ADVERTISEMENT

Complete Game and Team Performance

iwish

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 1, 2006
BK and staff had the Irish completely ready tonight. All facets of the team played well. Very good play calling, special teams, running game, defense played aggressive and great, WR’s and TE’s contributing. With the exception of AB’s injury (hoping it’s not serious), just a dominant performance.

- Book has changed the Offense completely and really played great. No big mistakes and putting the ball everywhere it needed to be. You can tell he’s starting to really feel confident.

- Offensive line was solid, and the running game was awesome. Dexter was the man tonight. Love Avery’s effort too. And how about Jahmir? Nice!

- Boykin was the Man tonight. Caught pretty much everything thrown to him. Claypool came up big, and Mack made up for his drop and holding call.

- Jerry was a beast, and Coney was all over the field making plays as usual. Bilal continues to impress and Drue laid the wood repeatedly.

Most impressive to me was the consistency throughout the game. Great win - proud of you Irish!!

Great game. Signature win. Stanford is a good football team -- the first half proved that. But damn, ND played like the ND of old! Dominated in the 2nd half, while losing their best lineman and their season-long RB. Grit and defense and damn, Ian book is so perfect in this offense. Kid is so confident back there.
So proud of this team.

Unfortunately the media and AP will take this as Stanford being in a down year and not think much of ND. Even after this pathetic example of football being played between Ohio State and Penn State.

Reactions: irishdave2000
Unfortunately the media and AP will take this as Stanford being in a down year and not think much of ND. Even after this pathetic example of football being played between Ohio State and Penn State.
Nah, they wouldn’t be ranked #7 if everyone thought they were in a down year.

Nah, they wouldn’t be ranked #7 if everyone thought they were in a down year.

Harry: You forget that Notre Dame fans always have to be looking over their shoulder at the bogeyman lurking in the shadows. It is either the refs, the announcers, or the pollsters. Someone is always out to get us.

Reactions: zro pts4u
win next week
Yep. Terrific job all around. Dex was great , book was great again .Boykin was terrific. The defense is championship caliber. Tremendously disciplined and fundamentally sound. When your team can get pressure without having to blitz it's a huge advantage. Clark Lea has done a great job. Special teams were excellent also. A physical beatdown of a quality opponent.

Reactions: chitown sot
Yep. Terrific job all around. Dex was great , book was great again .Boykin was terrific. The defense is championship caliber. Tremendously disciplined and fundamentally sound. When your team can get pressure without having to blitz it's a huge advantage. Clark Lea has done a great job. Special teams were excellent also. A physical beatdown of a quality opponent.
I got the feeling that ND so dominated the 4th Quarter that they could have scored almost at will. And, in my perspective as a fan, it appears our Secondary guys are maulers and brawlers. Win next week should not be over looked as just a motto. I refer back to the Irish rolling along and then came the game at Miami. Any parallels between that game and going to V Tech Saturday night?

Reactions: IrishMike409
Great game. Signature win. Stanford is a good football team -- the first half proved that. But damn, ND played like the ND of old! Dominated in the 2nd half, while losing their best lineman and their season-long RB. Grit and defense and damn, Ian book is so perfect in this offense. Kid is so confident back there.
So proud of this team.

One of BK's best wins as HC. Go Irish!

Reactions: iwish and LH24ND
I got the feeling that ND so dominated the 4th Quarter that they could have scored almost at will. And, in my perspective as a fan, it appears our Secondary guys are maulers and brawlers. Win next week should not be over looked as just a motto. I refer back to the Irish rolling along and then came the game at Miami. Any parallels between that game and going to V Tech Saturday night?
I don't think va tech is anywhere near as talented as Miami was.

What was I thinking? You guys are right. The program runs like a well oiled machine. No need for any criticism.

Nope, Ian Book makes this team capable of beating a quality opponent. To Miami,s credit, they cracked the BW code.

Commit 9 hats to the LOS. Play tight press man coverage on run downs and drop 7-8 on passing downs and make BW be an efficient pocket passer. He cannot do it. Period!

Book can...

BK and staff had the Irish completely ready tonight. All facets of the team played well. Very good play calling, special teams, running game, defense played aggressive and great, WR’s and TE’s contributing. With the exception of AB’s injury (hoping it’s not serious), just a dominant performance.

- Book has changed the Offense completely and really played great. No big mistakes and putting the ball everywhere it needed to be. You can tell he’s starting to really feel confident.

- Offensive line was solid, and the running game was awesome. Dexter was the man tonight. Love Avery’s effort too. And how about Jahmir? Nice!

- Boykin was the Man tonight. Caught pretty much everything thrown to him. Claypool came up big, and Mack made up for his drop and holding call.

- Jerry was a beast, and Coney was all over the field making plays as usual. Bilal continues to impress and Drue laid the wood repeatedly.

Most impressive to me was the consistency throughout the game. Great win - proud of you Irish!!
What I like about Book is he doesn't panic. Calm and collected. His fake pass and release to open Mack was outstanding. As much as I like Wimbush-he would never have saw that because he always zeroed in on one wideout. Book gets all of them involved.This will give defensive coordinators major headaches.

So proud of this team.
I can't wait to see C'bo and Jahmir develop. Our RB area is strong. ND will need a speedster to replace Dex. He was outstanding.I think he's learned to mature after his incidents.TE-don't recall so many being involved in o as this year.Good thing. Still have Tremble down the road. This D is more aggressive than 2012. Hats off to all d coaches.

Reactions: iwish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT