ADVERTISEMENT

Former ND recruit QB Hunter Johnson

BVG could find some success at Louisville because there are no recruiting restrictions.

BVG doesnt recruit. He thinks it’s below him.

And he had a defense with two 5 Stars (Smith, Redfield), two very high 4/borderline 5 Stars (Morgan, Day) & two more secondary players who got drafted (KVR, Farley) on his 2015 defense & it still was horrible. And that doesn’t even count Tillery who started as a freshman who will be a high draft pick too. Every anslyst on the planet went on record stating how poorly he used Jaylon Smith.

The Arena League? Compete and be a good teammate.
He did though and he lost. Johnson has as good a chance to get drafted in a couple of years as most second year qb's. I love how your assumption is that if it is a self interested move it automatically means he is a bad teammate. This stuff happens, it was within the rule, it minimizes the distraction at his old school and gives him a chance to keep going on his goals, but by all means please continue to be a hater.

He did though and he lost. Johnson has as good a chance to get drafted in a couple of years as most second year qb's. I love how your assumption is that if it is a self interested move it automatically means he is a bad teammate. This stuff happens, it was within the rule, it minimizes the distraction at his old school and gives him a chance to keep going on his goals, but by all means please continue to be a hater.
He should stay and work harder. The best college player that I ever saw was Doug Flutie who walked on was 5 th string before he won the starting job and Heisman.
You have a better chance of getting to Supreme Court than Johnson does of getting to NFL.

Last edited:
He should stay and work harder. The best college player that I ever saw was Doug Flutie who walked on was 5 th string before he won the starting job and Heisman.
You have a better chance of getting to Supreme Court than Johnson does of getting to NFL.
I admire your willingness just dig in on a bad position. Weird that you just blatantly refuse to acknowledge that there are a number of QBs drafted in the last 5 years that played at multiple colleges.

I admire your willingness just dig in on a bad position. Weird that you just blatantly refuse to acknowledge that there are a number of QBs drafted in the last 5 years that played at multiple colleges.
Yeah and 20 times the number of guys who transferred and got buried on the depth chart.

Is competition a foreign concept to you?

The kid has been there for two full rotations of camps, spring practice & lost twice. He competed.
Then he realized it wasn’t going to work out. So you are saying a kid who doesn’t go to an elite program & walks into a job is a better competitor because he didn’t “quit?”
Likes lije saying a kid who joins the Navy & never tries to test himself is better than a kid who joins the Navy & tries BUDs & cant pass, because the second is a “quieter.” Never mind he stepped up & tried, but it just didn’t work out for him.

Back to Hunter. So you think he should sit around & get beat out for 4 years & get an average degree? And never have fun playing?

Or he could transfer closer to home, to Northwestern, play & have fun. Develop as a QB in games & maybe improve enough to get a look at the NFL. And at worst he gets a free world class education & degree from Northwestern.
Hmmmm, tough one?

Reactions: chitown sot
The kid has been there for two full rotations of camps, spring practice & lost twice. He competed.
Then he realized it wasn’t going to work out. So you are saying a kid who doesn’t go to an elite program & walks into a job is a better competitor because he didn’t “quit?”
Likes lije saying a kid who joins the Navy & never tries to test himself is better than a kid who joins the Navy & tries BUDs & cant pass, because the second is a “quieter.” Never mind he stepped up & tried, but it just didn’t work out for him.

Back to Hunter. So you think he should sit around & get beat out for 4 years & get an average degree? And never have fun playing?

Or he could transfer closer to home, to Northwestern, play & have fun. Develop as a QB in games & maybe improve enough to get a look at the NFL. And at worst he gets a free world class education & degree from Northwestern.
Hmmmm, tough one?
Yes he is saying that. Its crazy but he is saying that.

Every situation is different. I don’t begrudge a kid for transferring if the writing is on the wall. Just think, if Lisch & forystek don’t get hurt in the same game, we never hear of joe Montana. Think of all the great players that we never hear of that are floundering on the bench because a coach doesn’t like them or just doesn’t think they’re any good. In those cases, a transfer sounds like a good plan. I get that shying away from competition is not a good thing, but circumstances are vastly different w/ each & every situation.

Reactions: echowaker

Hmmmm, tough one?
Are you saying Clemson does not provide a quality education for those who choose to pursue one ?

Are you saying Clemson does not provide a quality education for those who choose to pursue one ?

I’m saying if I was offered a free degree from Clemson or Northwestern I would choose Northwestern.

Hmmmm, tough one?
I am saying kids bail out on their original program way too early. Say he transfers and doesn't get/win the job, should he transfer again? Work harder and get better! Do you believe every 2ndstringer should transfer to another program? Ridiculous!

I’m saying if I was offered a free degree from Clemson or Northwestern I would choose Northwestern.
do you know what type of degree he is pursuing ? Clemson originated as a military and agricultural school. Does Northwestern specialize in those areas ?

do you know what type of degree he is pursuing ? Clemson originated as a military and agricultural school. Does Northwestern specialize in those areas ?

I actually do know the Kirtz & Johnson families here locally.
I can tell you that Kirtz wants to play with Hunter, his old QB at Brownsburg. And both Kirtz & Hunter are high academic kids.
And I’m not too concerned about Clemson being originally an agriculture & military school. So was TAMU & it’s not in the same class as Northwestern.
Next you are going to tell me MSU is equal to Stanford? Okay.

I can tell you that Kirtz wants to play with Hunter, his old QB at Brownsburg. And both Kirtz & Hunter are high academic kids.
And I’m not too concerned about Clemson being originally an agriculture & military school. So was TAMU & it’s not in the same class as Northwestern.
You completely avoided the question. many universities specialize in specific areas. is there no chance that clemson has a more highly regarded field of study than some other schools ? you categorized a degree from clemson as "average " without even knowing what field of study the degree was in.

He's a high academic kid and he thought enough of Clemson as a university that he chose to go there. are you saying he made a mistake academically ? who ever claimed any one school was equal to another ? I was accepted to both MSU and Stanford and chose to stay in the midwest. I value my degrees. having gotten one from Stanford instead of MSU would not have made my professional choice any different.

Last edited:
He's a high academic kid and he thought enough of Clemson as a university that he chose to go there. are you saying he made a mistake academically ? who ever claimed any one school was equal to another ? I was accepted to both MSU and Stanford and chose to stay in the midwest. I value my degrees. having gotten one from Stanford instead of MSU would not have made my professional choice any different.
If you had gone to Stanford, you might have decided to join the pay message board. :eek:

Reactions: echowaker
If you accept that some universities have superior athletic departments training better than others then it should be easy to believe the same holds true for academics.

If you accept that some universities have superior athletic departments training better than others then it should be easy to believe the same holds true for academics.
I agree that depending on the field of study that is true. To make a blatant claim across the board comment is unfair not knowing all the facts.

BVG doesnt recruit. He thinks it’s below him.

And he had a defense with two 5 Stars (Smith, Redfield), two very high 4/borderline 5 Stars (Morgan, Day) & two more secondary players who got drafted (KVR, Farley) on his 2015 defense & it still was horrible. And that doesn’t even count Tillery who started as a freshman who will be a high draft pick too. Every anslyst on the planet went on record stating how poorly he used Jaylon Smith.
Yep right on with the post. pennick boy who thinks he knows everything loved BVG. Shows you what this clown knows.........NOTHING

Set to transfer from Clemson. Looking at Purdue and NW.
QB 's don't like to earn the top job.
This post just shows what a moron you are. He was buried on the depth chart. These kids know where they stand (like your buddy echo likes to say all the time) "you aren't at practice". The kid wants to play, so what if he transfers? He wants another shot, different competition. You come on here spouting your mouth and know nothing about his situation. Quit playing Mr High and Mighty. I'm sure if it was your kid you would keep telling him to "try harder, work harder, study more..blah, blah, blah. You are a blow hard

This post just shows what a moron you are. He was buried on the depth chart. These kids know where they stand (like your buddy echo likes to say all the time) "you aren't at practice". The kid wants to play, so what if he transfers? He wants another shot, different competition. You come on here spouting your mouth and know nothing about his situation. Quit playing Mr High and Mighty. I'm sure if it was your kid you would keep telling him to "try harder, work harder, study more..blah, blah, blah. You are a blow hard
Aren't you supposed to be cleaning all the bowling shoes?

Surprised you have time to post with it being Sunday. Time to do your beloved BKs' laundry, house cleaning and washing his cars.
You need to pair one right shoe with one left shoe. Also the shoes should be the same size.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT