ADVERTISEMENT

Guess we just fixed offense in time for defense to suck

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
if Book did not start, this might be a tough game. Let’s see how we stop WF option and how Wimbush does

One thing for certain, BW does not make the throws Book did. Not on planet earth

Huh ? The defense is outstanding sans a couple of bad penalties. Do you have the right channel on ?
echo: How much should we read into Ian's performance today in that WF has one of the worst passing defenses in the country? Is this false hope or something better beginning?

Reactions: hoopsstar12
Huh ? The defense is outstanding sans a couple of bad penalties. Do you have the right channel on ?
Defense has not been outstanding today. It WF could play red zone and/or had a kicker not leave 9 pats off the board this would be a different game. I agree that Book is the difference.

Defense has not been outstanding today. It WF could play red zone and/or had a kicker not leave 9 pats off the board this would be a different game. I agree that Book is the difference.
Yes. D playing better in second half but stuff like penalties n Crawford int in first half was bad

Wake Forest has a great offensive system and was a top 15 offensive team for most of last year and are prerty good this year. The defense in the second half has been great considering how many plays WF ran in the first half and how hot it is.

D looking bad. Never a complete game. Damn

Wake has a very good offense. Yes, it wasn’t a dominant defensive performance, but that also has to do with how fast the offense was playing. There was a lot of time for WF to run offesne and they did wind up running 90 plays. The defense in the third quarter was very, very good. WF had run 55+ plays in the hot sun and yet the ND defense came up with three stops to help put the gsme away.

Wake has a very good offense. Yes, it wasn’t a dominant defensive performance, but that also has to do with how fast the offense was playing. There was a lot of time for WF to run offesne and they did wind up running 90 plays. The defense in the third quarter was very, very good. WF had run 55+ plays in the hot sun and yet the ND defense came up with three stops to help put the gsme away.

reminded me a bit of Ball St. It doesn't help you to go fast if you can't throw straight or find your assignments at that speed.

Reactions: notredamerises23
ND had in 3rd string defense.

They had 7 Freshmen on the field.

You have zero clue what you speak about. Stop posting...forever.
Stop breathing.
Forever

How’s that? Not particularly nice. Your post to me was informative. You did not have to add the last line unless that makes you feel like a big dick

Last edited:
Except for the backups, the defense was very good today. That QB took a beating and wake made some very nice contested catches under pressure to keep a couple drives going. There were also some penalties as well. Book looked good. Solid game by the Irish!

Happy for the W! Defense will have to play better next week but Book looks to be the immediate future.

if Book did not start, this might be a tough game. Let’s see how we stop WF option and how Wimbush does

One thing for certain, BW does not make the throws Book did. Not on planet earth
Dumb, defense dominated, two awful penalties got wake 10 points .

Reactions: echowaker
Happy for the W! Defense will have to play better next week but Book looks to be the immediate future.
Can't wait for next week. I'll be shocked if the ND defense doesn't dominate the game. Perfect matchup for them.

I think the starting defense gave up 13 which is pretty good. Not disappointed there and I think book took what the defense gave him. The announcers kept saying that Wake played defense to limit the big plays over the top so Book attacked short and intermediate. I know their pass defense is awful but he seemed to make the right reads. It will be a much bigger challenge next week obviously.

Their QB sucks

Can't wait for next week. I'll be shocked if the ND defense doesn't dominate the game. Perfect matchup for them.
Stick to OL echoboy. You know nothing about defense. Neither D next week is going to dominate. It will be somewhere around 27-21 game.

They also made some circus catches w/ dbs draped all over them when Hartman barely got the ball off. The defense played pretty well considering the tempo, the heat and the plays that their wrs pulled out of their ass. We need to shore up the backside counter too in the run game. They had too much success w/ that play and w/ love’s breakaway speed, that will kill us if we don’t address it in film. All in all, a pretty good performance I thought.

What defense were you watching?

What defense were you watching?
The one that gave up like 27 points
The one that allowed several large ground gains and the one where Crawford interferes with an overthrown ball

There is room to improve and we did not play to our ability.

The one that gave up like 27 points
The one that allowed several large ground gains and the one where Crawford interferes with an overthrown ball

There is room to improve and we did not play to our ability.
Guess you were expecting perfection. There is an opponent you know playing just as hard.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT