ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Book haters out there....

How many of those guys are deep ball guys? Zero!!! Book threw bombs to Boykin all the time.

So you are saying a top NFL team like the saints are going to waste a 4th round pick on a QB with no arm strength? What am I missing here???
We had Lenzy and Keys and Davis last year as well.

Why are the coaches talking about pushing the ball down field this year when we werent last year.

McKinley and Skowronek were solid with the deep ball last year, they just didn't get enough opportunities.

You're using the word "bomb" extremely loosely LOL

They didnt draft him because of his arm strength. And yes QBs get drafted without having strong arms.

Trask arm isnt very strong. Either is Mac Jones. Jake Fromm got drafted in the 5th last year and probably has a weaker arm than Book

Reactions: jcswoopnh
So, when ND landed not only the number one QB in the country, Jimmy was the number one recruit in the country. So yes, a National championship should be the expectation by at least year 3.
Why? Because of one player? You didnt follow the team then.

Did you see the QBs and rosters that USC and Florida were putting together at that time. We weren't in their ballpark.

You were misinformed greatly then

We had Lenzy and Keys and Davis last year as well.

Why are the coaches talking about pushing the ball down field this year when we werent last year.

McKinley and Skowronek were solid with the deep ball last year, they just didn't get enough opportunities.

You're using the word "bomb" extremely loosely LOL

They didnt draft him because of his arm strength. And yes QBs get drafted without having strong arms.

Trask arm isnt very strong. Either is Mac Jones. Jake Fromm got drafted in the 5th last year and probably has a weaker arm than Book
No team, especially a top team like the Saints, would draft a guy that cannot get the ball down field.

Mac Jones? Bama had no issues throwing the deep ball.

Book had no issues getting the ball to Boykin and Claypool beyond 40 yards.

Why? Because of one player? You didnt follow the team then.

Did you see the QBs and rosters that USC and Florida were putting together at that time. We weren't in their ballpark.

You were misinformed greatly then
One player???

I definitely followed the team very closely. That’s why I remember all the top recruiting classes ND had.

2007 #6
2008 # 2 that was Floyd and Rudolph
2009 #15 but had Manti and Zach Martin

2006 the year before Jimmy they had the #5 class.

So yes, with the #1 QB along with some really good recruiting classes, yes, a Championship should be expected.

People just cannot admit when they are wrong. Everyone believed, me included, that Jimmy was going to lead ND to a championship. Wrong!

A good number of people on this board, me included, thought it was crazy when Book started over BW. Wrong!

I 100% admitted I was wrong about Book. Others on this board cannot and will not admit they were wrong about Book.

Even though:

1. He has more wins than any other ND QB
2. Finished top 10 in heisman
3. Undefeated at home
4. Final drive against #1 Clemson and OT vs Clemson some of the best memories ever!
5. Pass Efficiency Rating: Book is at 148.28 #2 all time at ND

If I said ND could have a QB that when he finishes his time at ND he will have all the above results, everyone on this board would be drooling the same way fan’s drooled over Jimmy committing.
I will say when it came to Book getting the starting nod, I was tepid. One thing I could say for sure is BW was obviously a terrible passer, and ND's offense was going to be, and already was, very much affected by that. Nevertheless we were 12-3 with Wimbush starting, so I think there was a hesitancy about replacing him, and Book of course was not exactly a top prospect waiting in the wings, and had been okay in previous bits of extended playing time.... and yet Wimbush was a truly terrible passer, of that there was no doubt.

So for me, there was a restrained excitement, but I wasn't clamoring for Wimbush to be benched, I was just sort of taking it one week at a time....

But when Book lit it up his first start vs Wake Forest, it was like a bomb went off! And overnight, the ND offense was back! Book wasn't spectacular, but he was highly productive and prolific and it just never stopped. And we haven't looked back since. And I'd like to think that Coan is the perfect kind of QB to keep the train rolling as a grad transfer. Then you plug most likely Buchner in, and maybe we will get that elusive championship before Kelly's gone.

Reactions: Zorich 88
How many of those guys are deep ball guys? Zero!!! Book threw bombs to Boykin all the time.

So you are saying a top NFL team like the saints are going to waste a 4th round pick on a QB with no arm strength? What am I missing here???

Zorich88, I’ll tell you what you’re missing !

You’re missing the fact that Golson5 knows nothing about football

Our QB, coaches didn't maximize Trembles potential. He is a talented pass catcher as well as an elite blocker. I understand we were a running team because that was our strength. But if we had a Trevor Lawrence or top QB, Tremble would have been targeted much more
This illustrates how little you know about football

Our qb didnt throw deep. That was the problem. He lacks arm strength and wouldnt take chances. I wasnt complaining about lack of a deep threat,I was complaining about our qb refusing to throw deep

Book was surrounded by talent everywhere. Mayer, Tremble, Williams, Tyree, top 3 OL. Skowronek, McKinley, Davis
Book didn’t “refuse” to throw deep as you absurdly state.

Book didn’t throw deep for a number of reasons.

1. The called plays didn’t call for deep throws.
2. ND didn’t have a WR who could get open deep.

”Chances” ? Have someone explain to you that you throw to your “progression” receivers, you don’t wait until a Golson5 receiver gets open deep after 10 seconds !

Then have someone who knows something about football explain to you the significant negative impact of turnovers and risk reward. Book protected retaining possession, he wasn’t turnover prone because he wasn’t reckless, as you demand

You know nothing about football

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Our QB, coaches didn't maximize Trembles potential. He is a talented pass catcher as well as an elite blocker. I understand we were a running team because that was our strength. But if we had a Trevor Lawrence or top QB, Tremble would have been targeted much more
WHY would a QB coach be involved with “maximizing Trembles potential“. ?

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL !

I honestly really do believe that the whole narrative that Ian Book either lacked the ability to throw deep or at least more aggressively downfield, or that he lacked the courage, which is, I suppose something else, and simply refused to do so unless the WR was totally wide open and there was no chance that anything could go wrong....

I think that thesis is overblown, if not complete and utter bullshit, let's just say. It's a hater's criticism, first of all, to apply to a QB who otherwise is so obviously a good, successful QB on an undefeated team. And quite frankly, I would say the extent to which such a heavy-handed, unfriendly critique of Book has gone national, and you have loser scouts saying the same shit on their podcasts or youtube channels... is thanks to all the haters among ND's own fanbase, Bryan Driskell chief among them. He was always minimizing everything he could about Book, and always playing up to the point of almost inventing things that weren't really there, anything you could maybe plausibly criticize Book for and get away with it. And he had the bully pulpit as one of the ND fanbase's leading voices, and most football-knowledgable journos.

And that became the default narrative of Ian Book. And if Book really was on the overcautious side as a passer - which at this point remains only a thesis and not a proven fact - there are worse things in the world for a QB to be than that, considering all the other excellent qualities he possessed, and all the success he achieved.

Personally, I just don't quite understand why ripping on and resenting Book was so irresistible to so many haters. Because one thing I can say for certain, if Ian Book had been a top 100 recruit out of HS, there's no way in a million years he ever would have come in for all the shit he took. NEVER. You can take that to the bank for certain. Maybe that's all it was, and ND fans simply hate underdogs. Which is probably very true.

“Our QB, coaches didn't maximize Trembles potential. He is a talented pass catcher as well as an elite blocker. I understand we were a running team because that was our strength. But if we had a Trevor Lawrence or top QB, Tremble would have been targeted much more”

Yeah, it was the qb and the coach that made him bobble and drop balls. More clown show drivel from the uninformed BBC.

You & I don’t see eye to eye on some things but that was a good post, savvy. That driskell guy is a hack that couldn’t ever just admit he was dead wrong about book as a player. Much like some on this board. So instead of giving him his due, they nitpick and make up shit to tear him down. Sad bunch indeed.

Reactions: NDhockey4
You & I don’t see eye to eye on some things but that was a good post, savvy. That driskell guy is a hack that couldn’t ever just admit he was dead wrong about book as a player. Much like some on this board. So instead of giving him his due, they nitpick and make up shit to tear him down. Sad bunch indeed.
Yeah, it was frustrating for sure.

I don't want to make it sound like Driskell never has anything of value to say, that wouldn't be correct or fair. But he definitely set the tone early when Book took over the starting spot. And it was only grudgingly and reluctantly that he began giving Book more credit as Book was cementing his legacy as one of ND's best ever starting QBs, whatever his true flaws are or are not.

And definitely a lot of fans got on that bandwagon too. It is what it is....

No team, especially a top team like the Saints, would draft a guy that cannot get the ball down field.

Like I said, plenty of teams have drafted qbs that do not have strong arms.

Brees did not have a strong arm. Especially the last 3 to 5 years. It was well below average

One player???

I definitely followed the team very closely. That’s why I remember all the top recruiting classes ND had.

2007 #6
2008 # 2 that was Floyd and Rudolph
2009 #15 but had Manti and Zach Martin

2006 the year before Jimmy they had the #5 class.

So yes, with the #1 QB along with some really good recruiting classes, yes, a Championship should be expected.
No.

He knows more about cfb then anyone on this board. He is arrogant but he played and coached at the college level.

If you listen to him break down the game. He knows his stuff

Ask jets fans about chad pennington

Reactions: Chest Brockwell
“Our QB, coaches didn't maximize Trembles potential. He is a talented pass catcher as well as an elite blocker. I understand we were a running team because that was our strength. But if we had a Trevor Lawrence or top QB, Tremble would have been targeted much more”

Yeah, it was the qb and the coach that made him bobble and drop balls. More clown show drivel from the uninformed BBC.
So you're trashing an ND player who got drafted in the 3rd round so you can defend a guy who got drafted in the 4th.

What a hater you are.

Ask jets fans about chad pennington
Book to Lenzy 55 yards on the money. Note the separation the WR has on the DB. Something that was lacking this season.
You mentioned earlier Book had Keys and Lenzy, yup he did.

The pass is at the 1:20-1:23 mark.

“So you're trashing an ND player who got drafted in the 3rd round so you can defend a guy who got drafted in the 4th.”

No, I’m trashing the idea that you were trying to make the point that tremble was an NFL asset in the passing game at ND. As I said, he was the best blocker I’ve seen at the TE position but his pass catching was not all that good. I also said that he may even have the capabilities to be a great pass catcher but that it was a bit of an adventure when he got the ball thrown to him. But I know you’re enamored w/ where and when a player is drafted. I, on the other hand, am evaluating the player on how he performed in college. But I don’t think I’ll argue w/ you anymore because you predicted jamarcus Russell to be a bust over a decade ago. Lol. What a clown show you & your petty little club are.

Reactions: Zorich 88
“He knows more about cfb then anyone on this board.”

Even more than you? No way.

“So you're trashing an ND player who got drafted in the 3rd round so you can defend a guy who got drafted in the 4th.”

No, I’m trashing the idea that you were trying to make the point that tremble was an NFL asset in the passing game at ND. As I said, he was the best blocker I’ve seen at the TE position but his pass catching was not all that good. I also said that he may even have the capabilities to be a great pass catcher but that it was a bit of an adventure when he got the ball thrown to him. But I know you’re enamored w/ where and when a player is drafted. I, on the other hand, am evaluating the player on how he performed in college. But I don’t think I’ll argue w/ you anymore because you predicted jamarcus Russell to be a bust over a decade ago. Lol. What a clown show you & your petty little club are.
ND had zero deep threats this season. Zero! Keys and Lenzy were supposed to be that deep threat.

So your saying Tremble was not an asset as a receiving tight end at Notre Dame. Yet he was drafted in the 3rd round

Trashing a ND player. What a pathetic poster you are. Bashing Tommy like that. Saying hes not good at something.

Your part of the club you say you hate. What a tool you are

Tremble hater

On cue, you bring up the draft as if that’s the end all for how a player performs in college. I also said that he very well could be good at it but didn’t necessarily show it at ND in terms of a receiving TE. Teams draft for different reasons. Some players are taken because of potential, some taken based on performance. Do you think tremble played up to a 3rd round pick based solely on his receiving at ND? I’m no tremble hater, you’re a book hater though. No doubt.

On cue, you bring up the draft as if that’s the end all for how a player performs in college. I also said that he very well could be good at it but didn’t necessarily show it at ND in terms of a receiving TE. Teams draft for different reasons. Some players are taken because of potential, some taken based on performance. Do you think tremble played up to a 3rd round pick based solely on his receiving at ND? I’m no tremble hater, you’re a book hater though. No doubt.
Not trying to be a wise ass but I am a bit concerned with the mental health of your crew. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder should be taken seriously. There are treatments and medications to help. I sincerely hope this helps!

More Tremble hate from the TBC

“Not trying to be a wise ass but I am a bit concerned with the mental health of your crew. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder should be taken seriously. There are treatments and medications to help. I sincerely hope this helps!”

Says the one that can’t stay away from the topic as well. Obsession is a two way street on the subject I guess. Seek help or just stop posting about it. We’ll see if you can.

“More Tremble hate from the TBC”

Wrong. The difference is I think tremble was worthy of being picked based on his elite blocking skills and his potential in the passing game. You tried to peddle some bullshit that his receiving skills were something that elevated book’s passing game. It really didn’t. So I ask again, do you think tremble’s receiving skills that he displayed at ND was what made him a 3rd round pick, or could it have been the combination of his elite blocking and potential in the passing game?

So yeah, you’re right, calling Tommy “elite” in one respect & saying he has the capabilities to be a great pass catcher in another, is real “tremble hate”. Lol

You call a top 10 heisman vote getter, all time winningest qb in ND history, the highest rated qb in 4th qtr efficiency in the country the last 2 & a half seasons, two time playoff qb, and two undefeated regular season qb “fine” & “okay” & the reason we didn’t win it all. See the difference? So you can paint me into the TBC if you want. At our club meetings we’ll talk about about his elite blocking and shy high potential in the passing game. Lol. You and your sad little bunch can use book’s program pic for a dartboard at yours.

Reactions: NDhockey4
“More Tremble hate from the TBC”

Wrong. The difference is I think tremble was worthy of being picked based on his elite blocking skills and his potential in the passing game. You tried to peddle some bullshit that his receiving skills were something that elevated book’s passing game. It really didn’t. So I ask again, do you think tremble’s receiving skills that he displayed at ND was what made him a 3rd round pick, or could it have been the combination of his elite blocking and potential in the passing game?

So yeah, you’re right, calling Tommy “elite” in one respect & saying he has the capabilities to be a great pass catcher in another, is real “tremble hate”. Lol

You call a top 10 heisman vote getter, all time winningest qb in ND history, the highest rated qb in 4th qtr efficiency in the country the last 2 & a half seasons, two time playoff qb, and two undefeated regular season qb “fine” & “okay” & the reason we didn’t win it all. See the difference? So you can paint me into the TBC if you want. At our club meetings we’ll talk about about his elite blocking and shy high potential in the passing game. Lol. You and your sad little bunch can use book’s program pic for a dartboard at yours.
Tremble hater. Pathetic

1:33 yesterday !

”QB, Coaches..... “ includes the QB coach and every other coach .......... moron !
Really. So you thought I was talking about every single coach when I said coaches? Are you that stupid....wait yeah you are. I guess I was taking about Lea as well.... moron

“Tremble hater. Pathetic”

Lol. I love tremble. You’re just a little butt hurt that another one of your bullshit posts was exposed. Have you hit the bullseye yet on your book dart board? Probably not, you’re always wrong about the subject, why should you start hitting the mark now? Lol. Clown show=golson

“Tremble hater. Pathetic”

Lol. I love tremble. You’re just a little butt hurt that another one of your bullshit posts was exposed. Have you hit the bullseye yet on your book dart board? Probably not, you’re always wrong about the subject, why should you start hitting the mark now? Lol. Clown show=golson
Tremble hater. Sad sad sad

Really. So you thought I was talking about every single coach when I said coaches? Are you that stupid....wait yeah you are. I guess I was taking about Lea as well.... moron
Then specify exactly what coaches you were referring to !

Once you list the coaches, tell us exactly how they didn’t “maximize Tremble’s potential.”

Then tell us exactly how Book didn‘t “maximize Tremble’s potential“ !

Then tell us which receiver should have not been thrown to so that Book could have thrown to Tremble.

Evidently you’re unaware that Tremble only played in 10 out of 12 games last year, right!

And that he only caught 19 passes while Mayer caught 42.

Should Tremble have started ahead of Mayer ?

Last edited:
“Tremble hater. Sad sad sad”

A tremble hater that called him the best blocker at the TE position he’s ever seen & worthy of his 3rd round status based on that & his potential & capabilities to be a great pass catcher too. What a hater. You, on the other hand, think book was the player that held us back from winning it all. If you can’t see the difference, I can’t help you. Now get back to that dartboard & see if you can hit the mark for once.

“Tremble hater. Sad sad sad”

A tremble hater that called him the best blocker at the TE position he’s ever seen & worthy of his 3rd round status based on that & his potential & capabilities to be a great pass catcher too. What a hater. You, on the other hand, think book was the player that held us back from winning it all. If you can’t see the difference, I can’t help you. Now get back to that dartboard & see if you can hit the mark for once.
Still Tremble hating. Pathetic

You actually believed we were going to win a NC with Jimmy with the talent we had at the time?

Yikes, you know less than I thought
Jimmy as a junior, had Floyd, Tate and Rudolph. Three all pro NFL targets. And a chance to win games at the end against many of the teams we lost to including Michigan and USC. Yea, I know the defense stunk.

Jimmy as a junior, had Floyd, Tate and Rudolph. Three all pro NFL targets. And a chance to win games at the end against many of the teams we lost to including Michigan and USC. Yea, I know the defense stunk.
The oline stunk. The defense stunk. And the coaches stunk. Other than that we were pretty good

Reactions: irish4life9999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT