ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations on your victory over Illinois!

shakes3858

Irish Insider
Aug 28, 2009
Great Job in the Big Ten ACC challenge. Looks like both our teams got wins over the Illini this week.

Do you need friends? Whats your address? I will send you a gift basket that comes with a hug just so you can feel loved.

Do you need friends? Whats your address? I will send you a gift basket that comes with a hug just so you can feel loved.
Please donate whatever money you'd spend on the gift basket and split it between Northwestern and Notre Dame's athletic departments. Thanks.

Please try to be nice to others. You know Gay's are respected on this board so be polite..

Speaking of Illinois. What the heck was the two year offer that was given Bill Cubit? Talk about pressure. What assistant of his won't be looking for a new position somewhere else? And, what qualified assistant would come to Illinois knowing the plug can be pulled after two years? And, if all that isn't bad enough, what upper level recruit would trust anything going on with that football program right now? IMHO, a two year pact doesn't exactly wreak of stability. I think the whole campus is run by interim people of position. It sounds like the football program is on hold until the other top positions have been permanently filled.

Speaking of Illinois. What the heck was the two year offer that was given Bill Cubit? Talk about pressure. What assistant of his won't be looking for a new position somewhere else? And, what qualified assistant would come to Illinois knowing the plug can be pulled after two years? And, if all that isn't bad enough, what upper level recruit would trust anything going on with that football program right now? IMHO, a two year pact doesn't exactly wreak of stability. I think the whole campus is run by interim people of position. It sounds like the football program is on hold until the other top positions have been permanently filled.
I think that Illinois knew that there were a lot better programs out there that are looking for coaches (USC, Georgia, rumored at the time LSU, VaTech, Missouri, South Carolina, Miami, Maryland...). They didn't want to give a long term deal to their 5th pick. Instead they offered a 2 year deal to Cubit. If he does poorly this year and there is a good coach out there and not as many job openings, you can fire Cubit with what I imagine is a small buyout and scoop up the coach you want. If not, you have to make a long term higher after year 2. Only issue is if Cubit does well enough but not really (6-6 and then a bowl loss followed by 7-5), and you can't not give him a deal, but you also know you really don't want to.

Other thing is Illinois fired their AD too. The interim AD essentially bunted and is going to allow the new AD to try to drive in the run with the actual hire.

Probably because I'm doing the same thing as you... Watching the games and reading stuff on message boards.

No, you're not doing the same thing as me. I'm not obsessed with other teams, so I don't go to the message boards of other teams. You also said you weren't going to post here until next week. So, I'll just chalk it up to yet another one of your lies.

No, you're not doing the same thing as me. I'm not obsessed with other teams, so I don't go to the message boards of other teams. You also said you weren't going to post here until next week. So, I'll just chalk it up to yet another one of your lies.

K. Just like I lied about Temple losing and USC losing and Iowa being pretty good

K. Just like I lied about Temple losing and USC losing and Iowa being pretty good

Temple losing to Houston and southern cal losing to Stanford were predictions, not lies. Not to mention that I wanted and predicted Stanford to beat southern cal, too. I doubted Temple would beat Houston since it was a home game for Houston. As for Iowa-Michigan State, neither team is impressive.

No, you lied when you denied insulting other posters when in fact you called other posters the equivalent of "retard." And like how you lied about not flaming on this board. In fact, your thread was deleted because it was clear that it was just an attempt to flame.

Guess what---you're still ranked behind ND. Cry some more, cry baby.

Temple losing to Houston and southern cal losing to Stanford were predictions, not lies. Not to mention that I wanted and predicted Stanford to beat southern cal, too. I doubted Temple would beat Houston since it was a home game for Houston. As for Iowa-Michigan State, neither team is impressive.

No, you lied when you denied insulting other posters when in fact you called other posters the equivalent of "retard." And like how you lied about not flaming on this board. In fact, your thread was deleted because it was clear that it was just an attempt to flame.

Guess what---you're still ranked behind ND. Cry some more, cry baby.
Yeah Hansel is a name dude. But hey, cool beans Olaf

I'm hoping the committee has read my posts and learned some common sense

I will derive great delight tonight knowing that when you go to sleep, your pillow will be soaked with your tears because you're still ranked behind ND. Keep crying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT