ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Irish

beachcardinal

All Star
Jan 30, 2006
But why did you have to make us look good? We didn't lose to BYU because they are good. We lost because its a formula. Drop 8, keep your safeties deep, use the edge and the undisciplined pass rush for QB runs. When Stepp is in, it is a run.
You had it all but it was like you were point shaving of afraid to win.
Also is Kelly OK? I have never seen a coach so far in the playing filed he could have made the play before.

Good game from USC. We seemed to be in control at halftime but give SC credit, they adjusted and learned from the BYU/Wash games on how to attack the “drop 8” defense. The problem with ND is that we didn’t adjust when SC started to gain offensive momentum. Credit SC for fighting back and credit ND for just having enough to win.

Should have been some sort of delay of game penalty on BK at the end there.

Reactions: rgc7
Big issue for me in all cfb. I was taught the second or third guy play the ball once the runner is controlled.
Everybody is obsessed with doing a big hit stick and knocking the guy out. Sure it's a top 10 sportscenter highlight... when it works. It's really not that hard to avoid as a ball carrier. A wrap up isn't as sexy, but it always works.

But why did you have to make us look good? We didn't lose to BYU because they are good. We lost because its a formula. Drop 8, keep your safeties deep, use the edge and the undisciplined pass rush for QB runs. When Stepp is in, it is a run.
Also is Kelly OK? I have never seen a coach so far in the playing filed he could have made the play before.
Ive been saying all year. USC is a good team. Much improved from last year

yep
ND game plan was designed to win by 10 or less. It was a far cry from the effort vs UGA. If ND gets in the playoffs and plays like that, it will result in another blowout! Yesterday: bad by design!

Ive been saying all year. USC is a good team. Much improved from last year

well, SC has WR’s and everyone knew that, except maybe the ND game planners. ND should have kept pressure on Slovis - take advantage of a bad OL and inexperienced QB. ND: bad by design.
and bear in mind SC’s roster in ‘20 will continue it’s talent decline. The defensive and offensive lines have been recruited poorly if at all.
Most of the talent on the W.C. avoids SC like it is a disease.
So it only gets worse each week!

This team you say is good? 8-11 in last 19 games!
So, good? you want to elaborate?

Sorry Beach. But you of course understand that we are conflicted here.

On one hand we wanted to beat down USC, naturally.

BUT on the other hand you guys keeping Helton is to our advantage, pragmatically.

This fundamental conflict clearly was indicative of our effort. Kelly sometimes has a good idea and lately he makes a point of working to make sure our opponents keep bad coaches.

So he game planned to keep it close.

Thought I doubt he wanted it THAT CLOSE.

Not sure he brought all the players into it but clearly our D coach was all in.

He will probably have words with Jones though; clearly the kid was not listening.

Reactions: rgc7 and d1042
well, SC has WR’s and everyone knew that, except maybe the ND game planners. ND should have kept pressure on Slovis - take advantage of a bad OL and inexperienced QB. ND: bad by design.
and bear in mind SC’s roster in ‘20 will continue it’s talent decline. The defensive and offensive lines have been recruited poorly if at all.
Most of the talent on the W.C. avoids SC like it is a disease.
So it only gets worse each week!

This team you say is good? 8-11 in last 19 games!
So, good? you want to elaborate?
Forget last year. They made a bunch of changes to the program after last year. They are 3 and 3 this year with a ton of injuries and with a brutal schedule to start the season. They beat a top 14 team in Utah. They have a tough remaining schedule but I think they can finish 8 and 4. With the schedule and injuries they have that is really impressive. This SC team passes the eye test to me. They can play and have way more heart than last season

Forget last year. They made a bunch of changes to the program after last year. They are 3 and 3 this year with a ton of injuries and with a brutal schedule to start the season. They beat a top 14 team in Utah. They have a tough remaining schedule but I think they can finish 8 and 4. With the schedule and injuries they have that is really impressive. This SC team passes the eye test to me. They can play and have way more heart than last season

you see what you want to see... how did Utah do the following weeks?
Definitely not atop 15 team. And Utah outplayed SC for most of the game.

Uncle Urban will have you 11-0 going into our game next year. Rest assured.
If that ends up the case , they can have it......

The former college football player/fan in me wants us to dominate every opponent, the man I’ve grown into through my experiences as a football player and coach say, I’m ok as long as ND continues to graduate young men who are leaders and put them in the workforce.......
If scandal ridden USC wants to hire scandal ridden Urban....... have at it !!! They’ll get the ride... every ****ing bit of it...

Reactions: irish4life888
If that ends up the case , they can have it......

The former college football player/fan in me wants us to dominate every opponent, the man I’ve grown into through my experiences as a football player and coach say, I’m ok as long as ND continues to graduate young men who are leaders and put them in the workforce.......
If scandal ridden USC wants to hire scandal ridden Urban....... have at it !!! They’ll get the ride... every ****ing bit of it...

yea, no scandal at ND

Facilitating An 18 -22 year old kid who ****s up is one thing, a ****ing grown ass man , who is responsible for( 1 . Grooming men. 2. Coaching them in football) , multiple instances of domestic abuse and allowing them to continue to lead men without repercussions is a sign of a pathetic culture......

And one that my being as a fan goes far past.

It’s also why Urbans success could never be sustained at any of those places and why he sought his exit...

To add on, he was in Gainseville and Columbus before ....
Just wait til kids Urban is coaching are running the streets of LA.... TMZ will hit record profits...

you know blaming UM is a lie ... but it serves your agenda.

I know if I had a coach who had alleged domestic issues he wouldn’t be on my squad til he got them sorted out. Same for my football players...

Don’t make this political you won’t like how it ends up..... for the sole fact your impression is clearly already wrong as to my views.

I know if I had a coach who had alleged domestic issues he wouldn’t be on my squad til he got them sorted out. Same for my football players...

Don’t make this political you won’t like how it ends up..... for the sole fact your impression is clearly already wrong as to my views.

You coming here, on a football message board, being a self righteous, pompous ass, well that gets you no credibility.

and one lesson i’ve learned dealing with your sorts, is you do not argue with children nor stupid people.

understand this, you are out brained here. (probably by the majority of any message board) so take a hike!

Last edited:
you see what you want to see... how did Utah do the following weeks?
Definitely not atop 15 team. And Utah outplayed SC for most of the game.
They are ranked 13th right now so they're doing something right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT