ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo Swinney to ND?

Jul 28, 2006
First off, I fully support Coach Kelly. That being said, the administration generally doesn't take the advice of the fans. Should the decision be made to make a change, what is your opinion of Clemson's Dabo Swinney? Would he consider the job? Would he fit the program?

First off, I fully support Coach Kelly. That being said, the administration generally doesn't take the advice of the fans. Should the decision be made to make a change, what is your opinion of Clemson's Dabo Swinney? Would he consider the job? Would he fit the program?

Hell no

As long as he doesn't drop the ball at Clemson in the interim, Dabo knows where he's headed next. And northern Indiana it is not.

If and when Kelly leaves, there is excellent young coach by the name of Tom Herman.

Houston will match any offer USC comes up with plus some. The question is this. Take a chance to coach at one of the storied programs in college football or stay in your comfort zone , earning big bucks, at Houston. If Tom decides against coaching at one of the most storied programs of all time, he then can choose between USC or stay at Houston.

Huh! Meyer , Saban ,Sweeney are great coaches ,but could they overcome ND entrance requirements. Maybe Saban and Meyer would have been able to recruit and perhaps sway top qualified athletes like a Ben Davis(Alabama) ,Caleb Kelly(Oklahoma ) and others toward ND .There are 5- star difference makers( not all,but more than some ) that commit to state universities that would gain entrance to ND .

No way Sweeney leaves the South.but Saban in a few years may want a challenge ? Imagine . Is there a coach out there that could bring ND all the way back?

I see Saban coaching Bama for another 10 years. At this point I really don't see any obvious candidate. My hope is that Kelly starts winning the big games and wins a championship but he's been given plenty of time with little results.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I see Saban coaching Bama for another 10 years. At this point I really don't see any obvious candidate. My hope is that Kelly starts winning the big games and wins a championship but he's been given plenty of time with little results.

Doubtful. Saban is almost 65 years old.

What drugs did you take today to make you post such an idiotic question?

Punctuation Rules in English
  • the period (or full stop in British English)
  • >A certain time of month for a lady.
  • the comma
  • >Limp?
  • the exclamation mark.
  • >don't pull out.
  • the question mark.
  • >If she is hot there should be none!
  • the colon
  • >It starts there if you don't want to rip one!
  • the semicolon.
  • >Same as above!
  • the quotation mark.
  • >Stud.
  • the apostrophe.
  • >She is pregnant.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Punctuation Rules in English
  • the period (or full stop in British English)
  • the comma.
  • the exclamation mark.
  • the question mark.
  • the colon.
  • the semicolon.
  • the quotation mark.
  • the apostrophe.
Geez Bodies

It's a freaking message board.

I am obviously getting under your skin

Reactions: NDAyers
Geez Bodies

It's a freaking message board.

I am obviously getting under your skin
giphy.gif

Reactions: theskibro
Well if Saban is 65,Meyer is not going anywhere, Sweeney will stay in the South ,and I honestly don't know if Tom Herman would leave Houston when it joins the Big 12 (Texas, Oklahoma , Baylor ,TCU,Texas Tech,etc) . Other post is right ,Houston would probably pay Herman enough to make him one of the highest paid coaches rivaling Meyer, Saban,etc

Reactions: Bodizephax
Check this out -- an answer to the original question!

I like Dabo, but I think he'd only leave Clemson for Alabama.

He might be an OK fit, but I'd be luke warm to the possibility.

Alabama is obviously a great job, but why would Dabo leave Clemson for any college job? Clemson supports their team as well as anybody. I've never been there, but I here it is beautiful. He can win a NC at Clemson and maybe easier than 'Bama. The ACC is easier than the SEC.

Alabama is obviously a great job, but why would Dabo leave Clemson for any college job? Clemson supports their team as well as anybody. I've never been there, but I here it is beautiful. He can win a NC at Clemson and maybe easier than 'Bama. The ACC is easier than the SEC.

Uh, because he is a Bama alum.

Reactions: Kelso86
Never will happen. Clemson is becoming another FSU. As far as Houston coach no ND will never hire another great coach. At least not until enough ND fans say enough and there are empty seats or a new president and AD are hired

Huh! Meyer , Saban ,Sweeney are great coaches ,but could they overcome ND entrance requirements. Maybe Saban and Meyer would have been able to recruit and perhaps sway top qualified athletes like a Ben Davis(Alabama) ,Caleb Kelly(Oklahoma ) and others toward ND .There are 5- star difference makers( not all,but more than some ) that commit to state universities that would gain entrance to ND .

No way Sweeney leaves the South.but Saban in a few years may want a challenge ? Imagine . Is there a coach out there that could bring ND all the way back?
Yep. ..recruit just as hard as Kelly...plus some...

Then win some odd defying games and no matter who you play always in the game contending to the end.

Oh and a coach who doesn't call timeouts to punt, goes every sets on first and goal from the six...hires a coach based on ability over being a ****ing BFF

Notre Dame in all reality is not far from the top.

BTW...I'm sick of the admissions excuses. Stanford has no ****ing problem with it. Other schools have high standards too that nobody talks about. It's like people have resorted to this shit to excuse the ****ing mediocrity of our program.

And BTW...it's not like ND and Stanford are the only ones tough....you act like every other school is so easy to get into and no other is like us. GTFO....
It can be done. Win some games and it'll start recruiting by itself too.

It seems like Wisconsin competes hard every year with far less talent than ND, Stanford, or Mich. St. They develop talent who are really underated. JJ Watt was a 6'6" 210 lb 2 star recruit when signed by Wiscy. ND needs their strength and conditioning coach, cause ND's players look slow and fat especially along the defensive linee and offensive line. Hire LSU' s defensive coordinator once Les Miles is finally given the ax. Get someone off the Barry Alvarez coaching tree to bring some toughness back to ND. The last time ND won a National Championship Coach Alvarez was the DC. The offense can produce the points, but the defense has to many talented players to play with this lack of awareness and toughness.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT