ADVERTISEMENT

Elko to Texas A&M

ND only has 3 QB’s on the roster. 4 is a healthy minimum in my opinion. I’d think ND would make room for a guy with his experience.
But would Leonard want to leave a guaranteed starting job for battling with 3 others for the job? And I'm not sure he'd win it, either - his passing is actually mediocre. He had 3 TD passes and 3 INTs this year, in 7 games.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
But would Leonard want to leave a guaranteed starting job for battling with 3 others for the job? And I'm not sure he'd win it, either - his passing is actually mediocre. He had 3 TD passes and 3 INTs this year, in 7 games.
What about 2022 when he was one of the catalysts for dukes turnaround. Stats aren’t telling the whole story for Leonard this year.

Kid probably shouldn’t have played at FSU or Louisville. He’s a god damn warrior.

Dukes offense completely fell apart when he got knocked out @ Florida state. They might of pulled that game out

Reactions: francade
Whats everyone’s thoughts on bringing in a 5th year QB, and essentially promising him the job, without promising him the job?

Seems like starting over from scratch every year. The best QBs this year, Nix, Pennix Jr and J Damiels were all staters last year. And came back much better.

Not so much for Caleb Williams, but that might have been more off the field, attitude related.

He has 24 tds to 10ints in his career with 19 rushing tds.

You have to take into account the talent around him

He has the prototype size we havent had in a while 6' 4" and athletic.

Id definitely give him a strong look of he was interested

Reactions: BGI User 756
Whats everyone’s thoughts on bringing in a 5th year QB, and essentially promising him the job, without promising him the job?

Seems like starting over from scratch every year. The best QBs this year, Nix, Pennix Jr and J Damiels were all staters last year. And came back much better.

Not so much for Caleb Williams, but that might have been more off the field, attitude related.
If the staff feels like they have a legit starter on the roster next year, take a transfer as a depth/mentor guy

If the staff feels they don't have a starter for next year, they have to take a starter type in the portal

Only the staff knows the answer to that

Reactions: IrishMike409
He has 24 tds to 10ints in his career with 19 rushing tds.

You have to take into account the talent around him

He has the prototype size we havent had in a while 6' 4" and athletic.

Id definitely give him a strong look of he was interested
I suppose he had better numbers last year. But not sure he'd even want to come. You'd think he'd rather follow his coach to TX A&M, if he transferred anywhere. I guess we'll see.

I suppose he had better numbers last year. But not sure he'd even want to come. You'd think he'd rather follow his coach to TX A&M, if he transferred anywhere. I guess we'll see.
They have a good young QB

Do we really want him?
I watched a lot of college football and I will say that Duke is a different team when Riley was not playing. Elko inherited a train wreck and turned in just a few years.

Elko is getting 7 million a year plus another 5 million in incentives, plus 11 million in money for assistant coaches
Get this technically A&M is on the hook for 75 million for firing Jimbo for not doing his job, but I highly doubt if that will be the case.
This is getting out of hand with coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT