ADVERTISEMENT

Purple face returns. So predictable

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
I said this earlier -“I expect him to implode. He is surrounded by players who are not high football IQ meaning not disciplined. I’ve seen lsu play and this is a common characteristic. So I expect many mental errors in the FSU game and I expect a seething monster that could become purple with each error “

and that is exactly what happened. 2 bad teams. Compared to ND n OSU these teams suck. Except FSU was also guilty of stupid errors

Well. In 2021 ND beat FSU with Kelly
In 2022 FSU beat LSU and Kelly.
But Kelly has all those Louisiana recruits and that huge budget from his AD and better facilities

these 2 teams are the epitome of stupid with no football IQ

So BK loses by 1 point with a 2 deep full of transfers and less than a year into the job and now he can't coach talent in the south? rofl.
Check back this time in 2024

So BK loses by 1 point with a 2 deep full of transfers and less than a year into the job and now he can't coach talent in the south? rofl.
U miss the point. His players are undisciplined and make errors n penalties. That never happened at ND to the degree u saw tonight

he left ND for better chance to win. For better players n recruits. Better facilities.

freeman is recruiting at high level. Freeman’s team played the number 2 team even until half Thru qtr 4. There’s work to be done but no bonehead mistakes

imo Kelly was just ready for a change. He made up all the bs excuses for taking the job over staying at nd. Everyone here is happy. And I get to act like a child and gloat. And that’s ok

Everyone here is happy. And I get to act like a child and gloat. And that’s ok
I don't use the boards for this reason -- i use them to get insight from the bevy of really smart posters here and to get accurate information and news regarding the program.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that people use message boards for other reasons (like venting/gloating/being an obnoxious fan, etc.) and you are right, that is ok

U miss the point. His players are undisciplined and make errors n penalties. That never happened at ND to the degree u saw tonight

he left ND for better chance to win. For better players n recruits. Better facilities.

freeman is recruiting at high level. Freeman’s team played the number 2 team even until half Thru qtr 4. There’s work to be done but no bonehead mistakes

imo Kelly was just ready for a change. He made up all the bs excuses for taking the job over staying at nd. Everyone here is happy. And I get to act like a child and gloat. And that’s ok
You’re going to upset the Kelly sock puppeteer club!

I can't believe FSU pitched the ball down near the goal line. Brutal play calling.
My exact sentiments. That’s a call for a goal line situation where you’re not worried about giving the ball back.

😂 He'll be on the hot seat by 2024 and gone no later than 2026. He can't win big games. He'll never beat Saban. He's a lazy recruiter and the Louisiana elite athletes will end up at schools that take recruiting seriously, aka Alabama, TA&M, Florida, Georgia, etc. He'll win 8-10 games/year, but LSU won't give him 12 years to get a championship. He's got 5 max.

I don't use the boards for this reason -- i use them to get insight from the bevy of really smart posters here and to get accurate information and news regarding the program.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that people use message boards for other reasons (like venting/gloating/being an obnoxious fan, etc.) and you are right, that is ok
Our to push their own agendas...F+

In that situation, the correct thing for Norvell to do would be to take 3 knees and then kick a FG that puts you up 2 scores with only ~30 secs left.
They had 3 timeouts. They would have had much more time than that. But i get your point

😂 He'll be on the hot seat by 2024 and gone no later than 2026. He can't win big games. He'll never beat Saban. He's a lazy recruiter and the Louisiana elite athletes will end up at schools that take recruiting seriously, aka Alabama, TA&M, Florida, Georgia, etc. He'll win 8-10 games/year, but LSU won't give him 12 years to get a championship. He's got 5 max.
He won't get to 8 this year

Reactions: DublinND and NDinNJ
A few points I’d like to make trying to be completely objective.

LSU, as a previous commenter stated had something like 45 scholarship players on the roster when BK arrived. A number of their projected starters had never started a game for LSU. The majority of the guys they took in the transfer portal were guys from Louisiana that went elsewhere because LSU didn’t recruit them and wanted to “go home” (Louisiana).

The program (LSU) really was a mess when he arrived. Tonight they started poorly but came back against what appears to be an improved FSU team and fell just short.

LSU will probably win 6-8 games, but I really do think BK will make them a consistent winner in Baton Rouge. They’ll likely continue to be second fiddle to Bama but they can win 9-10 games a year every year with the talent the state has, and I expect him to recruit Texas solidly as well, as they have for 15-20 years now.

I don’t know why so much energy is put into “hating” BK. The ND program was a dumpster fire when he arrived. ND made a title appearance, and two playoffs under his leadership and had 5 seasons in a row with 10 or more wins. You can’t be a horrible coach and do that. Did he win the big one? Maybe not, but most of the losses were to teams I’d argue were superior to ND up and down their rosters. ND at the very least was winning virtually all the games they should and not losing to Navy, Syracuse, UConn, etc. any longer.

I never liked the way BK handled the QBs at ND, or his stupid philosophy of receiving the opening KO (moronic), or his penchant for playing “Tressel ball” in close games, etc.
That said, myself like many here became disillusioned with his inability to take the next step and win that meaningful game (BCS Bowl/Playoff) and got to a point where it seemed most were happy to mutually part ways.

It seems the manner in which he left is what poisoned most against him. I get it, he acted like a snake. Guy took a job while on a recruiting trip and ND assistants found out from recruits and social media (that’s f’d up).

Let’s be real here though, WE ALL knew BK was that type of guy. If you didn’t know he was a “me first” dude, you lived with your head in the sand.

Personally, I don’t give a shit what he does at LSU (don’t want them winning a title) but it has virtually no bearing on ND. I’m on to the next chapter of ND football, hoping a young inexperienced coach can take the reigns, and at minimum keep ND status quo but hoping he takes them to the elite echelon of CFB.

My advice, just let the shit go already.

I said this earlier -“I expect him to implode. He is surrounded by players who are not high football IQ meaning not disciplined. I’ve seen lsu play and this is a common characteristic. So I expect many mental errors in the FSU game and I expect a seething monster that could become purple with each error “

and that is exactly what happened. 2 bad teams. Compared to ND n OSU these teams suck. Except FSU was also guilty of stupid errors

But Kelly has all those Louisiana recruits and that huge budget from his AD and better facilities

You are so right skibro. Kelly had a meltdown and LSU hasn't even started their SEC schedule. Wait until Bama comes to town !! Alabama is going to crush him worse than he got crushed in 2012 !!

I think ‘purple face’ may be a thing of the past. Aging has slowed him and taken his fire. LSU is not going to know vintage pumpkin face. His new persona is ‘indifference and resigned’. LSU way over-paid for indifference and insincere

more ‘pink’ than purple! Pink is his best look now; not enough fire for the purple! Mr. insincere has morphed into Mr. Indifference.

A few points I’d like to make trying to be completely objective.

LSU, as a previous commenter stated had something like 45 scholarship players on the roster when BK arrived. A number of their projected starters had never started a game for LSU. The majority of the guys they took in the transfer portal were guys from Louisiana that went elsewhere because LSU didn’t recruit them and wanted to “go home” (Louisiana).

The program (LSU) really was a mess when he arrived. Tonight they started poorly but came back against what appears to be an improved FSU team and fell just short.

LSU will probably win 6-8 games, but I really do think BK will make them a consistent winner in Baton Rouge. They’ll likely continue to be second fiddle to Bama but they can win 9-10 games a year every year with the talent the state has, and I expect him to recruit Texas solidly as well, as they have for 15-20 years now.

I don’t know why so much energy is put into “hating” BK. The ND program was a dumpster fire when he arrived. ND made a title appearance, and two playoffs under his leadership and had 5 seasons in a row with 10 or more wins. You can’t be a horrible coach and do that. Did he win the big one? Maybe not, but most of the losses were to teams I’d argue were superior to ND up and down their rosters. ND at the very least was winning virtually all the games they should and not losing to Navy, Syracuse, UConn, etc. any longer.

I never liked the way BK handled the QBs at ND, or his stupid philosophy of receiving the opening KO (moronic), or his penchant for playing “Tressel ball” in close games, etc.
That said, myself like many here became disillusioned with his inability to take the next step and win that meaningful game (BCS Bowl/Playoff) and got to a point where it seemed most were happy to mutually part ways.

It seems the manner in which he left is what poisoned most against him. I get it, he acted like a snake. Guy took a job while on a recruiting trip and ND assistants found out from recruits and social media (that’s f’d up).

Let’s be real here though, WE ALL knew BK was that type of guy. If you didn’t know he was a “me first” dude, you lived with your head in the sand.

Personally, I don’t give a shit what he does at LSU (don’t want them winning a title) but it has virtually no bearing on ND. I’m on to the next chapter of ND football, hoping a young inexperienced coach can take the reigns, and at minimum keep ND status quo but hoping he takes them to the elite echelon of CFB.

My advice, just let the shit go already.
Excellent post. Captures my thoughts and feelings perfectly.

Does anyone get the “facilities” complaint?

I get the Chef, I guess but facilities? The gugg. In door practice stadium. Brand new football stadium. Biggest 4k in CFB. What was the facilities beef?

I think ‘purple face’ may be a thing of the past. Aging has slowed him and taken his fire. LSU is not going to know vintage pumpkin face. His new persona is ‘indifference and resigned’. LSU way over-paid for indifference and insincere

more ‘pink’ than purple! Pink is his best look now; not enough fire for the purple! Mr. insincere has morphed into Mr. Indifference.
Even I have to admit that was funny, Perse.

Reactions: theskibro
Here is a point over looked and a side story to the game (LSU); Boutte was very unhappy about his lack of involvement! Boutte is the ‘guy’ for LSU! or at least he was till BK arrived. Kelly has a history of not allowing any player to be bigger than he is! There is only 1 superstar on a BK coached team! BK and Boutte are now not ‘friends’.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT