ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman has to go.

I’ve said from day one that I think Freeman is an awesome person but a coordinator and not a HC. I have been insulted for that a few times but this is further proof some of us were correct.

His decision to bring in LR and make him the starter is a self inflicted gun shot wound, just horrible.

I’ve said from day one that I think Freeman is an awesome person but a coordinator and not Bacawyaa HC. I have been insulted for that a few times but this is further proof some of us were correct.

His decision to bring in LR and make him the starter is a self inflicted gun shot wound, just horrible.
I am beside myself. This crap again?
If freeman does not replace Leonard next week, he should be fired
Come on Bavacqua, show your gonads

This is why we get the Nd is over rated crap

I get ND has a young offensive line, but they handled a much better and more talented D-Line last week. There's no excuse for losing this game. It's hard to give Freeman another pass on this.

Embarrassing Coaching Display. Unacceptable to lose to a team you out recruit at every single position.
Except perhaps the O line. Jason Garrett was saying their O line were all Wisconsin kids and those dairy farm boys take a backseat to no one.

So many are trying to pin this on the QB when the WHOLE team pretty much failed today.
Just replacing the QB is not enough. This HC simply is not up to it. When you lose to a team that has basically almost no starters that would start for you, you have to look at the HC for the main reason.

I’ve said from day one that I think Freeman is an awesome person but a coordinator and not a HC. I have been insulted for that a few times but this is further proof some of us were correct.

He wasn't qualified for the job in the first place, and I, too, opposed his hire. But then, except for these almost UNIMAGINABLE LAPSES, such as today's, he's managed pretty well.

But YEAR THREE is always the decider.

Terry Brennan with no previous college headcoaching experience was 17-3 his first two seasons. Charlie Weis, also a first-time college coach, was 19-6 his first two years. Brennan then went 2-8 in year three and Weis, 3-9.

Unless Freeman can get up off the canvas, this could be a LONG YEAR, starting next week at Purdue which will now be chomping at the bit.

ND better wake up because losing to NIU means YOU CAN NOW LOSE TO ANYONE.

Georgia Tech lost today, so our strength of schedule gets even weaker. I think Freeman should get the year to turn it around. If we win 10 or 11 games, he should get another year. But no more losses like this one.

So many are trying to pin this on the QB when the WHOLE team pretty much failed today.
Just replacing the QB is not enough. This HC simply is not up to it. When you lose to a team that has basically almost no starters that would start for you, you have to look at the HC for the main reason.
I don't disagree but, his worst decision was getting RL so that's on him. I like him but, he's not it!! You simply can't lose this game in year 3, he should be fired but, he won't cause' it would be a PR nightmare! The sleepy lords will delay the inevitable and ND in 3.5 hours went from #5 to no-man's land.

Leonard missed a lot of throws and didn't see open receivers. He hits on half of those misses ND wins by 2 scores. He's been inaccurate and has no arm beyond 15 yards.

To be honest, we probably would’ve lost the Texas A&M game as well had Texas A&M not had the worst quarterback ever who could not complete a pass if his life depended on it.

Reactions: futuredomer
Georgia Tech lost today, so our strength of schedule gets even weaker. I think Freeman should get the year to turn it around. If we win 10 or 11 games, he should get another year. But no more losses like this one.
There is zero chance Marcus Freeman will be fired during the season.

Reactions: DublinND and NDinNJ
It’s obvious Freeman is in over his head but he will be there 4 more years

My guess is that he'll get his full five years. ND is too invested in him as a NARRATIVE -- and perhaps even as a COUNTER-NARRATIVE to Kelly -- to bail on him.

He's had two good enough seasons, so that in the event that things were to go pear-shaped from here, he's probably earned sufficient good will -- in terms of how ND sees things -- to get the chance to redeem himself, should that becomes necessary.

Just as ND hates HUBRIS, it will always try its utmost to forgive a "sinner."

In other words, coaches who FLAIL.

I am beside myself. This crap again?
If freeman does not replace Leonard next week, he should be fired
Come on Bavacqua, show your gonads

This is why we get the Nd is over rated crap
Unfortunately, it wasn't crap today. It was ACCURATE.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Leonard missed a lot of throws and didn't see open receivers. He hits on half of those misses ND wins by 2 scores. He's been inaccurate and has no arm beyond 15 yards.
The Oline was terrible

For a team to play this poorly against such a inferior team says a lot

and this has happened every single year he has been the HC

Reactions: NDinNJ
Amazing how quick perception can change. A few hours ago we were number 5 with a bullet. And now...

There is zero chance Marcus Freeman will be fired during the season.
I agree. But ND will never win the big dance with him. I understand he's a good guy, players love him, 6 kids, & the rest of the boxes are checked. He's in over his head. Remember he tried to say it was planned that ND had 10 players vs Ohio St. It's over.

Reactions: futuredomer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT