ADVERTISEMENT

Elko and Tillerson

As the father of a disabled son, I think your reaction to Pennick mentioning Tillerson more than just inappropriate, but disingenuous character assasination using the disabled as your foil. Go ahead and criticize Pennick for the audacity of mentioning a Cabinet selection, but leave the disabled out of your silly pique.

As the father of a disabled son, I think your reaction to Pennick mentioning Tillerson more than just inappropriate, but disingenuous character assasination using the disabled as your foil. Go ahead and criticize Pennick for the audacity of mentioning a Cabinet selection, but leave the disabled out of your silly pique.
I have an autistic nephew so please get off your better than me pulpit. I just don't get why there continues to be references to politics on this board. Politics are divisive and 50% of people disagree with each other. Yet here we are all Irish fans (for the most part) and like to talk about the game of football. You're asking for attention talking politics.

I have an autistic nephew so please get off your better than me pulpit. I just don't get why there continues to be references to politics on this board. Politics are divisive and 50% of people disagree with each other. Yet here we are all Irish fans (for the most part) and like to talk about the game of football. You're asking for attention talking politics.
No "better than me" stated or implied. You're the one who brought an inappropriate reference to disabled kids into a pretty benign comment by Pennick. Agree that politics are better left out, and prefer we talk what we all have in common, our love for ND football. After all, that was the thrust of my comment. And to be clear, not suggesting that one has to have a disabled relative or close friend to take exception to your suggestion that Pennick laughs at disabled kids. Would like to think this is objectionable to everyone.

"Politics are divisive and 50% of people disagree with each other."

Hell -- Kelly and ND Football are just as divisive, yet, there are still many discussions on that topic (should he/should he not be at ND) as well. Hell on that topic, I do not think you can even get to 25% of an agreement on anything on this board!

I have had a speech problem since I was a kid and so I agree with you on this. nothing angers me more than people making fun of disabled people or using the word disabled the wrong way

I have had a speech problem since I was a kid and so I agree with you on this. nothing angers me more than people making fun of disabled people or using the word disabled the wrong way
I'm not sure where the comprehension problem lies here. My comment had nothing to do with people with disabilities and everything to do with the insensitivity of making ridiculous comments. It's straight forward people. I guess for those hung up on the fact I used the word 'disabled' means you have like-minded political thoughts. Great, good for you but just remember not everyone does. Oh yeah and THIS IS A FOOTBALL FORUM!

I'm not sure where the comprehension problem lies here. My comment had nothing to do with people with disabilities and everything to do with the insensitivity of making ridiculous comments. It's straight forward people. I guess for those hung up on the fact I used the word 'disabled' means you have like-minded political thoughts. Great, good for you but just remember not everyone does. Oh yeah and THIS IS A FOOTBALL FORUM!
You made the ridiculous comments and got bitch slapped.

Reactions: Bodizephax
You made the ridiculous comments and got bitch slapped.
Sure did tough guy. Bitched slapped on the Internet...wtf!!?!? Maybe you guys who want to talk politics here can meet in a bathroom stall somewhere with a secret pass phrase.

"Politics are divisive and 50% of people disagree with each other."

Hell -- Kelly and ND Football are just as divisive, yet, there are still many discussions on that topic (should he/should he not be at ND) as well. Hell on that topic, I do not think you can even get to 25% of an agreement on anything on this board!

Considering what Clinton and her thugs tried to pull in Michigan and no telling where else, I'd say it's more like 30% Democratic Thugs and 70% Republicans, Independents, and the true Democrats of Kennedy & Humphrey era. Clinton and the Obama thugs are an embarrassment to American, and that's the stinking truth!!!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Considering what Clinton and her thugs tried to pull in Michigan and no telling where else, I'd say it's more like 30% Democratic Thugs and 70% Republicans, Independents, and the true Democrats of Kennedy & Humphrey era. Clinton and the Obama thugs are an embarrassment to American, and that's the stinking truth!!!
Some of you people might be decent in real life but love to come off as Douche McDouchey on the forums. Congrats and here you go to enjoy yourself.
http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/56bcb8491a00002d00ab2770.jpeg

Quest...let's move on and talk ND football. The ignored part of the OP was the statement that Elko would be a great hire. I agree and I am pleasantly surprised that Kelly appears to be willing to go get the best that might be available, as opposed to the best within his circle of friends and associates. There is no question that Elko has shown significantly better results with less talent. Hope they offer and he accepts, and I hope our infamous due diligence doesn't rob us of any positive momentum his hire would generate. What say you?

Quest...let's move on and talk ND football. The ignored part of the OP was the statement that Elko would be a great hire. I agree and I am pleasantly surprised that Kelly appears to be willing to go get the best that might be available, as opposed to the best within his circle of friends and associates. There is no question that Elko has shown significantly better results with less talent. Hope they offer and he accepts, and I hope our infamous due diligence doesn't rob us of any positive momentum his hire would generate. What say you?
Much better...
I agree. I'd like to see someone not from the Kelly fraternity running the defense. The season can very well define coach Kelly's career. While he has been very successful at smaller schools, he will always be remembered for what he accomplished at Notre Dame. Back to back losing season or even .500 will wipe out the previous 6 seasons.

Reactions: Kelso86
First time I've ever agreed with you. Tillerson is a great choice.

A guy who opposes sanctions against Russia for invading Crimea. Tillerson is a lousy choice. Trump, Flynn, and Tillerson all working to make Russia great again.

A guy who opposes sanctions against Russia for invading Crimea. Tillerson is a lousy choice. Trump, Flynn, and Tillerson all working to make Russia great again.[/QUOTE
I will limit the political talk...just making a point that the complexities are far and wide...and no simple discussion on a football message board will amount to much....Trump took a phone call from the President of Taiwan...an unprecedented move since the "One China" policy has been supported by both parties power for over thirty years. This guy not only thinks outside the box...he lives outside the box too. His cabinet isn't even installed yet....no decisions have been made nor agreements signed nor repealed.....We have a general idea about where he wants to take the country.....but nothing has been done.

Who thought Mitt Romney and Leo Di Caprio would show up at Trump Tower? Trump is the new deal...Personally, I think building a constructive yet selective relationship with Russia is wise....I think thats where Trump is headed...so I have no angst about Russia.

A guy who opposes sanctions against Russia for invading Crimea. Tillerson is a lousy choice. Trump, Flynn, and Tillerson all working to make Russia great again.
News flash - Crimea was part of Russia before USA was a Country!

Quest...let's move on and talk ND football.
I am also in favor of letting statements go if they really weren't meant in a wrong way and just talk sports in general. it is the holiday season and we all need to try and get along while talking irish sports or sports in general

put a sock in it you idiot!

Reactions: BGI User 1596
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT