ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Book haters out there....

Can't believe he lost the trophy to Lawrence! Rigged I tell ya!
I also can't believe my Patriots didn't trade up to take him #2 overall

YOU’RE A FRAUD !

NAME HIS GREAT WR IN 2020 !

I'm really not sure what is worse....your lack of football knowledge or the fact you might think you have knowledge.
This obsession you and others have with Ian is unhealthy and truly bizarre. Nobody has stated he wasn't a really good QB and teammate. Qbs don't deserve all the credit or blame for a teams performance.
I know it is demoralizing to you when people point out his "happy feet" get him in trouble sometimes or that he is slow at going through his progressions. But fear not!!!! He is an overachiever who managed to get drafted into the Show. Ill be rooting for him to make it.
If for some reason it doesn't work out for Ian, I hope he will still give you a tingle up your leg

Reactions: Golson5
This board is for Notre Dame fans. It’s a place where we can debate and celebrate Notre Dane football.

If you or anyone has a problem with what Savvy or any other poster say’s, simply hit ignore or don’t reply. He didn’t call specific poster “ a Book Hater”. However, for the past three years many posters have stated how average or even how bad Book is. Now, the guy is signing an NFL contact!

Also, when Book had a bad game or ND lost, many from the Book “hater” club would call out the Book supporters. It’s a two way street. If you give it you better be able to take it.

Well considering I've been to almost every home game since the late 70's I think that would qualify me as a "Notre Dame Fan". Certainly not because some obtuse posters on obscure internet boards tell me I am or not. I'm happy for Ian and it did shock a lot of people he was taken this early. Just because posters have called Ian an average QB does not make them haters. Just the homer fans that call anyone that questions anything about players or coaching as haters and not ND fans. There is no debating with the Homer's. Either tow the line or you are not a fan and a hating troll.

Last edited:
Name his great WR in 2020 !

I thought you said that Rees was a terrible coach !
Nope. Never said that. Not me !! Nice try though.

He had 3 OL drafted in the top 3 rounds. At TE, Tremble and Mayer. At Rb, Williams and Tyree. At Wr, Skowronek got drafted and Mckinley Udfa. He had tons of talent surrounding him

Well considering I've been to almost every home game since the late 70's I think that would qualify me as a "Notre Dame Fan". Certainly not because some obtuse posters on obscure internet boards tell me I am or not. I'm happy for Ian and it did shock a lot of people he was taken this early. Just because posters have called Ian an average QB does not make them haters. Just the homer fans that call anyone that questions anything about players or coaching as haters and not ND fans. There is no debating with the Homer's. Either tow the line or you are not a fan and a hating troll.
My definition of a hater:

Even when the guy plays well they still have something negative to say.

My definition of a hater:

Even when the guy plays well they still have something negative to say.
So you don't deal well with reality, others opinions or facts??. Have you ever considered if this board may not be for you? Maybe a sci-fi or alternative reality based board?

Reactions: irish4life9999
Boy is the BBC in a bad mood. Love it.
You bashers have got to be the most petty group of posters in the history of message boards. You keep ragging on book and he keeps making you look stupid. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. You try & try to twist stats/games to bolster your bullshit narrative and get mad when someone calls you out on it. I’d say to give it up but for some of you, it’s impossible. You make prediction after prediction, they all end up being wrong, yet you want the board to put credence into your analysis on the subject? Why would we listen to you people when you’ve been wrong about a player every single step of the way?

“Nd offense ppg 2018 - 42nd
Def ppg all. - 13th

2019 O - 13th
2019 D - 12th

2020 O - 30th
2020 D - 14th

We won with Defense first. Like I said”

Under book, ND’s offense wasn’t #42 in ‘18. Like I said, their average on offense for the three years under book was around 22-23. It was the highest scoring output in a 3 year stretch in our history. But our defense was great, and we played to that strength w/ a ball control offense. Our offense wasn’t far behind though. To say we won because of the defense is stupid and lazy. Much like the rest of your analysis on the subject. Keep on trying, maybe you’ll be right one day about it. You were probably hoping so badly that he was taken in the 7th or not at all so you could rag on him for not hitting your once again wrong prediction of getting picked in the 6th. Your club keeps analyzing and keeps getting it wrong. Why should we listen to you again?

“Nobody has stated he wasn't a really good QB and teammate”

“Just because posters have called Ian an average QB does not make them haters.”

These are the types of statements (made by the same poster in the same thread mind you) that are befuddling. In one post, they call him “really good” and in the next, “average”. Lol. The BBC, what a sad bunch. Twisting and contorting points for three years.

“We won with Defense first. Like I said”

Who won the Clemson game? You know, the one that most of you said could never happen under book (beat a “big boy”). Offense or defense?

“Covid-19!”

Another charter member of the sad little petty BBC I see.

May be time to close this thread? The battle BTW team reality and team padded walls has been beaten to death can we agree to move on?

“Nobody has stated he wasn't a really good QB and teammate”

“Just because posters have called Ian an average QB does not make them haters.”

These are the types of statements (made by the same poster in the same thread mind you) that are befuddling. In one post, they call him “really good” and in the next, “average”. Lol. The BBC, what a sad bunch. Twisting and contorting points for three years.
I made one of those statments (the second one) but I did not make the first one. So your point is no longer relevant.

“Nd offense ppg 2018 - 42nd
Def ppg all. - 13th

2019 O - 13th
2019 D - 12th

2020 O - 30th
2020 D - 14th

We won with Defense first. Like I said”

Under book, ND’s offense wasn’t #42 in ‘18. Like I said, their average on offense for the three years under book was around 22-23. It was the highest scoring output in a 3 year stretch in our history. But our defense was great, and we played to that strength w/ a ball control offense. Our offense wasn’t far behind though. To say we won because of the defense is stupid and lazy. Much like the rest of your analysis on the subject. Keep on trying, maybe you’ll be right one day about it. You were probably hoping so badly that he was taken in the 7th or not at all so you could rag on him for not hitting your once again wrong prediction of getting picked in the 6th. Your club keeps analyzing and keeps getting it wrong. Why should we listen to you again?
Your just a clown show. Our defense has been the catalyst for our winning the last 4 years. Any one with half of a football IQ could see that. Second would be the offensive line

Sorry 9999, got that quote mixed up w/ another one of your club’s members’, my bad.

“Your just a clown show. Our defense has been the catalyst for our winning the last 4 years. Any one with half of a football IQ could see that. Second would be the offensive line”

That’s your opinion, golson. Much like the rest of your opinion on the subject, it’s wrong.

“Your just a clown show. Our defense has been the catalyst for our winning the last 4 years. Any one with half of a football IQ could see that. Second would be the offensive line”

That’s your opinion, golson. Much like the rest of your opinion on the subject, it’s wrong.
Its fact. The numbers bear that out

No numbers bear out that ND won because of their defense. That’s opinion. Get a grip

No. I've said about 100 times. About 15 to 20.

To add to those 2 off the top of my head, Sam Howell for sure.
Sam Howell is not better than Book.
No. I've said about 100 times. About 15 to 20.

To add to those 2 off the top of my head, Sam Howell for sure.
Sam is not better than Book. Put Sam on the 2020 ND team what game does ND win that they lost???

Put what QB on the 2020 ND team and what game do they win that NDlost?

So you are saying ND would be undefeated at home and have the most wins of any ND QB?

Sam looked terrible against ND. Just take that loss alone.

So if a player, say it be a QB, has a good game but makes a couple bad plays. No one can mention it? That seems quite odd to me.
Mention it all you want. That is not what I am saying. I am saying give credit where credit is due.

So you don't deal well with reality, others opinions or facts??. Have you ever considered if this board may not be for you? Maybe a sci-fi or alternative reality based board?
Facts:

ND NEVER lost a home game with Book at QB.

Book has the most wins of any ND QB ever.

Nope. Never said that. Not me !! Nice try though.

He had 3 OL drafted in the top 3 rounds. At TE, Tremble and Mayer. At Rb, Williams and Tyree. At Wr, Skowronek got drafted and Mckinley Udfa. He had tons of talent surrounding him
And those guys played with a heck of a QB

Sam Howell is not better than Book.

Sam is not better than Book. Put Sam on the 2020 ND team what game does ND win that they lost???

Put what QB on the 2020 ND team and what game do they win that NDlost?

So you are saying ND would be undefeated at home and have the most wins of any ND QB?

Sam looked terrible against ND. Just take that loss alone.
You're crazy if you dont think Sam is better than Book. His freshman season was better than any season Book had.

Sam is projected as a 1st rd pick as a junior next year.

Clueless

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Can't believe he lost the trophy to Lawrence! Rigged I tell ya!
I also can't believe my Patriots didn't trade up to take him #2 overall
WHY can’t you Name Book’s outstanding WR’s in 2020 ?

You're crazy if you dont think Sam is better than Book. His freshman season was better than any season Book had.

Sam is projected as a 1st rd pick as a junior next year.

Clueless
Would Sam be a first round pick in this years draft? Nope!

Next years QB pool will not be as deep as this one.

Again, Sam looked terrible against ND.

Would Sam be a first round pick in this years draft? Nope!

Next years QB pool will not be as deep as this one.

Again, Sam looked terrible against ND.
Who cares about one game. Did Book look good against Louisville where we put up 12 points?

Yeah I think Sam would've been drafted in the first round this year. He'll be top 15 next year as a junior

ADVERTISEMENT