ADVERTISEMENT

Evans torn ACL

Tough break for the kid, feel for him. He’s been exceptional this year.
Really terrible news for Evans. He had a great season cut short. His pass catching was elite for his position, and he’s a damn good blocker. We will miss him, and we need Staes step up big time, which I think he is capable of doing as a receiver. Now would be a great time for Raridon to shine with full recovery from his torn ACL.

Evans had been a “dude” all season. Tough kid, and really came into his own.

Pulling for him to dominate rehab and come back stronger in 24. Should we plan on having him vs A&M?

Guy had hands as good as Mayer's. Shame that he got hit like that. I hope Rairdon can step up along with Staes. Holden is gonna be very good. He would've had another TD if Evans hadn't bumped defender because Staes had him beat anyway.

Pulling for him to dominate rehab and come back stronger in 24. Should we plan on having him vs A&M?
I sure wouldn’t count on it. Recovery is very individualized, both physical and mental. They’ve made incredible advances in the surgical repair and rehab routines for a torn ACL, and some players are game ready in nine months, and others take over a year. Don’t want a second tear, so being 100% is most important.

Reactions: IrishMike409

10 months allows Evans a really good shot to be 100%. Modern medicine and his age will certainly help.

Reactions: edub72
Too bad; he was having a great season. This is Raridon's chance to step up and get more PT.

We should be loaded at TE next year, if all three of them are healthy, as well as Flanagan, who had his first ever catch and TD Saturday.

10 months allows Evans a really good shot to be 100%. Modern medicine and his age will certainly help.
As long as it's just the ACL. I'd say he's back by August. Rising tore everything in his knee in the Rose Bowl. Hence why he's not back this year. That was January 1st. 9 months. Evans is Nov 1 surgery probably. So 9 months puts him at July. 10 puts him at Labor day weekend. I do not think it was a complete tear. Because he was able to put weight on it.

What was the score when Evans tore his ACL?
I believe the score was 37-0 at the time of his injury. It was in the third quarter and the last drive with all the starters in.

For what it's worth, in the past, many on this board have complained that ND didn't keep its foot on the gas long enough. Now it sounds like you are saying he should have been on the bench at that point in the game. ND's coaching staff can't win for losing.

I believe the score was 37-0 at the time of his injury. It was in the third quarter and the last drive with all the starters in.

For what it's worth, in the past, many on this board have complained that ND didn't keep its foot on the gas long enough. Now it sounds like you are saying he should have been on the bench at that point in the game. ND's coaching staff can't win for losing.
Nah. You throttle for 3 quarters. It's an unfortunate deal. But ND coaches were not in the wrong for keeping him in. Now if it was well into the fourth then I'd say it's on them.

Reactions: hvillebill
Nah. You throttle for 3 quarters. It's an unfortunate deal. But ND coaches were not in the wrong for keeping him in. Now if it was well into the fourth then I'd say it's on them.
That's pretty much how I feel. It was the last series before they started to substitute freely.

Reactions: Kelso86
That's fine, but I don't understand why Estime was still playing in the 4th. He scored the TD to go up 51-0. I thought it was a little odd he was still playing there.

Not to mention how many people here crapped on Mayer for sitting out a meaningless bowl game.

I can assure you ND's coaching staff could not possibly care less about what the psychotics on boards like this think. People here have serious, legitimate mental issues that they put on display daily. There's absolutely zero reason to take this place seriously. Total nut house.

• Haha
Reactions: HDK
That's fine, but I don't understand why Estime was still playing in the 4th. He scored the TD to go up 51-0. I thought it was a little odd he was still playing there.
All I can think of is stat padding for potential awards. Something we used to gripe about with BK but don’t love it.

Hopefully Eli will show us now why he was always considered the next great TE @ TEU

I sure wouldn’t count on it. Recovery is very individualized, both physical and mental. They’ve made incredible advances in the surgical repair and rehab routines for a torn ACL, and some players are game ready in nine months, and others take over a year. Don’t want a second tear, so being 100% is most important.
Thoughts on Staes, Raridon, and Flanagan?

How do you think the TE room looks next season?

Evans would potentially be a pre season AA, but now an obvious question mark.

Staes will continue to ascend.

Raridon- not sure. We just don’t know yet, with his injury history.

Flanagan should develop and get significant time next year.

A lot of talented bodies, but some real uncertainty too.

How do you think the TE room looks next season?

Evans would potentially be a pre season AA, but now an obvious question mark.

Staes will continue to ascend.

Raridon- not sure. We just don’t know yet, with his injury history.

Flanagan should develop and get significant time next year.

A lot of talented bodies, but some real uncertainty too.
I think it will be elite. If Evans only has an acl.

Evans - elite TE, would be one of the best in the country

Staes - already good but another year he could be elite

Raridon - maybe the most talented TE on roster. A full year post injury

Flanagan - very good blocker already, will continue to improve with reps

Its Notre Dame. TE U. I dont expect any drop off next year. I expect it to be better than this year. All guys with another year of development

Agree that we shouldn’t panic. Just sucks to lose such a great player right when he was coming into his own. It’s not like we don’t need him, too. Time for WRs to step up & raridon to show all of us how good he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT