ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Pyne to The Portal

Then you should have posted exactly what Marcus Freeman was going to do regarding Drew Pyne weeks ago.
I did it's not hard to find!! MF knows exactly what needs to be done!!!

Lol blindsided

They are actively pursuing a transfer QB
Doesn't mean they couldn't have been blindsided. They could have figured Pyne would be willing return to the bench.

Reactions: mbd11
Doesn't mean they couldn't have been blindsided. They could have figured Pyne would be willing return to the bench.
I think they knew a transfer or 2 were coming at the QB position. No way can you have 6 QBs on the roster

I think they knew a transfer or 2 were coming at the QB position. No way can you have 6 QBs on the roster
Of course they did and there isn't a chance in hell that DP decision wasn't based on communication about the future of the QB room!

Reactions: Golson5
Not a big surprise and maybe related to honest feedback from coaches that the job is wide open next year … but why not lead the team in a bowl game. These bowl games really are becoming preseason games for next years team rather than post season games for this years team which I guess is ok. Angelli is QB1? Powlus QB2? I would assume TB won’t be able to play.
It’s in his interest to be enrolled in another school this January in order to benefit from their Spring practices.

Reactions: echowaker
Staff was supposedly completely blind sided by pyne going to the portal at this time

Have they not been talking to pyne the last week?

Very weird
Would not surprise me. The story will eventually leak out.

Oh I'll bet ND does know. One of those wink wink deals. They wouldn't have told Pyne they were bringing in someone else otherwise
They are bringing in someone whether they know who that is or not

They may know who it is in just saying they are taking someone regardless

Of course they did and there isn't a chance in hell that DP decision wasn't based on communication about the future of the QB room!
We’re all putting out educated guesses at this point. Myself as well. The fact is ND is actively looking at a transfer QB, and this is widely known. They also recently secured a commit from Minchey, a QB with good enough skills to compete for starting as a freshman. If I’m Pyne, I look at the anticipated QB for 23, and realistically see myself as the #2, or more likely #3. I think it makes all the sense in the world for him to transfer and enroll early so he can participate in their Spring practices. I like to think that Rees had a candid conversation with him regarding our looking at a transfer QB, but he could have arrived at his decision absent this.

Reactions: mrwigglesby21
We’re all putting out educated guesses at this point. Myself as well. The fact is ND is actively looking at a transfer QB, and this is widely known. They also recently secured a commit from Minchey, a QB with good enough skills to compete for starting as a freshman. If I’m Pyne, I look at the anticipated QB for 23, and realistically see myself as the #2, or more likely #3. I think it makes all the sense in the world for him to transfer and enroll early so he can participate in their Spring practices. I like to think that Rees had a candid conversation with him regarding our looking at a transfer QB, but he could have arrived at his decision absent this.
Minchey is not starting, or even seriously competing at QB, as a true freshman. No chance, unless there are a glut of injuries. 2024? Quite possibly.

Reactions: Pennick4
Minchey is not starting, or even seriously competing at QB, as a true freshman. No chance, unless there are a glut of injuries. 2024? Quite possibly.
Speaking in definites like that makes you sound like Golson. Nothing is certain.

What’s not true, that’s what the reports are saying
What reports? If you think ND was caught off guard by DP entering the portal then I don't know what to tell you. Not a chance in hell that is true, now the powers that be may act surprised but, unless I'm really wrong about MF he knows exactly how these dominoes are going to fall and what pieces he needs next to complete this NC puzzle! This is the first step, if DP leaving bothers anyone then you as a football fan have no idea what a NC QB looks like cause he doesn't look or play like DP!! And SJB save your Stetson reply cause IDGAF ND doesn't have 25 5 stars surrounding their QB!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: edub72
If we don’t succeed in getting a quality QB transfer, I sure as hell think he competes. That said, I think we do get a quality transfer that will most likely be our starter next year.

Reactions: Golson5
DP was informed that ND was going to be pursuing a QB thru the portal end of conversation! MF is doing exactly what needs to be done!!

Damn, not card??? I would love to get him as I think he’d beat out Buchner. So Buchner must gonna be a full go for bowl??
"So Buchner must gonna be a full go for bowl??"

Probably a combination of Buchner and Angeli

Staff was supposedly completely blind sided by pyne going to the portal at this time

Very weird
"Staff was supposedly completely blind sided by pyne going to the portal at this time

Very weird"

You should think more and post less -- you really have no idea of what you post about.

Portal guy and he'll probably be behind Buchner too
If Freeman and Rees rely on Buchner, they are crazy. Get a real QB from the portal and take the offense to a new level.

Buchner has only played one full season of football in, what, the last 4-5 years?

Reactions: HarlemIrish
That's certainly not what I've heard. I heard they were upfront and honest about the QB room going forward.
Of course they communicated the path moving forward to DP, he just wasn't on it! People just making shit up to suit their narrative cause the great DP has left the building...DP and ND are both on the same page, no one is surprised by this...I called this before the season ever started. Again MF and ND are now taking the necessary steps moving the program in the direction of a NC!

"So Buchner must gonna be a full go for bowl??"

Probably a combination of Buchner and Angeli
Agree that we’re likely to see both. Actually, very good opportunity to see where both are at this point. I’m anxious to see Angeli actually take snaps and compete at this level, and anxious to see if a rusty Buchner is a better passer than we saw in his six quarters of play.

Bowls that arent part of the playoff are more about the extra practices for the following year than capping off this year.
Exactly. If you don't make the playoff the rest are consolation games. With the playoff expansion the remainder of the bowls will become even more irrelevant. Funny how some marketing person at ABC/ESPN can put a catchy name on a bunch of non playoff bowl games and somehow those games now have some artificial significance with some folks. As if any legitimate program sets a " NY6" bowl game as their goal for the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT