ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman Cal Presser

My point is Rees doesn't want him to leave the pocket ever on called throws, he wants a play to be executed perfectly, and it takes 11 (or at least 8-9) people to execute Rees plays. On the flip side, watch every good offense with an athletic QB, they have the qb going everywhere and plan on them creating time to make throws. They make the D have to think and not sure what's going on. Most of us know what play ND is running (generally speaking) just by formation and or personnel. I frichan forgot screen existed because of Rees. I forgot about mis direction because of Rees. I forgot about crossing wrs over the middle because of rees.

I disagree though there wasn't room, yes if you stand 2 yards from the center and never move there won't be much room but that's coaching, he should have been sliding and moving around to find angles/windows when we knew by second series our Oline up the middle was done.

If you don't rollout and make throws the DEs and Oline will just slant and shoot gaps going for the tackle dummy. That's what marshalls coach said their game plan was vs our offense (he said it much nicer). If your QB is constantly moving around to make throws the defensive line has to defend and account for much more area and they can't just rush to one spot. Our 1920 basic read option play is successful because it's the only play rees runs that makes a defense have to think.
I agree sometimes you need a QB to make plays with his legs, whether that's running with it, moving out of the pocket to create space or more time to throw the ball.

The only chance ND offense has is to change the system they're running with slow developing runs up the middle, long out passes, and occasionally take shots.

You need to be pulling zeke a ton, his only asset is he moves well. Rollouts, speed options, quick slant game, and a ton of passes over the middle.

This all shoudl have happened after OSU when they exposed Zeke/Lugg again, but Tommy is such a bad coach and developer of an offensive system.
So true. It seems like hh and tr aren’t working together. Silos

Reactions: NDinNJ
I’d take him as OC or QB coach.
I hope he lands well. Unlike Coach O "If you're going to pay me an $18 million buyout, just tell me when to leave and what door to walk out of". Frost is going to have a lot of money and a lot of scars.

yes, he is certainly deserving of being mentioned in that company.
Do they have problems with quick passes over the middle ?

Your issue was with height, being 5’ 10” to be precise.

So how did being 5’10” work out for those guys ?

ADVERTISEMENT