ADVERTISEMENT

Does Book

Izo

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 1, 2008
Have another year of eligibility? I hope not .Time to move on after this year . Wondering if we have a more dynamic quarterback waiting in the wings or are we in on any top tier high school qbs?

Not sure book is the issue. At the game, yea, he missed 2 wide open receivers but most of the time his receivers could not get separation.

We have little skill positions at RB and receivers. Even Chase was rarely open.

We really miss Dex and Boykin.

Reactions: Kelso86
ND appears to be well set up at the QB position for the duration of Kelly’s contract.

Another thought from being at the game, the line is really missing blocks. There are way to many people in the backfield completely untouched. Not sure with the idiotic NBC camera angles if you guys could see it but people where coming in as lineman watched them streak by. Thought the line would be a strength. Not the case yet. Did notice several times Lobo’s linemen where continuing blocks
Way down field.

Reactions: shooter1977
At least with the early commits for 2020 , we will be getting the #1 running backin the country ,chris Tyree ,the # 4 ranked wide receiver .Jordan Johnson , and the # 2 ranked tight end. , Michae Mayer .In addition some really good offensive linemen . This will be a huge upgrade to our offensive skill positions

Have another year of eligibility? I hope not .Time to move on after this year . Wondering if we have a more dynamic quarterback waiting in the wings or are we in on any top tier high school qbs?

"Wondering if we have a more dynamic quarterback waiting in the wings"

Ian Book
2 29 47 61.7 553 11.8 276.5 6 0 65 4 7 202.7

Please define what you mean by "dynamic". Overall, he had a solid day yesterday... I think ND is set at the QB position for the next few years

Reactions: iwish
Not sure book is the issue. At the game, yea, he missed 2 wide open receivers but most of the time his receivers could not get separation.

We have little skill positions at RB and receivers. Even Chase was rarely open.

We really miss Dex and Boykin.
Other than your RBs comment this is absolutely false. We had WRs open downfield all game. Book even threw deep to an open chase a few times but missed him badly. They packed it in vs us that’s why the jet sweep resulted in home runs, every defender was at LOS.

Definitely times third and long we were covered up, but early down throws were there all game.

Book is serviceable ,that is about it. Last year ,we beat teams that we were better than and there were a lot of games that we blew out teams ,but then we had a few close calls in Ball State ,Vanderbilt , even Southern Cal

Does Book have another of eligibility ? Have not gotten an answer ,yet?

Book is serviceable ,that is about it. Last year ,we beat teams that we were better than and there were a lot of games that we blew out teams ,but then we had a few close calls in Ball State ,Vanderbilt , even Southern Cal

Did you even look for the answer? Shows him as a jr eligibility wise.

Move onto who?

An unproven QB that has never started a college game?

Move onto a QB that could not beat Book out the past two seasons?

Notre Dame is 12-1 with Book at QB. The only loss was to a team that went onto dismantle Alabama and win the championship.

Sure, let’s get rid of that guy.

Reactions: Irish Grandeur

Yes

Have not gotten an answer yet? LOOK IT UP YOURSELF THEN.

Not sure why you wouldn't want a kid -- he's what, 10-1 as a starter -- who would be returning for his third season (experience!) at QB. That hasn't happened at ND since Quinn and Clausen. Our whole O-line could return as well as a ton of emerging playmakers (McKinley, Lenzy, Austin) and 5* talent at RB and receiver. He tossed some dimes yesterday -- downfield and with the defense right in his face...

Yes, he does! And Book didn't start vs. Ball State and Vanderbilt, Wimbush did! That is why Brandon was benched in favor of Book who took us to the dance.

Do you watch ND football?

I want book back next year 100% despite my criticism. I don’t think our other QBs are ready. I do hope they get more PT this year in case book moves on.

Are you a total moron ?

If you’d look at the roster you’d know the answer to the first half of your “wondering” question.

Notre Dame is 12-1 with Book at QB. The only loss was to a team that went onto dismantle Alabama and win the championship.

Sure, let’s get rid of that guy.

Zorich,

It’s unbelievable, you can’t make this stuff up.

Where do these morons come from ?

Reactions: Zorich 88
Did you not watch the game?

Reactions: Kelso86
Other than your RBs comment this is absolutely false. We had WRs open downfield all game. Book even threw deep to an open chase a few times but missed him badly. They packed it in vs us that’s why the jet sweep resulted in home runs, every defender was at LOS.

Definitely times third and long we were covered up, but early down throws were there all game.

You must have seen something both Flutie, Terico and I missed. Go to 1:50 on Q1. His comment “you pointed this out last week, not a lot of separation been gotten by the ND receivers.”

It’s just not there. We can’t beat people off the line. Do we get one or two against the lobo’s, sure. But we should be seeing people much more open the last two games. These are not top CB’s and safety’s yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT