ADVERTISEMENT

Gerad Parker

clover3ND

Shakes Down The Thunder
Aug 9, 2008
When everything is said and done, it looks like Parker may be the offensive coordinator at ND next year. Just my opinion (and I’ve been wrong many times before) but it seems like ND will switch to hiring someone internally after this fiasco. He has had experience as an OC before, but I was hoping for a grand slam hire (and who knows, he may be).

Reactions: Kelso86
Oh man.... if that's how it goes, then that sucks. MF, you get like a D- for that result. That guy was like a C- hire as a mere, lowly position coach. And then he's going to promoted to the top spot, when he has only minimal experience or reputation for excellence, and theoretically we could handpick anyone we want, anyone out in the great wide world, for ND football, the most prestigious and mystique-soaked brand in American sporting lore, and who's back in the spotlight, competing with the big boys again, and we're going to settle for this dude because we're so worthless we can't or won't get anyone better, because he's already sitting there on the couch, basically, and that's all were capable as a program of even putting together....

I would say that's an F. Just on the merits of such a hire, in and of itself, regardless of how it turns out. And it's basically dumb luck if he actually ended up okay. But hopefully it doesn't go that way....

If 2023 season isn’t awesome freeman needs to be gone with jack….hope they enjoyed the hockey game Friday night

• Haha
Reactions: Ndapolis1
No on GP, Ludwig staying doesn’t shock me. Guys take interviews to get leverage with their current job all the time.

I don’t know if Moorehead interviewed, but the interest may have gotten him an extension.

Sean Lewis will be another no, not sure why he would leave a job he just took. Especially since there seems to be intreague around CU.

I know the media makes a big deal every time someone declines Notre Dame. “Notre Dame was spurned!!!!!” but I’m actually confident on their ability to get a quality offensive coordinator. They did a great job in just about every other position. And let’s face it coach TR was a continuity holdover.

ND is done. The media has turned. This move has crushed everyone’s spirits even the most ardent homers have broken. The IB show last night was the most negative and angry I’ve ever seen Driskell.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Right. The best way to build a football program is to keep changing coaches every 2-3 years.
ND hasn't done that, but if you clearly have the wrong coach and AD then you need to. Again, you don't fire them right now but their career at ND should be all on the 23 season because it is set up to be very good. Only coaching and leadership can prevent a great year.

ND is done. The media has turned. This move has crushed everyone’s spirits even the most ardent homers have broken. The IB show last night was the most negative and angry I’ve ever seen Driskell.
They passed on an OC and possibly his O line coach because of money which ND should have lots of. The guy was ahead of ND in just about every offensive category. Swarbrick always wants to find the scraps so he doesn't have to pay for steak.I rarely get mad at his decisions but this one is inane.

They passed on an OC and possibly his O line coach because of money which ND should have lots of. The guy was ahead of ND in just about every offensive category. Swarbrick always wants to find the scraps so he doesn't have to pay for steak.I rarely get mad at his decisions but this one is inane.
Jack didn't even want to try and find an OC last year so he just gave a bunch of $$$ to rees and no buyout most likely.

ND hasn't done that, but if you clearly have the wrong coach and AD then you need to. Again, you don't fire them right now but their career at ND should be all on the 23 season because it is set up to be very good. Only coaching and leadership can prevent a great year.

Are you for real? You just said that "if the 2023 season isn't awesome, Freeman needs to be gone..." Now you are saying "you don't fire them right now."
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

"Swarbrick always wants to find the scraps so he doesn't have to pay for steak. I rarely get mad at his decisions but this one is inane"

it is ok to be ticked, but, make sure you know all the facts before passing judgement -- unfortunately, for all of us, we will never know all the facts involved.

You clearly have something against MF. Im starting to think the reason is the same as nd du lac. It's getting obvious now

Reactions: Ndapolis1
Well, the media at least, the local beat media are claiming it's down to money, essentially. Which would seemingly be true to form for ND, and in keeping with their reputation for parsimony. So it's not far fetched to believe.

We'll know it was the money if we do end up simply promoting Parker from within. Or at least that would make it seem even more compelling....

This board is really out of touch with the rest of the fan base and the media. People are very angry as they should be. I come here and the 4-6 old curmudgeons that think all is well are still at it. State of the program is excellent? Idiots.

"Swarbrick always wants to find the scraps so he doesn't have to pay for steak. I rarely get mad at his decisions but this one is inane"

it is ok to be ticked, but, make sure you know all the facts before passing judgement -- unfortunately, for all of us, we will never know all the facts involved.
The thing that bothers me,Kelso, is that I think Swarbrick and Jenkins have taken the lazy route. Nothing against Parker but if he is chosen then they not only have to find an o line coach but a te coach too. Unless they try to make Parker multi-task to save even more dollars in ND coffers. They had opportunity to bring in a amn that was a great fit and his o line coach too. But ND always makes it about the money. Like their checking account only has a couple dollars in it.lol Yet they want fans to fill the stadium and buy products while not really trying to give Freeman the chance to put a great staff together. This is cheating Freeman,staff,players and fans.The fumbled on the goal line on this and no matter how some want to back them, their screw up is ovious not only to media but other teams too. This will be used as negative recruiting tool against ND. You can count on that. One doesn't need a crystal ball to see that the AD and president messed this up. While it may have had to cost the some money, they would've had a great staff put together. Now, teams are snickering at ND and their awesome administration.Bama got Rees without a buyout most likely too or money would not have been such of an issue for Jenkins and Swarbrick. They want the perceived notion that they are putting out a playoff potential team when in truth they are tying Freeman's hands on this. I feel for him.

Parker, Chris Watt and a still inexperienced HC. Have to say, I wish those guys the best but man, what has happened to old notre dame? Coaches run to other programs and we aren't getting our first coaches for assistants any more.

Parker, Chris Watt and a still inexperienced HC. Have to say, I wish those guys the best but man, what has happened to old notre dame? Coaches run to other programs and we aren't getting our first coaches for assistants any more.
Many FCS or mid tier FBS schools have a more qualified coaching staff if that’s the outcome. Michigan and Ohio State make us look like middle schoolers of the Midwest.

This board is really out of touch with the rest of the fan base and the media. People are very angry as they should be. I come here and the 4-6 old curmudgeons that think all is well are still at it. State of the program is excellent? Idiots.
Because most of the media doesn't understand what happened or why. B

Is the knock on Gerald Parker the 0-6 head coaching record as interim HC coach at Purdue? If that was taken off his resume would people feel differently about him?

No, that is not the knock on Parker. But I didn't even know that, I just knew he was an undistinguished middling position coach, who had a personal relationship with MF. Which is fine for your TE coach but not your OC....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT