ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman crushing D recruiting- offense better pick up!

It sounds like I was wrong on foskey.

so happy to be wrong!!!

freeman is crushing it with defensive recruiting and current defensive player recruiting!!! Great job!

At about the 7:20 Mark Ara talks about Montana. Ara said he knew who Montana was because he recruited him. I've been reading and following Ara Parseghian since I was10 years old. There is no saga here only truth. Believe it or not is your choice.

I, of course, was speaking figuratively when I said I doubted Ara even knew who Montana was his freshman year. I''m guessing he had more important things on his mind -- like the fact that six of his players, including Ross Browner, Willie Fry, Luther Bradley, and Al Hunter, had been suspended after a young woman claimed they had raped her in a dorm room while they were attending summer school -- than developing Montana, which likely wouldn't have started until spring practice anyway. But I was more addressing your remark that Parseghian told Devine to "take care of Montana." I've never heard anyone suggest Ara did any such thing.

I'm not trying to start a pissing contest. I just think there is an almost legendary patina around Joe Montana. While he developed into a great QB in the NFL, in college, he was streaky. There was nobody you wanted on your side more than him when he got hot late in the game, but other times he was very average. I doubt Parseghian, whose teams ran about 80 percent of the time, would have developed him any better than Devine.

Wrong initially, correct with my call this morning

curious if foskey had a change of hearts or if sources were completely wrong early in the week
With what were you correct this morning- altering your dumbass thread title based on extensive reporting that you were wrong? Either way, Freeman's ability and suitability as ND coach has ZERO to do with Foskey's decision.

It sounds like I was wrong on foskey.

so happy to be wrong!!!

freeman is crushing it with defensive recruiting and current defensive player recruiting!!! Great job!
The moment you posted it you were wrong.

You are so fast to put holes in this hire you lose all logic.

Your statement “I thought he was players coach” shows you are so anxious to get Freeman out.

Relax, take a deep breath, and just enjoy the ride.

Sounds like it’s a done deal

Freeman has his two best players quit on him and the team his first few weeks on the job

does a terrible job coaching and adjusting in the bowl game leading ND to one of its worst ever losses (defense almost gave up 400 yards second half)

two players who should come back and are critical for your 2022 season are going to the nfl

I thought he was a players coach? I thought players would run through a brick wall for him(team played so soft yesterday)

Well, at least he’s recruiting defensively great. He’s doing about one thing good right now.
A lot of overreaction and crying in one short post

Pathetic

Wow Get Nasty is like our very own Antonio Brown.
He really is an idiot. Kept crying that Fosku wasn’t coming back and was wrong again. I never let negative people like Get Nasty around my life. Why when you could have good people.

Reactions: Golson5
Ara said it in one of those short video bites like the one I shared in this thread. He said it and if you don't believe it then that's your business. I'm not in the habit of giving out false information. Ara did a ton of those short videos before the Lord took him from us. I'm not in the habit of pissing contest. Pissing is a very private act that should take place in the privacy of the bath or rest room. Unless your working out in the crop field then you go where you stand. My last comment on the subject.

Last edited:
Was the title to this thread altered? I remember some thread mentioned Foskey leaving and that was proof Freeman "lost the team" and "must be fired".

Talk about chicken little, the sky is falling.. lol

33% wrong…. Correct losing Austin and correct on doing a terrible job in game coaching vs ok state

wrong on foskey

happy to be wrong on foskey

33% wrong…. Correct losing Austin and correct on doing a terrible job in game coaching vs ok state

wrong on foskey

happy to be wrong on foskey
The topic was your title and it was wrong. The commentary on MF's Fiesta Bowl coaching was a separate topic.

Your thread title wasn't just about predicting Austin and Foskey would be leaving. You were blaming MF for it. Austin actually leaving doesn't vindicate you in any way. He was deadset on leaving well before BK left and MF took over. If you had been paying attention to the news being reported over the last couple of months you would have already known that. ND desperately needing him and the draft advisory board telling him to go back to school weren't enough to change his mind. Nothing was going to change his mind even though it was a dumb decision. MF had nothing to do with it.

Your title - and the crux of your OP - was 100% wrong. Several people have pointed out that obvious fact and you refuse to accept it. None of us are surprised.

The topic was your title and it was wrong. The commentary on MF's Fiesta Bowl coaching was a separate topic.

Your thread title wasn't just about predicting Austin and Foskey would be leaving. You were blaming MF for it. Austin actually leaving doesn't vindicate you in any way. He was deadset on leaving well before BK left and MF took over. If you had been paying attention to the news being reported over the last couple of months you would have already known that. ND desperately needing him and the draft advisory board telling him to go back to school weren't enough to change his mind. Nothing was going to change his mind even though it was a dumb decision. MF had nothing to do with it.

Your title - and the crux of your OP - was 100% wrong. Several people have pointed out that obvious fact and you refuse to accept it. None of us are surprised.
When you make stuff up like YOU are doing that’s what’s wrong

I never blamed freeman for anyone leaving I pointed out that he wasn’t winning… hence the title of the thread

patterson foskey and Joseph are big wins. Austin is a big loss, Freeman coaching in the ok state game is a big loss, probably second or third worst loss in last 30 years. We’ve been out gunned significantly every big bowl game last 25 years, this is the first one where we had the opposition out gunned AND a 21 point lead, only to puke the game away.

freeman has some big wins this last week, mainly on D.

he needs to get the offense on par or even close to the D from a recruiting perspective.

No, Kyren has physical limitations and will never be a top 20 pick, he can’t show much more. Foskey can be a top 20 pick but he has to show more consistently. Example. He had a sack ok stayed first series then was almost non existent until he forced the fumble 53 minutes later
The knock on Foskey is that he plays too upright when turning corner on edge rush and hasn’t demonstrated he can drive through the corner to get to QB before he steps up … it’s what is currently separating him from a day 2 pick and a 1st rounder. He is a young player in terms of games played … there is reason to think he develops more technique and elevates his draft position.

The knock on Foskey is that he plays too upright when turning corner on edge rush and hasn’t demonstrated he can drive through the corner to get to QB before he steps up … it’s what is currently separating him from a day 2 pick and a 1st rounder. He is a young player in terms of games played … there is reason to think he develops more technique and elevates his draft position.
That’s what I saw with gobaira. He gets too tall right out of his stance. Relies on his motor. Keep the motor,
Improve strength and technique

Reactions: IrishMike409
When you make stuff up like YOU are doing that’s what’s wrong

I never blamed freeman for anyone leaving I pointed out that he wasn’t winning… hence the title of the thread

patterson foskey and Joseph are big wins. Austin is a big loss, Freeman coaching in the ok state game is a big loss, probably second or third worst loss in last 30 years. We’ve been out gunned significantly every big bowl game last 25 years, this is the first one where we had the opposition out gunned AND a 21 point lead, only to puke the game away.

freeman has some big wins this last week, mainly on D.

he needs to get the offense on par or even close to the D from a recruiting perspective.
You forgot about Ademilola and HH as big wins

And talking about Austin and Foskey "quitting" on Freeman.
Quit making stuff up … what a liberal hack, I never said foskey and Austin were quitting on freeman.

Kyren and Kyle quit on this years team, foskey and Austin didn’t quit but had the ability to go pro after completing the ENTIRE season; one left one is staying. I was wrong on foskey, freeman is having a great week and that’s exciting coming off the bowl game.

Quit making stuff up … what a liberal hack, I never said foskey and Austin were quitting on freeman.

Kyren and Kyle quit on this years team, foskey and Austin didn’t quit but had the ability to go pro after completing the ENTIRE season; one left one is staying. I was wrong on foskey, freeman is having a great week and that’s exciting coming off the bowl game.
Based on your original headline, it wasn't clear you were referring to KW and KH. Foskey and Austin were the only players you had mentioned by name so I assumed you meant them.

Don't blame the rest of us when your hysterical posts get misinterpreted.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Based on your original headline, it wasn't clear you were referring to KW and KH. Foskey and Austin were the only players you had mentioned by name so I assumed you meant them.

Nasty gets his panties in a bunch every day. Pathetic.

They weren't misinterpreted but they were hysterical. All the backtracking he's doing doesn't cover up the fact that he was wrong in his chicken little sky is falling posts.

Pryor declared for the draft. I'm not sure what to think or where he was graded to be drafted.
He was seeing limited playing time as it was and it likely would have gotten worse if he had stayed. I don't blame him for trying to move on.

Glad to be wrong on foskey … disappointingly I was right on the d scheme this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT