ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman crushing D recruiting- offense better pick up!

I am really tired of this Kelly garbage. If you miss Kelly sssooooooooooooooooo much then go over to the LSU board and follow him. freeman did not act the way Bob Davie did with Lou Holtz so cut him some slack. I feel Coach Freeman coached a good game against Okie State. Their offense got rolling and ND couldn't handle them. It's not the first time nor will it be the last. Good grief, just give it a rest.
How did Davie act? I was 11 at the time, and basically followed what was covered on NBC every Saturday.

St brown had a ton to gain. What are you talking about
He left due to us not having a passing offense going into 2018 and his parents. I’m not saying freeman or anyone is going to win them all. I’m saying we haven’t won much this off season. Harry great to get back!

Last edited:
Well then you're going to have a tough time justifying your position when Foskey gets taken before Kyren then aren't you ?
No, Kyren has physical limitations and will never be a top 20 pick, he can’t show much more. Foskey can be a top 20 pick but he has to show more consistently. Example. He had a sack ok stayed first series then was almost non existent until he forced the fumble 53 minutes later

Kelly added nothing to ND’s trophy case, in 12 years (2x’s longer than any coach who did not win a NC.)
Kelly is a good coach, but not at the NC level. LSU fans can enjoy the 9 win seasons for a time, but then they will
revoke Kelly’s dance card!

Reactions: Kontiki09
Kelly added nothing to ND’s trophy case, in 12 years (2x’s longer than any coach who did not win a NC.)
Kelly is a good coach, but not at the NC level. LSU fans can enjoy the 9 win seasons for a time, but then they will
revoke Kelly’s dance card!
Yeah i'm completely fine with Kelly not being the coach. Over the last 5 years though he has the program in really good shape. Needing just a bit better recruiter and a coach to take us to the next level!

I just don't like how jack wasn't prepared for this when he saw it coming.

The DC hire will be critical I believe. Freeman clearly can't coach and handle the DC duties. The Defenses performance vs a middle of the road offense is historically bad in the bowl game.

Why all the bickering? BK decided to leave because he thought LSU was a better job. I strongly disagree with him, but that's his choice. He clearly indicated he was finished at ND. Well, I am finished with him. Coach Freeman is our coach and I support him. He wasn't my first choice but that doesn't matter now. He is the Head Coach at Notre Dame. I hope he's the best coach at ND since Ara Parseghian. It would mean a lot of wins and multiple National Championships.

Why all the bickering? BK decided to leave because he thought LSU was a better job. I strongly disagree with him, but that's his choice. He clearly indicated he was finished at ND. Well, I am finished with him. Coach Freeman is our coach and I support him. He wasn't my first choice but that doesn't matter now. He is the Head Coach at Notre Dame. I hope he's the best coach at ND since Ara Parseghian. It would mean a lot of wins and multiple National Championships.
Agree 100% .

I actually think Freeman has a better chance at a great HC than great DC. That's why I believe the DC hire will be critical.

There just hasn't been a ton of "gap closing" moves since his hire outside of Defensive Recruiting. IT's early, I get it. Heistand is big for the oline. We now need QB/WR recruiting and development. We won't get to the promise land without elite play at the QB/WR spots. Jack played elite for 29 minutes vs ok state. Buchner has potential, but there's no one on the roster after Buchner that has elite traits.

Kelly left because LSU gave him almost $10 million per year...that is Nick Saban money but he has not delivered Nick Saban results. Boosters will not be happy if continues to lose to Saban. I am Glad ND did not get a chance to counter offer.

Lenzy was important.

Lugg announced he coming back. I don't understand that. Maybe he'll challenge for a starting guard spot

Lenzy has been a huge disappointment from day 1.

He could be a candidate for worst player on the fiesta field.

He left due to us not having a passing offense going into 2018 and his parents. I’m not saying freeman or anyone is going to win them all. I’m saying we haven’t won much this off season. Harry great to get back!
We've lost 1 guy

Lenzy has been a huge disappointment from day 1.

He could be a candidate for worst player on the fiesta field.
I definitely think Lenzy isn't as fast as he's billed, but he's solid. I'd like him as WR3. He didn't have a good second half but he was far from worst player on the field.

On offense alone madden and diggs were significantly worse.

Kelly left because LSU gave him almost $10 million per year...that is Nick Saban money but he has not delivered Nick Saban results. Boosters will not be happy if continues to lose to Saban. I am Glad ND did not get a chance to counter offer.
Kelly didn’t leave for money, how could you not know that ?

1 guy, and I’d argue, was Austin ever really “here”. He played well this season, but from the moment he stepped on campus, it felt like he had 1 foot off. Wish he was back, but he’s not. We can replace Kevin Austin.
Austin leaving early is laughable. He's got talent, but never really put it together, and like most of our receivers (excluding Mayer) he doesn't really win contested balls. NFL is gonna be a stretch for him

Reactions: IrishMike409
1 guy, and I’d argue, was Austin ever really “here”. He played well this season, but from the moment he stepped on campus, it felt like he had 1 foot off. Wish he was back, but he’s not. We can replace Kevin Austin.
We lost Austin a good wr and kept lenzy an average wr.

Austin leaving early is laughable. He's got talent, but never really put it together, and like most of our receivers (excluding Mayer) he doesn't really win contested balls. NFL is gonna be a stretch for him
Its hard for me to blame him if he has his degree though I’d like to see him back for a fifth year.

Ben Skowronek…I wonder if he would have made a roster had he not stayed in college for a fifth. He was only drafted in the 7th round but looks like he’ll play for at least 3 years in the NFL.

It is repulsive. And you should report yourself. The most positive thing you gave said about Freeman so far is his name. And that is across multiple threads.

Calm down take a breath. Seriously. No matter how much you bitch on here. And you seem to be going for a record. It won't change anything on the football program. This seems personal to you.
There’s no place for racist comments. You should be banned.

No. I'm just not a little b**** and go run and tell

Who cares

Stop being soft
as much as I get attacked, it doesn't phase me. Even his immature racist comments didn't phase me.

The issue is racism today, if you allow racist comments to go unpunished it will build and cause problems.

Our board is close to the edge at times and that's cool, but his/hers went way over and you don't want this board to go to absolute trash.

as much as I get attacked, it doesn't phase me. Even his immature racist comments didn't phase me.

The issue is racism today, if you allow racist comments to go unpunished it will build and cause problems.

Our board is close to the edge at times and that's cool, but his/hers went way over and you don't want this board to go to absolute trash.
Stay woke Karen

Get Nasty, if you disagree with the direction of the team and the awful job that Freeman has done in the month he has been on the job (by your standard), why are you on this board?

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Get Nasty, if you disagree with the direction of the team and the awful job that Freeman has done in the month he has been on the job (by your standard), why are you on this board?
Why do you think? There's far more posting when things aren't going great because passionate fans want improvement.

I also don't think he's done an awful job, he did an awful job coaching IN the bowl game, that's clear.

We just haven't gotten news of any big hires other than HH (first win). Hard to get excited over a ST coach, although it looks like a good hire. Need a stud DC. Need foskey, patterson, ademilola. Need joseph and a WR and possibly CB from the portal. Need offensive recruiting to pick up big time.

With that said, Brian Kelly has had a worse month than Freeman.

Why do you think? There's far more posting when things aren't going great because passionate fans want improvement.

I also don't think he's done an awful job, he did an awful job coaching IN the bowl game, that's clear.

We just haven't gotten news of any big hires other than HH (first win). Hard to get excited over a ST coach, although it looks like a good hire. Need a stud DC. Need foskey, patterson, ademilola. Need joseph and a WR and possibly CB from the portal. Need offensive recruiting to pick up big time.

With that said, Brian Kelly has had a worse month than Freeman.
He brought back the strength coach and all the quality coaches on the staff. Win

He fired the 3 weakest staff members. Win

He hired HH. Big Win

Hired an upgrade ST coach and recruiter. Win.

He got some depth pieces to come back even if they aren't starters, they are depth. Win

He landed Peyton Bowen. Huge win

He's just getting started and looks really good so far

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

But, that comment was beyond inappropriate and indefensible!

He brought back the strength coach and all the quality coaches on the staff. Win

He fired the 3 weakest staff members. Win

He hired HH. Big Win

Hired an upgrade ST coach and recruiter. Win.

He got some depth pieces to come back even if they aren't starters, they are depth. Win

He landed Peyton Bowen. Huge win

He's just getting started and looks really good so far
Dude, give up ... I've said it all season long, GN is clueless, a whinny. You keep banging your head, an ultimately you'll get no further than a head ache.

Reactions: IrishRogue
Since lou holtz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT