ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Book haters out there....

savvyandsassier

All Star
Dec 16, 2013
Now that the draft is over and Ian Book definitely had the last laugh, I saw this on youtube and couldn't resist. Not trying to start a fight but the click-bait title of this video was just too awesome....

So here's looking at you, haters!

Reactions: Zorich 88
He is the true definition of a winner!!!

Never lost a home game

Most wins in ND history

His pro day also really helped him

Reactions: IrishMike409
Now that the draft is over and Ian Book definitely had the last laugh, I saw this on youtube and couldn't resist. Not trying to start a fight but the click-bait title of this video was just too awesome....

So here's looking at you, haters!

No one here hates Ian. Now many here don't like you very much. You intentionally start threads to stir the pot. Case in point this thread. So I will reiterate the last poster. Grow up!

No one here hates Ian. Now many here don't like you very much. You intentionally start threads to stir the pot. Case in point this thread. So I will reiterate the last poster. Grow up!
This board is for Notre Dame fans. It’s a place where we can debate and celebrate Notre Dane football.

If you or anyone has a problem with what Savvy or any other poster say’s, simply hit ignore or don’t reply. He didn’t call specific poster “ a Book Hater”. However, for the past three years many posters have stated how average or even how bad Book is. Now, the guy is signing an NFL contact!

Also, when Book had a bad game or ND lost, many from the Book “hater” club would call out the Book supporters. It’s a two way street. If you give it you better be able to take it.

Fair criticism of his weaknesses is far from " hating ". He was a fine QB for ND. Many here wanted to believe he was as talented or good as the top tier guys. He simply wasn't. The 4 starting QBs in the last playoff were drafted #1,11,15 and 133.

Fair criticism of his weaknesses is far from " hating ". He was a fine QB for ND. Many here wanted to believe he was as talented or good as the top tier guys. He simply wasn't. The 4 starting QBs in the last playoff were drafted #1,11,15 and 133.
NO ONE ever said Book was the best QB in college football, but when the NFL drafts you in the 4th round it says that you’re an exceptional college QB.

YOU were critical of Book almost constantly, despite him winning and winning and winning, becoming the winningest QB in ND history.

And now you have egg on your face and are doing your best to avoid eating crow !

So apparently none of the haters on this board at least feel flattered that there's 3rd-rate wanna-be professional pundits out there that also like to hate on Ian Book. They called his selection by the Saints in the 4th round the worst pick in the entire draft! Because that's some validation right there and should hearten you.

But all you ever get out the haters and their like is more whimpering and hyper-defensiveness about their honest and fair criticisms.... Boo hoo!

Key word is drafted. Many on this board did not believe he would even get drafted. The fact that he was drafted as early as the 4th round, has a lot of posters on this board surprised.

To me, the word “hating” is this:

Even when the guy has a good game, people do not give him the credit he is due.

Never lost a home game in three years! I don’t care who you are or where you play, that is awesome.

You only listed 4 QBs who represented 4 teams. Out of what, 120 D1 teams? Book played a major role in getting his team to the playoffs.

The 4 starting QBs in the last playoff were drafted #1,11,15 and 133.

And it is unlikely that all will succeed in the NFL. Personally I have doubts about Fields from this group; don't care for his decision-making. I certainly doubt Zach Wilson will have success as well.

NO ONE ever said Book was the best QB in college football, but when the NFL drafts you in the 4th round it says that you’re an exceptional college QB.

YOU were critical of Book almost constantly, despite him winning and winning and winning, becoming the winningest QB in ND history.

And now you have egg on your face and are doing your best to avoid eating crow !
Hardly. I have always said he was a fine college QB. Yes, I didn't think he would be drafted. It happens.

I never said anyone did. I guess I also have egg on my face about JOK. I would have bet big money he was going in the top 20.

So apparently none of the haters on this board at least feel flattered that there's 3rd-rate wanna-be professional pundits out there that also like to hate on Ian Book. They called his selection by the Saints in the 4th round the worst pick in the entire draft! Because that's some validation right there and should hearten you.

But all you ever get out the haters and their like is more whimpering and hyper-defensiveness about their honest and fair criticisms.... Boo hoo!
Like an immature 12 year old. Yikes.
You only listed 4 QBs who represented 4 teams. Out of what, 120 D1 teams? Book played a major role in getting his team to the playoffs.
Agreed. That said every full time scribe has said ND needs to be better at the QB position to reach the ultimate goal. Ian Book was good, just not good enough.
Key word is drafted. Many on this board did not believe he would even get drafted. The fact that he was drafted as early as the 4th round, has a lot of posters on this board surprised.

To me, the word “hating” is this:

Even when the guy has a good game, people do not give him the credit he is due.

Never lost a home game in three years! I don’t care who you are or where you play, that is awesome.
His team never lost a home game in 3 years. Yes, he had a part in that as did many others.

Like an immature 12 year old. Yikes.

Agreed. That said every full time scribe has said ND needs to be better at the QB position to reach the ultimate goal. Ian Book was good, just not good enough.

His team never lost a home game in 3 years. Yes, he had a part in that as did many others.
I disagree my friend. He was the one Constant in those three years.

Look at how many different WRs and TEs and RBs Book had.

In those three years he had how many different offensive teammates???

We saw WRs, TEs, RBs and Oline guys come and go. However, there was only 1 QB in that home win streak.

Ooooohhh! I told you I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I just figured you'd like to see some of the egghead pundits out there talk about what a busted draft pick Ian Book was. He pretty much parrots all the exact same reasons you would, so.... or more like you parrot them. And even I LOLed at it. It was funny to me!

In any case you know you're a pretty pathetic Book hater, and just sort of pathetic in general, when you actually cry like a bitch when Book's name is even brought up, because somehow all I'm doing is starting trouble and making the haters feel all self-conscious.... I mean god damn are you pathetic, I've never seen anything like it. Like you have to be shielded from anything about Ian Book that somehow might set you off. Good grief.....

But you're just a troll anyway, so who are we kidding? You live for this shit.

Facts don't matter to many on here

Its true Ian was a very good qb. It is also true that Ian was unable to up his game against the big boys. Both statements can be true.
IMHO, Ian's inability to stretch the field was the primary cause of ND'S loses.

Its true Ian was a very good qb. It is also true that Ian was unable to up his game against the big boys. Both statements can be true.
Defense vs Clemson??? That was Books fault??? Wide open Clemson WRs down field, that was Book’s fault???

Alabama??? Are you really saying ND lost to Bama because Book couldn’t stretch the field???

Mac Jones 4 TDs

Bama zero T.O.

Come on man, yes Book struggled but come on.

Defense vs Clemson??? That was Books fault??? Wide open Clemson WRs down field, that was Book’s fault???

Alabama??? Are you really saying ND lost to Bama because Book couldn’t stretch the field???

Mac Jones 4 TDs

Bama zero T.O.

Come on man, yes Book struggled but come on.
Yes with the exception being Bama as nobody was going to beat them. A better QB would have put a few more points on the board

The offense, or lack of, led to way too much time on the field for the defense. Teams loaded the box and shut down the run and short pass game

I disagree my friend. He was the one Constant in those three years.

Look at how many different WRs and TEs and RBs Book had.

In those three years he had how many different offensive teammates???

We saw WRs, TEs, RBs and Oline guys come and go. However, there was only 1 QB in that home win streak.
Having a top 15 defense in the country was the main constant. Not any singular player

“Facts don't matter to many on here”

& made up facts shouldn’t “matter to many on here”. And some of you have been spouting your opinions as facts for 3 years on the subject. You continue to be proven wrong and have just one fallback that you continue to pound into oblivion. And that is that ND didn’t beat any “big boys” w/ book, which is not true. To you bashers, all the wins were due to his surroundings, but the losses were all on him, which is patently false. In our losses, it was a collective team effort. As a matter of fact, the defense & book played well enough to win the Georgia game but the rest of the offense sans kmet didn’t come to play (pass pro was decent but zero running game). And in no big game losses did our o-line get any push in the running game (even when the box wasn’t loaded which is another made up go-to for you book bashers). And the losses certainly weren’t all on the players either, the playcalling was abysmal in general. Loads of key drops too. For those of you that say we win w/ a better qb, I say we win w/ better play around the qb and better play calling.

“Having a top 15 defense in the country was the main constant. Not any singular player”

ND had a top 25 scoring offense average during book’s stretch too. Wasn’t all defense. More made up BS from the BBC.

“Facts don't matter to many on here”

& made up facts shouldn’t “matter to many on here”. And some of you have been spouting your opinions as facts for 3 years on the subject. You continue to be proven wrong and have just one fallback that you continue to pound into oblivion. And that is that ND didn’t beat any “big boys” w/ book, which is not true. To you bashers, all the wins were due to his surroundings, but the losses were all on him, which is patently false. In our losses, it was a collective team effort. As a matter of fact, the defense & book played well enough to win the Georgia game but the rest of the offense sans kmet didn’t come to play (pass pro was decent but zero running game). And in no big game losses did our o-line get any push in the running game (even when the box wasn’t loaded which is another made up go-to for you book bashers). And the losses certainly weren’t all on the players either, the playcalling was abysmal in general. Loads of key drops too. For those of you that say we win w/ a better qb, I say we win w/ better play around the qb and better play calling.
Very happy for Book, and wish him all the best in the future. One never knows just how far he may go in the right system and with
the right support from his teammates. I was in the camp here that said he was a good Quarter Back , and would win a lot of games for ND. I also felt that he not the type of QB that could just dominate other teams. Like all ND fans, I still rooted for him and our team every game. Hopefully, he will become a top Pro QB ?

Reactions: jcswoopnh
“Having a top 15 defense in the country was the main constant. Not any singular player”

ND had a top 25 scoring offense average during book’s stretch too. Wasn’t all defense. More made up BS from the BBC.
I will say that among all the litany of crap you might hear about Book, I get annoyed at that. First of all, it's obvious nonsense, so there's that. And then I would say when you look at the stats, only for a short stretch in 2019 was the offense just a bit stymied I think. And that's what all the haters were predicting, that's once opposing coaches could figure Ian Book out they would totally shut him down.

But we were absolutely crushing everything in our path the back half of the '19 season. Ian Book really made a leap forward the last month of 2019, and of course was even better this past season resulting in him becoming a legit serious NFL prospect, which also to be fair, no one was really predicting for him. That's just how much he has kept developing....

So whatever else you want to say about him, it's a canard to try and say the defense carried the team. It's just not true at all.

Ooooohhh! I told you I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I just figured you'd like to see some of the egghead pundits out there talk about what a busted draft pick Ian Book was. He pretty much parrots all the exact same reasons you would, so.... or more like you parrot them. And even I LOLed at it. It was funny to me!

In any case you know you're a pretty pathetic Book hater, and just sort of pathetic in general, when you actually cry like a bitch when Book's name is even brought up, because somehow all I'm doing is starting trouble and making the haters feel all self-conscious.... I mean god damn are you pathetic, I've never seen anything like it. Like you have to be shielded from anything about Ian Book that somehow might set you off. Good grief.....

But you're just a troll anyway, so who are we kidding? You live for this shit.
What a whiny bi#tch. Seriously. You add nothing and call put other fans. Wtf is wrong with you?

Reactions: Golson5
Very happy for Book, and wish him all the best in the future. One never knows just how far he may go in the right system and with
the right support from his teammates. I was in the camp here that said he was a good Quarter Back , and would win a lot of games for ND. I also felt that he not the type of QB that could just dominate other teams. Like all ND fans, I still rooted for him and our team every game. Hopefully, he will become a top Pro QB ?
Well put Rgc!

Yes with the exception being Bama as nobody was going to beat them. A better QB would have put a few more points on the board
A better QB??? Which QB might that be??? I know you are not saying ND lost to Clemson because of Book? That is not the debate, correct?

You want Book to pass downfield?

Who exactly was he supposed to pass down field to? ND WR could not get separation downfield. At least not consistently.

Having a top 15 defense in the country was the main constant. Not any singular player
You just don’t wanna give Book any credit do you?

Outside of Lawrence and Jones, which QB that ND faced this season was better than Book?

So basically you are saying, because ND had a top 15 defense, any QB could have done what Book has done the past 3 seasons.

You may want to look at Book’s stats in the big games, and then correct your staement, Book’s stats were good with exception of the loss to Michigan in the monsoon

Nd offense ppg 2018 - 42nd
Def ppg all. - 13th

2019 O - 13th
2019 D - 12th

2020 O - 30th
2020 D - 14th

We won with Defense first. Like I said

Reactions: jcswoopnh
You just don’t wanna give Book any credit do you?

Outside of Lawrence and Jones, which QB that ND faced this season was better than Book?

So basically you are saying, because ND had a top 15 defense, any QB could have done what Book has done the past 3 seasons.
No. I've said about 100 times. About 15 to 20.

To add to those 2 off the top of my head, Sam Howell for sure.

The offense, or lack of, led to way too much time on the field for the defense. Teams loaded the box and shut down the run and short pass game

Then how did he become the winningest QB in ND histor ?

Name Book’s outstanding downfield WR on 2020 !

Then how did he become the winningest QB in ND histor ?

Name Book’s outstanding downfield WR on 2020 !
Can't believe he lost the trophy to Lawrence! Rigged I tell ya!
I also can't believe my Patriots didn't trade up to take him #2 overall

ADVERTISEMENT