ADVERTISEMENT

High profile openings

Isn't that just speculation about Texas and Oregon, or do you have some inside scoop?

Currently, LSU is the only opening. The others are just message board speculation at this point. Some had Helton written off early on and he seems to be doing pretty good, especially since he changed QBs. It's not like quality successful HCs grow on trees. The few good ones are locked in long term with huge buy outs so firing a HC just for the sake of firing is not always a plum idea.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Oregon will have an opening soon. It's a guarantee. Knowledge is power.
No, guessing is not knowledge and it's not a guarantee. Knowledge comes from facts.

Unless you personally know the Oregon AD and his plans, you're speculating. You may be proven correct in the long run, but you don't know that for sure at this point so it's not knowledge it's your gut feeling.

Reactions: Classic Irish
I'd love to see the media reaction if Texas does fire Strong after this season. That's only three years he would've gotten there...................

In Texas the media reaction will be that firing Strong was necessary. Sumlin may be gone to with the way the wheels have come off yet again in College Station.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Oregon gets Chip Kelly back(Niners organization is a mess), Texas gets Herman, LSU retains Orgeron, if he wins the next 3 games, which will be no small task.
didn't Chip Kelly leave under a shady cloud...and won't that same cloud be waiting for him if he returns?

In Texas the media reaction will be that firing Strong was necessary. Sumlin may be gone to with the way the wheels have come off yet again in College Station.
My point is the national media skewered ND in 2004 for firing Willingham after three seasons. They were labeled racist for doing so as well. I'm sure the Texas people know all too well the politics of all of this.

My point is the national media skewered ND in 2004 for firing Willingham after three seasons. They were labeled racist for doing so as well. I'm sure the Texas people know all too well the politics of all of this.
Texas people could care less about the politics, their biggest living donor at the time said he thought a boy like Strong may be a good position coach but had no business being a HC.

Charlie Strong will be unemployed for all of one day if that's what he chooses. He will be a HC somewhere if Texas doesn't want him anymore. Maybe not in 2017 or 2018, but he will rise from the Texas ashes. He seems to be a good man.

- Orgeron making a good case for LSU to keep him.
- Strong will probably get one more year if Texas wins out.
- Oregon's President (Phil Knight) doesn't like losing. Helfrich's days are numbered.
- Houston will be looking for a coach as Herman will move on to greener pastures.
Big 12 shunning the Cougars all but guaranteed that.
- W. Michigan will be looking for a coach as Fleck will also move on.
- Look for Les Miles to get a job somewhere (Baylor??)

That doesn't make it okay. Some schools will do anything to win now and worry about the consequences later. Throw all caution to the wind.

Is that what you'd want?
I don't care who Louisville hires..The issue was....is a school willing to bring back a coach who left under a cloud? And the answer is yes, at least in Louisville's case.

I don't care who Louisville hires..The issue was....is a school willing to bring back a coach who left under a cloud? And the answer is yes, at least in Louisville's case.

Hopefully, ND is more concerned with ethics than Louisville is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT