ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman crushing D recruiting- offense better pick up!

Damn you are dense and completely full of yourself. Jump down off that horse and go somewhere else, you are beyond embarrassing
See ya'll live vicariously through the players since you've never done it. All you've known is heartbreak and losing since you haven't experienced championships and don't know what it takes.

I get it, i'll be more sympathetic

George Takacs returning for a 5th year
That's disappointing actually...... We were not very good this year in 2 TE sets vs good teams. We went a lot of 2 TE sets the 2nd half vs OK state with diggs as RB.

He’s not a good coach. Time will tell but giving up the worst loss in ND history is a nice indication.

Didn't you tell us you were leaving after you called Freeman, "Boy"?, and people saw you for what you are and called you out on it? You know that's...racially insensitive at best.

Now you come back because why? Because Freeman faltered in his first game, and you need to have people believe you were right about him - after one game?

Reactions: TorontoHrvat
What an idiot u are, get nasty
Anyone that doesn't understand how bad of a loss happened saturday after being up 28-7 has failed in life so much they are jaded. I understand and sympathize with you.

Sounds like it’s a done deal

Freeman has his two best players quit on him and the team his first few weeks on the job

does a terrible job coaching and adjusting in the bowl game leading ND to one of its worst ever losses (defense almost gave up 400 yards second half)

two players who should come back and are critical for your 2022 season are going to the nfl

I thought he was a players coach? I thought players would run through a brick wall for him(team played so soft yesterday)

Well, at least he’s recruiting defensively great. He’s doing about one thing good right now.
What a douche op has become.

Reactions: Golson5
Your powers of prognostication are starting to look suspect, Chicken Little. It isn't official yet - although one source claimed it was - but the current rumor is Foskey will be staying. He will make his official announcement on Jan 8.
Would be so awesome if foskey stays!!

Would be so awesome if foskey stays!!
But your sources said it's almost a done deal he be gone.

You blamed him for Kyren and Hamilton opting out.

Then blamed him for foskey and austin going pro

What about your sarcastic speech about him being a players coach and them running thru a brick wall?

You nailed it

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
But your sources said it's almost a done deal he be gone.

You blamed him for Kyren and Hamilton opting out.

Then blamed him for foskey and austin going pro

What about your sarcastic speech about him being a players coach and them running thru a brick wall?

You nailed it
If he comes back I’ll gladly admit I was wrong about foskey. Foskey coming back will be the first good player to say they’re coming back.

when Houston Griffith tweets he’s coming back like it’s a big deal you know you’re in trouble at that position.

If he comes back I’ll gladly admit I was wrong about foskey. Foskey coming back will be the first good player to say they’re coming back.

when Houston Griffith tweets he’s coming back like it’s a big deal you know you’re in trouble at that position.
Lenzy was important.

Lugg announced he coming back. I don't understand that. Maybe he'll challenge for a starting guard spot

Lenzy was important.

Lugg announced he coming back. I don't understand that. Maybe he'll challenge for a starting guard spot
Worst case would be he tries center again. Lugg can not be one of our top 5 next year. Back up spindler and fisher.
Lenzy is important because Austin went pro. Lenzy isn’t that good.

Reactions: Weisnheimer
Worst case would be he tries center again. Lugg can not be one of our top 5 next year. Back up spindler and fisher.
Lenzy is important because Austin went pro. Lenzy isn’t that good.
He was important because Austin went pro, we have no depth, and he has speed. If utilized correctly, he can be a weapon

In surprised Lugg decided to come back with the 2 young tackles. No way can he beat those 2 out

He was important because Austin went pro, we have no depth, and he has speed. If utilized correctly, he can be a weapon

In surprised Lugg decided to come back with the 2 young tackles. No way can he beat those 2 out
Maybe he knows he’s not an NFL player. Wants an MBA from ND and 1 more year of football. Sounds like a great deal for any 22-23 year old who isn’t going on to play a professional sport.

Also….WHEN someone on the OL gets hurt, Lugg steps in. Great depth to have.

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
I was willing to give Freeman the benefit of the doubt, but my sources tell me he was making breakfast for his kids and broke the yolk of one egg and burned the toast.

By Get Nasty's standard every coach in college football is awful. How many undergrads from Bama have gone pro early? I guess they all quit on Bama. Trevor Lawrence must have quit on Clemson.

Also Foskey and the defense had one of the best seasons ever in terms of sacks which increased Foskey's draft stock.

Get Nasty, why do you post on this board if you are going to be negative about the team?

I was willing to give Freeman the benefit of the doubt, but my sources tell me he was making breakfast for his kids and broke the yolk of one egg and burned the toast.
You can work with that…. If he broke and left and egg shell in there we have problems

Jesus, fire him!!! Can't do anything right. Hopefully he made some adjustments

By Get Nasty's standard every coach in college football is awful. How many undergrads from Bama have gone pro early? I guess they all quit on Bama. Trevor Lawrence must have quit on Clemson.

Also Foskey and the defense had one of the best seasons ever in terms of sacks which increased Foskey's draft stock.

Get Nasty, why do you post on this board if you are going to be negative about the team?
Are you ok?

some players SHOULD go pro early like Kyren and Kyle. Some shouldn’t… like Austin, Patterson, jayson, foskey, etc.

Freeman so far is getting not good players back. Lenzy and takacs are ok. But we need foskey Patterson ademilola and the portal!

Are you ok?

some players SHOULD go pro early like Kyren and Kyle. Some shouldn’t… like Austin, Patterson, jayson, foskey, etc.

Freeman so far is getting not good players back. Lenzy and takacs are ok. But we need foskey Patterson ademilola and the portal!
I want ND to keep all their best players but if a 21-22 year old has a realistic chance to get drafted and get paid, there is not much a coach can do to keep them. If they were transferring, I would feel different. I honestly think Austin is a stretch given the amount of time he actually played. However, given the trouble he had to stay eligible earlier in his career, college life is not for him.

Reactions: Weisnheimer
How about he does something good as a coach outside of his defensive recruiting. Tell me one good thing he’s done other than defensive recruiting?

Austin/foskey shouldn’t be going to the nfl right now, then that’s clear, freeman should be recruiting back like every other great coach does. Kelly had huge success here. I could name 10players he got to come back for a fourth or 5th year.

I get Hamilton and Kyren going pro, not Austin and foskey.

I will acknowledge when he does something really good like his defensive recruiting. But right now he’s failing at everything else
Why all the hate??? GUYS GO PRO A LOT TO HELP FAMILIES. Maybe you had a silver spoon. Most of these kids didn't.

Arguable the best player under Kelly was Quentin Nelson and he went pro after his Junior year

Why all the hate??? GUYS GO PRO A LOT TO HELP FAMILIES. Maybe you had a silver spoon. Most of these kids didn't.
You have to help them see end game. Yeah you can make a few bucks more next year or you can make a lot more the next 10 years.
Kyle and Kyren couldn’t improve draft status.

Everyone else can.

I am just disgusted it’s looking like we took 1 step forward and 4 steps back. Hopefully I’m proven wrong and we hit the portal, and hire a home run DC!

Arguable the best player under Kelly was Quentin Nelson and he went pro after his Junior year
False …. He could have left after his jr year but returned and went wayyyy up the draft board after being a unanimous all American.

You have to help them see end game. Yeah you can make a few bucks more next year or you can make a lot more the next 10 years.
Kyle and Kyren couldn’t improve draft status.

Everyone else can.

I am just disgusted it’s looking like we took 1 step forward and 4 steps back. Hopefully I’m proven wrong and we hit the portal, and hire a home run DC!
This happens every year...remember Troy Nicklaus, had a bright future as a TE went to the draft a year earlier than he should have, Kelly tried but couldn't convince him to stay. This happens to every coach.

If Kelly had stayed at ND, these would have still left.

This happens every year...remember Troy Nicklaus, had a bright future as a TE went to the draft a year earlier than he should have, Kelly tried but couldn't convince him to stay. This happens to every coach.

If Kelly had stayed at ND, these would have still left.
Agree but more stayed under Kelly than left earlier than they should have.

He had a year of eligibility remaining
That is very true but he was a sr when he left…. He had a tough decision after his jr year because he had a good grade, he returned and got one of the best grades possible for linemen at guard spot and is one of the best in the league. Probably the best when healthy
Your most talented players aren’t staying 5 years, hopefully you get them to stay for 4 like Q.

That is very true but he was a sr when he left…. He had a tough decision after his jr year because he had a good grade, he returned and got one of the best grades possible for linemen at guard spot and is one of the best in the league. Probably the best when healthy
Your most talented players aren’t staying 5 years, hopefully you get them to stay for 4 like Q.
You have an excuse for everything, lmaoooo

Steph Tuitt, Will Fuller and St. Brown all left after their junior year...Foskey is a better prospect than Fuller and St. Brown...if Kelly couldn't keep them, why is it a failure Freeman to lose him.

You have an excuse for everything, lmaoooo
What the heck excuse are you talking about?
Q started every game for 2 years. He easily could have gone pro after his jr year. Kelly talked him into staying for his sr year and Q became one of the all time greats and the rest is history!!

Q is the example you show to everyone else on what can happen if you come back for one more year and improve.

Steph Tuitt, Will Fuller and St. Brown all left after their junior year...Foskey is a better prospect than Fuller and St. Brown...if Kelly couldn't keep them, why is it a failure Freeman to lose him.
Tuitt fuller and st brown had nothing more to gain like Hamilton and Kyren …. That’s the point. St brown could have returned but he was worried he didn’t have a throwing qb and offense due to 2017 being almost all run. Also probably knew claypool was already better than him.

foskey and Austin can make huge gains coming back. Same as ademilola and Patterson. You need to get the ones back that can really increase their draft stock.

Fuller and St. Brown could have benefitted from coming back...a good example of why players leave early is Jaylon Smith...he was the Butkus award winner, All-American and projected to be a top 5 pick. He injured his knee in the bowl game, his draft stock dropped and he never was the same player again. At 26, he is out of the NFL, maybe he gets signed next as a rotational player. These players see that and know there career is one play away from being over. They have to seize their opportunity and there is not much a coach can do it about it. In fact, coaches are screwed either way. Remember when Mark Sanchez announced he was going pro early. Pete Carroll disagreed publicly with Sanchez' decision and said he was not ready and he was right. Everybody bashed Carrol for not supporting his player (this is the only time I felt bad for Carroll).

On the flip side both Matt Leinhart and Matt Barkley came back for their Sr. Year and it hurt their draft stock.

Last edited:
Fulller was drafted 21st overall,
Not going to beat that coming back.

Leinhart never cared about the nfl

not everyone is going to get it perfectly right but the best programs get more right than not

Tuitt fuller and st brown had nothing more to gain like Hamilton and Kyren …. That’s the point. St brown could have returned but he was worried he didn’t have a throwing qb and offense due to 2017 being almost all run. Also probably knew claypool was already better than him.

foskey and Austin can make huge gains coming back. Same as ademilola and Patterson. You need to get the ones back that can really increase their draft stock.
Sampson has been reporting for the last 2 months that Austin was extremely likely to declare for the draft. That's pre-BK leaving and pre-MF being HC. It doesn't make sense but apparently, he made it well-known early on and it's not like he didn't know ND would need him badly next year. And he just got a "return to school" eval from the draft advisory board. He's been deadset on trying to go pro and it's very obvious no one was ever going to talk him out of it. His decision has nothing to do with MF.

And again, there's a good chance Foskey will be staying. So you are going nuts over these two for no reason other than the fact you have an emotional incontinence problem.

I am really tired of this Kelly garbage. If you miss Kelly sssooooooooooooooooo much then go over to the LSU board and follow him. freeman did not act the way Bob Davie did with Lou Holtz so cut him some slack. I feel Coach Freeman coached a good game against Okie State. Their offense got rolling and ND couldn't handle them. It's not the first time nor will it be the last. Good grief, just give it a rest.

Are you ok?

Well then you're going to have a tough time justifying your position when Foskey gets taken before Kyren then aren't you ?

St brown had a ton to gain. What are you talking about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT