ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Book haters out there....

Who cares about one game. Did Book look good against Louisville where we put up 12 points?

Yeah I think Sam would've been drafted in the first round this year. He'll be top 15 next year as a junior
Book was 11-19 that game. ND ran the ball what 50 times??? Sorry 49 times. They were simply working the run game that day.

No way Sam was a 1st round pick this season. He is not in the same league as
Fields
Lawrence
Lance
Wilson

Two seasons Sam has 14 picks. Good QB but not better than Book.

Also, are you saying with Sam at QB the last 2 seasons, ND would have the same or better record?

Book was 11-19 that game. ND ran the ball what 50 times??? Sorry 49 times. They were simply working the run game that day.

No way Sam was a 1st round pick this season. He is not in the same league as
Fields
Lawrence
Lance
Wilson

Two seasons Sam has 14 picks. Good QB but not better than Book.

Also, are you saying with Sam at QB the last 2 seasons, ND would have the same or better record?
He was 11 for 19 for 106 yards and 0 tds. That is terrible. Against an awful defense at home. No excuse

Sam has more talent than Mac Jones. I believe he would've went before him. Even if he didnt, I said first round. There are 32 picks and he would have went in the first.

Last 2 seasons

Howell - 68 tds 14ints 168.8 passer rating

Book - 49 tds 9 ints 146 passer rating

Yes Howell was better than Book. Is much better and will be a first rd pick next year.

Yes I'm saying that. Because he's a better qb than Book

Facts don't matter to the rubber room posse
WHY WON‘T YOU NAME BOOK’S GREAT WR’S IN 2020 ?

I’VE ASKED YOU NUMEROUS TIMES, SO WHY HAVE YOU FAILED TO NAME BOOK’S GREAT WR’S IN 2020 ?

YOU’RE A FRAUD !

I’VE ASKED YOU NUMEROUS TIMES, SO WHY HAVE YOU FAILED TO NAME BOOK’S GREAT WR’S IN 2020 ?

YOU’RE A FRAUD !
Wow you really know when you get under someone's skin when the hit the caps lock lol

YOU’RE A FRAUD !

YOU’RE A FRAUD !
A semi sane person would get the hint I was trying to ignore you.
If you wake up with wood thinking about Ian, there is nothing I can say or do to help you. I'll state again I'm not sure why you and your posse get upset when others say Ian was a real good qb.
As a peace offering I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery and when the time comes, may St Peter meet you at the gate, that Ian will be there offering you a bar of soap

Reactions: Golson5
He was 11 for 19 for 106 yards and 0 tds. That is terrible. Against an awful defense at home. No excuse

Sam has more talent than Mac Jones. I believe he would've went before him. Even if he didnt, I said first round. There are 32 picks and he would have went in the first.

Last 2 seasons

Howell - 68 tds 14ints 168.8 passer rating

Book - 49 tds 9 ints 146 passer rating

Yes Howell was better than Book. Is much better and will be a first rd pick next year.

Yes I'm saying that. Because he's a better qb than Book
Did you purposely leave off the rushing stat comparison the past two seasons?

Book 13 TDs and 1013 rushing yards

Sam 6 TDs 181 rushing yards.

Better than Mac Jones? Are you saying put Sam on Alabama this season and they still win the NC?

Mac had 4500 yards only 4 picks 77.4% 41 TDs

Nope, he is not better than Mac

Did you purposely leave off the rushing stat comparison the past two seasons?

Book 13 TDs and 1013 rushing yards

Sam 6 TDs 181 rushing yards.

Better than Mac Jones? Are you saying put Sam on Alabama this season and they still win the NC?

Mac had 4500 yards only 4 picks 77.4% 41 TDs

Nope, he is not better than Mac
Yes I'm saying that. He will be drafted higher than Mac Jones.

Sam actually has 8 rushing tds to Books 13. Nice short change there

If you add Books rushing and passing tds as a junior and senior it still doesnt add up to Sams passing tds alone as a frosh n sophomore

Sam is wayyy better than Book. Not close

“To be fair the JOK td was pretty important.”

Absolutely, chest. That was a big play. But can’t we turn it around and say the same thing about all the big plays book and the offense made throughout the year? It was a collective team effort is my point. To say that the defense was the reason we won is ignoring how efficient and how many points we scored. We were one of the best overall offenses the last three years. Top 20-25 for sure. Was the defense statistically better? Maybe so, but saying our offense wasn’t a catalyst for our success is 100% bullshit.

Absolutely, chest. That was a big play. But can’t we turn it around and say the same thing about all the big plays book and the offense made throughout the year? It was a collective team effort is my point. To say that the defense was the reason we won is ignoring how efficient and how many points we scored. We were one of the best overall offenses the last three years. Top 20-25 for sure. Was the defense statistically better? Maybe so, but saying our offense wasn’t a catalyst for our success is 100% bullshit.
That was Books best game of his career

“Sam is wayyy better than Book.”

Is Sam “wayyy” better than book, or just wayy better? How many y’s is it? Is this one of your “barely critical” takes on the subject? Lol. What a clown.

“Sam is wayyy better than Book.”

Is Sam “wayyy” better than book, or just wayy better? How many y’s is it? Is this one of your “barely critical” takes on the subject? Lol. What a clown.
He is wayyyy better. You only feel it is critical because you are obsessed with another dude. It's weird. Saying a possible top 5 pick is wayy better than a guy who was drafted in the 4th isn't critical. It just is what it is. So with your obsession

A semi sane person would get the hint I was trying to ignore you.
If you wake up with wood thinking about Ian, there is nothing I can say or do to help you. I'll state again I'm not sure why you and your posse get upset when others say Ian was a real good qb.
As a peace offering I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery and when the time comes, may St Peter meet you at the gate, that Ian will be there offering you a bar of soap
You continue to deflect and divert away from the question, which is a simple straight forward question.

Name the great WR’s that Book had as his disposal in 2020.

You continue to deflect and divert away from the question, which is a simple straight forward question.

Name the great WR’s that Book had as his disposal in 2020.
Since ignoring doesn't seem to be working... I never said wr play was great. See my post about facts don't matter to your posse. But I will say great qbs make the players around them better, hence, Ian isn't/wasn't/nor ever, was/will,be great

Its funny I remember watching tape of Book in high school and how he reminded me of Drew Brees now he his a Saint crazy how things work out.

That was Books best game of his career

Agreed. When he hit Avery Davis down the middle I spilled my beer. He did things in that game that were uncharacteristic that I hoped would continue.

Clemson hemmed him in the second time around.

I wondered why the offense went away from huddling in the second game. It seemed to calm them down, as opposed to a lot of recent big game situations where things start to sputter and it turns into a series of 3 and outs after a drop here or a botched snap there.

Definitely Book and the offense were good. I think the run game developed the ability to get more positive yards on plays that didn't go 50 plus yards. Aside from the Tony Jones season, Prosise, Adams and Dexter were really good at breaking long runs but lacked consistency getting necessary yards to move the sticks a lot of the time. Kyren always seems to get something instead of taking a loss, although that occasionally lends itself to fumbling.

The offense scored 40 or more points 6 times, but there were some head scratchers mixed it. Duke and Louisville come to mind. At the same time, there were moments that I was surprised the defense held up. Once Bracy lost confidence it got questionable. Lewis did a good job but it wasn't a situation where I breathed a sigh of relief.

Reactions: francade
“You're one angry little fella ain'tcha!”

Angry? Lol. No, that would be you when you talk about Phil leaving, little fella.

“He is wayyyy better. You only feel it is critical because you are obsessed with another dude. It's weird. Saying a possible top 5 pick is wayy better than a guy who was drafted in the 4th isn't critical. It just is what it is. So with your obsession”

Well now you changed it to four y’s. Is it three or four, make up your mind. And what’s weird is that you call me obsessed w/ the subject and yet you keep posting about it. We’ll see if you can stop. Doubt it.

“He is wayyyy better. You only feel it is critical because you are obsessed with another dude. It's weird. Saying a possible top 5 pick is wayy better than a guy who was drafted in the 4th isn't critical. It just is what it is. So with your obsession”

Well now you changed it to four y’s. Is it three or four, make up your mind. And what’s weird is that you call me obsessed w/ the subject and yet you keep posting about it. We’ll see if you can stop. Doubt it.
It's as many y's as you want to add. He is that much better

Since ignoring doesn't seem to be working... I never said wr play was great. See my post about facts don't matter to your posse. But I will say great qbs make the players around them better, hence, Ian isn't/wasn't/nor ever, was/will,be great
Another tired cliche from you !

Great QB’s can’t do anything when their receivers can’t get open.

Book is the winningest QB in ND history !

I’d say that that alone makes him great !

HAVE SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO YOU THAT TIGHT ENDS ARENT WIDE RECEIVERS!
Doesnt matter. Both catch passes. And those 2 are going 1st and 3rd round. Tell Gronk hes not a WIDE RECEIVER!

We had plenty of talent surrounding Book, from OL to RB to TE to WR. Plenty

Another tired cliche from you !

Great QB’s can’t do anything when their receivers can’t get open.

Book is the winningest QB in ND history !

I’d say that that alone makes him great !
Does it make him better than the QBs who won National Championships? Does it make him better than QBs who won Heismans or finished top 5?

He was a good QB, not great

Doesnt matter. Both catch passes. And those 2 are going 1st and 3rd round. Tell Gronk hes not a WIDE RECEIVER!

We had plenty of talent surrounding Book, from OL to RB to TE to WR. Plenty
That’s it, “both catch passes” ?

Now “Gronk” plays for ND ?

Tremnle and Mayer caught short and intermediate passes and Book threw to them.
Tremble caught 19 passes, Mayer caught 42 passes.

Have someone who knows something about football explain the role of Tight End to you, Have them also explain the difference, game plan wise, between a TE and a WR.

Weren‘t you complaining about the lack of a deep ball threat in 2020 ?
Let us know when TE become deep ball threats

Since you stated that Book had plenty of talent at WR, Then you’ll have no problem naming the talented wide receivers Book had in 2020, please proceed and name them.

OH, one last request, don’t include “Gronk”

As much as l appreciated what he brought to the table as a blocker (one of the very best I’ve seen at the TE position), Tremble was not a very talented pass catcher for ND. I’m not saying that he can’t develop into one, or even that he doesn’t have the capabilities to be one, but it was an adventure when the ball was thrown to him. Even balls he caught seemed to be bobbled at times. He dropped quite a few too. To say that he was an asset in the passing game, or to cite him as something special in that area because he got drafted is another in a long list of uninformed drivel on the subject. Par for the course w/ some here.

Does it make him better than the QBs who won National Championships? Does it make him better than QBs who won Heismans or finished top 5?

He was a good QB, not great
Just out of curiosity, how many “good” QB’s make the top 10 Heisman candidates ?

Book made the top 6 amongst ALL QB’s in 2020 in the Heisman voting.

So, again, it looks like the Heisman Committee and the New Orleans Saints organization knows far more about football and football talent than you.

But, that’s no surprise to anyone who accesses this site !

Book did put more points on the board, but they were taken off because of a stupid penalty. It is amazing how many people loved Jimmy Clausen and his record was awful - and it wasn't just the defense. Clausen had many chances to win games at the end and came up short. Book was a winner !

Reactions: Zorich 88
The all time winningest QB in ND history is, by definition, a great college QB. Whether he will become a great pro QB is not knowable today. Sure, odds are he won’t succeed, as is true with any QB in the league. But nobody knows right now. We know Ian Book was a great college QB.
It doesn’t matter what your xbox says.

That’s it, “both catch passes” ?

Now “Gronk” plays for ND ?

Tremnle and Mayer caught short and intermediate passes and Book threw to them.
Tremble caught 19 passes, Mayer caught 42 passes.

Have someone who knows something about football explain the role of Tight End to you, Have them also explain the difference, game plan wise, between a TE and a WR.

Weren‘t you complaining about the lack of a deep ball threat in 2020 ?
Let us know when TE become deep ball threats

Since you stated that Book had plenty of talent at WR, Then you’ll have no problem naming the talented wide receivers Book had in 2020, please proceed and name them.

OH, one last request, don’t include “Gronk”
Our qb didnt throw deep. That was the problem. He lacks arm strength and wouldnt take chances. I wasnt complaining about lack of a deep threat,I was complaining about our qb refusing to throw deep

Book was surrounded by talent everywhere. Mayer, Tremble, Williams, Tyree, top 3 OL. Skowronek, McKinley, Davis

People just cannot admit when they are wrong. Everyone believed, me included, that Jimmy was going to lead ND to a championship. Wrong!

A good number of people on this board, me included, thought it was crazy when Book started over BW. Wrong!

I 100% admitted I was wrong about Book. Others on this board cannot and will not admit they were wrong about Book.

Even though:

1. He has more wins than any other ND QB
2. Finished top 10 in heisman
3. Undefeated at home
4. Final drive against #1 Clemson and OT vs Clemson some of the best memories ever!
5. Pass Efficiency Rating: Book is at 148.28 #2 all time at ND

If I said ND could have a QB that when he finishes his time at ND he will have all the above results, everyone on this board would be drooling the same way fan’s drooled over Jimmy committing.

Reactions: NDhockey4
As much as l appreciated what he brought to the table as a blocker (one of the very best I’ve seen at the TE position), Tremble was not a very talented pass catcher for ND. I’m not saying that he can’t develop into one, or even that he doesn’t have the capabilities to be one, but it was an adventure when the ball was thrown to him. Even balls he caught seemed to be bobbled at times. He dropped quite a few too. To say that he was an asset in the passing game, or to cite him as something special in that area because he got drafted is another in a long list of uninformed drivel on the subject. Par for the course w/ some here.
Our QB, coaches didn't maximize Trembles potential. He is a talented pass catcher as well as an elite blocker. I understand we were a running team because that was our strength. But if we had a Trevor Lawrence or top QB, Tremble would have been targeted much more

People just cannot admit when they are wrong. Everyone believed, me included, that Jimmy was going to lead ND to a championship. Wrong!

A good number of people on this board, me included, thought it was crazy when Book started over BW. Wrong!

I 100% admitted I was wrong about Book. Others on this board cannot and will not admit they were wrong about Book.

Even though:

1. He has more wins than any other ND QB
2. Finished top 10 in heisman
3. Undefeated at home
4. Final drive against #1 Clemson and OT vs Clemson some of the best memories ever!
5. Pass Efficiency Rating: Book is at 148.28 #2 all time at ND

If I said ND could have a QB that when he finishes his time at ND he will have all the above results, everyone on this board would be drooling the same way fan’s drooled over Jimmy committing.
You actually believed we were going to win a NC with Jimmy with the talent we had at the time?

Yikes, you know less than I thought

Our qb didnt throw deep. That was the problem. He lacks arm strength and wouldnt take chances. I wasnt complaining about lack of a deep threat,I was complaining about our qb refusing to throw deep

Book was surrounded by talent everywhere. Mayer, Tremble, Williams, Tyree, top 3 OL. Skowronek, McKinley, Davis
How many of those guys are deep ball guys? Zero!!! Book threw bombs to Boykin all the time.

So you are saying a top NFL team like the saints are going to waste a 4th round pick on a QB with no arm strength? What am I missing here???

You actually believed we were going to win a NC with Jimmy with the talent we had at the time?

Yikes, you know less than I thought
So, when ND landed not only the number one QB in the country, Jimmy was the number one recruit in the country. So yes, a National championship should be the expectation by at least year 3.

ADVERTISEMENT