injuries.

So it’s your opinion that whenever a team out scores another team in the fourth quarter it’s solely due to conditioning ? ? ?

The announcers stated that they were substituting to avoid being fatigued by the heat

You’re also conflating two separate issues
Preseason conditioning and the Texas A&M game and there is a huge distinction

Stating that injuries aren’t related to poor strength and conditioning is foolish at best, bordering on ignorance.

6 season ending injuries prior to the start of a season is excessive by any metric.

The question is, is this an anomaly or a pattern?
You are clueless as usual.

You are clueless as usual.
There really should be a minimum IQ test before posters like you are allowed to post.

Why don’t you read the post you commented on ……… again, but have somebody with you who can explain it to you because you don’t have any idea as to the substance of the post

Reactions: NDinNJ
There really should be a minimum IQ test before posters like you are allowed to post.

Why don’t you read the post you commented on ……… again, but have somebody with you who can explain it to you because you don’t have any idea as to the substance of the post
There should be.

You would never be able to post again

So it’s your opinion that whenever a team out scores another team in the fourth quarter it’s solely due to conditioning ? ? ?

The announcers stated that they were substituting to avoid being fatigued by the heat

I’ll back you up here. I saw no TAM players being carted off or the game being stopped due to TAM conditioning issues. Injury problems for TAM? Yes.

Notre Dame won because they were simply the better team.

Period.

I’ll back you up here. I saw no TAM players being carted off or the game being stopped due to TAM conditioning issues. Injury problems for TAM? Yes.

Period.

You must not have watched. There were quite a few A&M guys being attended to throughout the game.
Not to mention their QB throwing up on the sidelines.

You’re conflating two separate issues,

Preseason injuries and the Texas A&M game
Even the announcers said that they were substituting to avoid fatigue in the heat
If you want, I’ll replay the game and cite the quarter and the clock for you.
Turd alert...

Turd alert...

Turd alert...

Turd alert...

Period.
And the more fit team

Reactions: Pennick4
That's a silly conclusion. Every year, Navy is the most fit team we play. They just aren't as good as we are.
We agree, truth be told.

I do not buy into any fitness narrative why Notre Dame won last night.

That's a silly conclusion. Every year, Navy is the most fit team we play. They just aren't as good as we are.
How did you determined that Navy was the most fit team that we play?

Reactions: NDinNJ
For injuries, not cramps
Sorry, but you are wrong on this. You are correct that several TAMU players suffered injuries, but several cramped up in the 4th quarter as well. Go watch the game again. I cannot give you names and numbers of all the players, but one I distinctly remember was the safety who came in to play for Dalton Brooks (the safety who was ejected early in the game for the targeting hit on Riley Leonard). I think his replacement wore #3. He clearly went down with a cramp in his hamstring sometime during the fourth quarter. He sat down on the grass and grabbed the back of his leg, and the trainers came out and helped him try to stretch it out. There were others.

Reactions: BGI User 756
You and Pat Irish just need to stop. Exchange your personal info and complain to each other with your stupid, ignorant comments.
Since when is being concerned about an excessive number of preseason, season ending injuries, not grounds for discussion ?

well said.
Faison ankle was just a freak injury.
The team looked well conditioned,strong and fast. Big time credit to Landow and staff. All those guys on the Texas A and M o line were 330 lbs plus and we didn’t get whooped at all !

As far as the “morons” who were critical of Landows track record with acl injuries pay there 10$ a month to have an opinion on an anonymous message board to discuss Notre dame football topics. They are entitled to their opinions. Everyone here at one point or another have been critical of new hires on the staff including myself . The fact that the broncos let him go because of an unusual amount of injuries especially acl injuries raises a red flag for the fan base.

I’m hoping they’re wrong and that landow is a home run hire and it all becomes hindsight. Again Jmo. Enjoy the win and Go Irish. !!!
It seems that you and others have a difficult time understanding the difference between preseason conditioning that caused six season ending injuries and the play of a single game.

Those are two distinctly separate issues

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT