ADVERTISEMENT

I think Freeman should try to poach

Dec 29, 2005
OSU QBs going forward. OSU has done a phenomenal job recruiting the position but have had several transfers because, well, only one guy can play the position

I’ve seen both McCord and Brown this year in warm ups and mop up and both look spectacular. I know that’s not the same as being a starter but my buddy and I watched their pregame warmups three times this season. If you didn’t know who the starter was, you’d have thought it was McCord. He threw the ball beautifully IMO.

Brown looked great as well but his timing on some of the routes wasn’t as crisp.

Either guy will have 3 or more years of eligibility and won’t sit the bench hoping to get one season to prove themselves, those days are over.

Freeman knows OSU well, why not go after a QB that will have a high probability of entering the portal. It would also be good timing as most of the top teams will be starting new guys with minimum of three years of eligibility.

I know Brown was very close to picking UT but with Ewers starting and Manning signed, it seems improbable he’d transfer there. McCord had said in the past he never really considered another program other than OSU because of their success at developing QBs. Said his family are huge PSU fans so he gave them a look but never considered them.

It just seems to me that trying to poach 5 star QBs from a program that’s only 3 hours away might be beneficial.

OSU QBs going forward. OSU has done a phenomenal job recruiting the position but have had several transfers because, well, only one guy can play the position

I’ve seen both McCord and Brown this year in warm ups and mop up and both look spectacular. I know that’s not the same as being a starter but my buddy and I watched their pregame warmups three times this season. If you didn’t know who the starter was, you’d have thought it was McCord. He threw the ball beautifully IMO.

Brown looked great as well but his timing on some of the routes wasn’t as crisp.

Either guy will have 3 or more years of eligibility and won’t sit the bench hoping to get one season to prove themselves, those days are over.

Freeman knows OSU well, why not go after a QB that will have a high probability of entering the portal. It would also be good timing as most of the top teams will be starting new guys with minimum of three years of eligibility.

I know Brown was very close to picking UT but with Ewers starting and Manning signed, it seems improbable he’d transfer there. McCord had said in the past he never really considered another program other than OSU because of their success at developing QBs. Said his family are huge PSU fans so he gave them a look but never considered them.

It just seems to me that trying to poach 5 star QBs from a program that’s only 3 hours away might be beneficial.
It's hard for us to bring in non graduate transfers. And if they're coming from a school like OSU, good luck

Our policy for bringing in transfers is going to be difficult unless changes are made

It's hard for us to bring in non graduate transfers. And if they're coming from a school like OSU, good luck

Our policy for bringing in transfers is going to be difficult unless changes are made
I forgot about that but I’d argue the QB position should be easier as most of those kids are typically better students and many are quite intelligent.

Reactions: Airzee23

My question regarding the portal is for every player we get from the portal, we have to make room in the 85 by having someone leave. I get this is the game in 2022, but it feels unethical to force a player to transfer to make room for a better guy. I also understand that we have players transfer too. Commitments mean nothing today.

Reactions: Ndapolis1
My question regarding the portal is for every player we get from the portal, we have to make room in the 85 by having someone leave. I get this is the game in 2022, but it feels unethical to force a player to transfer to make room for a better guy. I also understand that we have players transfer too. Commitments mean nothing today.
We have guys who are going to transfer, some go on medical scholarships, and some go on academic

This is the best way to do it

Reactions: Kelso86
poaching is passe! everyone is a free agent semi pro now!

ADVERTISEMENT