ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Vangorder... Tonight

BVG needs to go now before recruits start jumping ship. There has got to be an ex-NFL def coord that wants a job.

BVG needs to go now before recruits start jumping ship. There has got to be an ex-NFL def coord that wants a job.
I just want a stickler for details of fundamentals. That alone would save us some points per game given up.

Our captain on D could call out a 4-3, 4-3 ready break...and if we played sound fundamentals...we'd be miles ahead of where we are now.

Hate to say it, but maybe Light is not the guy for us......

When ND had the chance with a 3rd and 2, MSU was basically tackling every receiver we have without a call. Watch the replay. The are holding Smythe, they are holding SB and they came up on a slant that was there and hit sanders early.

No call. Obviously the refs where going to let this one play out....on the same type of 3rd and 7 with the game on the line for us, I'm not really sure what that coverage was or was not.....Just go M-M and see what happens and play hard...they obviously were not going to flay us....

I'd guess its Lights out for Light soon.....Niles should have played last year, guy is a monster....Thought the Freshman did some nice things....

I just want a stickler for details of fundamentals. That alone would save us some points per game given up.

Our captain on D could call out a 4-3, 4-3 ready break...and if we played sound fundamentals...we'd be miles ahead of where we are now.
No 1. They can't tackle. The secondary s tackling is woeful. What good is an advanced scheme if you can't tackle. ND D under BVG has been exposed . The play calling on O and in game decisions by HC are ridiculous. It's a 2 headed monster . Removal is required bc there's no hope for change otherwise. It's yr 7 of this . Case closed..

There is not a lot of defense being played in college football these days. The Irish are no exception. In fact , they are absolutely horrible. No pass rush , no coverage and weak tackling. Hard to watch. Will it change ? I doubt it. BVG is in over his head.

There is not a lot of defense being played in college football these days. The Irish are no exception. In fact , they are absolutely horrible. No pass rush , no coverage and weak tackling. Hard to watch. Will it change ? I doubt it. BVG is in over his head.
Hey let's just pump the brakes. They just weren't in their right fits at times last night. No big deal. We've got it covered . Be sure to Tune in next week for another rendition of Kelly / Van Gorder show. Players just need to understand their assignments and do their job. Very inspiring stuff..

That is partly true but Offenses have gotten very opportunistic.

Teams going face paced, spread, qb, keep or not, zone reads...all of it promote scoring and really help the offense get an advantage.

The difference between the elites and us on defense ..because you did notice everyone gets a bunch of points hung on them at different times. Even Bama and Ohio st.

The big difference is they come up with those crucial key stops at times. Yep they get shredded too but we can't ever stop anyone when we have to.
Those teams do.

That is partly true but Offenses have gotten very opportunistic.

Teams going face paced, spread, qb, keep or not, zone reads...all of it promote scoring and really help the offense get an advantage.

The difference between the elites and us on defense ..because you did notice everyone gets a bunch of points hung on them at different times. Even Bama and Ohio st.

The big difference is they come up with those crucial key stops at times. Yep they get shredded too but we can't ever stop anyone when we have to.
Those teams do.

And we get shredded in the most obvious situtions like MSU's last third down last night. It was almost as if their receiver snuck onto the field from the sidelines.

And we get shredded in the most obvious situtions like MSU's last third down last night. It was almost as if their receiver snuck onto the field from the sidelines.
Very true...and the biggest thing is over the course of a game we offer absolutely no pass rush.

What if that Conner was hurried on that play.
What if Cole Luke hadn't regressed since high school since our coaching is ****ing garbage.

When we MUST get a stop we fail miserably.

Did you see our players after that play?

They looked disappointed but they also didn't look surprised. Matter of fact they didn't so overly angry and pissed either.

This is a reoccurring very telling theme with our team.

Our players don't expect to win the big game or the big situation.

Kizer is a winner and Brian Kelly is ruining that. He just the it factor and Kelly is doing his damnedest to strip that from him.

**** Brian Kelly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT