ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Knight

If we hold on to DK, will he be a contender to start as a true frosh? Take the offense in a new direction, or rather the same direction it's going now with RL?
When it comes to signing QB prospects at the high P4 level, just finding a guy who can take 1st team snaps and not kill your team is a challenge in and of itself. The more bodies you bring in, the better chance you have of finding a guy to achieve that goal. The rarer the quality of the prospect, the higher the potential upside.

So bringing in DK (back end 5 star QB prospect) would greatly increase the programs odds of hitting on one of their prospects but its far from any kind of guarantee.

If we hold on to DK, will he be a contender to start as a true frosh? Take the offense in a new direction, or rather the same direction it's going now with RL?
I can't see him coming in as a true frosh, and starting. He's pretty raw, as is.

We'll be deep with Angeli, Carr, and Minchey. 1 May transfer, which mean DK is the #3 guy.

Reactions: Golson5
I can't see him coming in as a true frosh, and starting. He's pretty raw, as is.

We'll be deep with Angeli, Carr, and Minchey. 1 May transfer, which mean DK is the #3 guy.
I don't know if that's going to work. We might as well not even sign him. Not saying he should or shouldn't start, but he's not going to hang around for however many years it takes to take the reins. I mean I hope we do sign him, but if you ponder the matter, I don't see it working out unless he's on the field pretty quick. And to be fair, he could be special. Deluxe dual threat guy. Anyway, just wondering...

We'll be deep, but depth isnt the issue on this roster, whats missing is upside. Not too worried about losing DK from a position-scarcity standpoint, but rather from an upside-scarcity standpoint

I don't know if that's going to work. We might as well not even sign him. Not saying he should or shouldn't start, but he's not going to hang around for however many years it takes to take the reins. I mean I hope we do sign him, but if you ponder the matter, I don't see it working out unless he's on the field pretty quick. And to be fair, he could be special. Deluxe dual threat guy. Anyway, just wondering...
I hear you. Makes sense.

If it were me making the call (and I'm nothing more than a subway alum/fan), I'd bet on CJ Carr before I bet on Deuce.

If CJ earns the job, then go with him. It would be Deuce's turn next. If he leaves, he leaves.

Reactions: john0gaunt
I hear you. Makes sense.

If it were me making the call (and I'm nothing more than a subway alum/fan), I'd bet on CJ Carr before I bet on Deuce.

If CJ earns the job, then go with him. It would be Deuce's turn next. If he leaves, he leaves.
Of course you'll bet on CJ Carr, he's actually on campus/signed, while DK is crystal-balled to Auburn as of 9-30-24

Would you play DK over Carr?
DK is evaluated as the rarer prospect (5 star) to CJ Carr's 4 star so if you are asking me which prospect I'd rather have, its DK for sure. But those prospect rankings mean nothing once the guys get on campus and start getting reps and being evaluated by the coaching staff, so I dont really have an opinion on which one I'd play over the other until I start getting credible feedback on the quality of their reps at this level.

Reactions: IrishMike409
We are no longer talking about Angeli, Minchey or Carr?
I don't know, I was just thinking aloud. And since it doesn't look like we're going to switch, and we're going to stick with a running QB, with a genuine dual threat, notwithstanding his poor passing, and we're bringing in this super ballyhooed dual threat five-star type guy, maybe we just stick with that. Everybody wants CJ Carr, who will leapfrog the older guys, and will only be a RS frosh himself, why not just go with someone like this?

I think Carr has it and don't care if Knight comes because Carr is starting atleast the next 3 years.
There's a realistic chance that CJ Carr does not start in 2025.

No one knows for certain who will start next season.

One thing's for sure, we've got a good OC for his game. That's pretty much all Denbrock has dealt with and coached the last five/six seasons. If you can plausibly pitch to a guy that I can turn you into the next Jayden Daniels, and Denbrock definitely can that, that's gotta be something very good. So I'm definitely hoping he sticks. He's not another Jayden Daniels, of course. Nobody is, nobody runs like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT