ADVERTISEMENT

Clark Lea my biggest concern for ND

The biggest concern, now and ongoing, is retaining Balis. I think he has tranformed the physical and mental attitude of ND players. ND has to lock him up with a deal he cannot refuse.

Liken that to the S&C mess at USC where the players are seeking out help about nutrition and weight training from ANOTHER PLAYER (P. Gustin). They have also sought conditioning advice from position coaches. All while there is a S&C staff employed. All that talent negated by poor S&C training and Helton is clueless. ND should offer to pay Lewis’s salary.

Having escaped that kind of S&C scenario, ND fans do not want to return to those problems.

Did you read EQs father's training theories? He thinks traditional power lifting makes playrs unbalanced.

Probably. That is why you have a new approach to training compared to years ago. Nutrition and strength training have replaced weight lifting. Balis gets it.

The biggest concern, now and ongoing, is retaining Balis. I think he has tranformed the physical and mental attitude of ND players. ND has to lock him up with a deal he cannot refuse.

Liken that to the S&C mess at USC where the players are seeking out help about nutrition and weight training from ANOTHER PLAYER (P. Gustin). They have also sought conditioning advice from position coaches. All while there is a S&C staff employed. All that talent negated by poor S&C training and Helton is clueless. ND should offer to pay Lewis’s salary.

Having escaped that kind of S&C scenario, ND fans do not want to return to those problems.
Helton is an amateur hour coach. Please keep him on board U$C

I think ND could have found a better hire. It really doesn't bother me he has never been a DC. What makes me nervous is what we lost in Elko and what Lea brings. I have watched a lot of his interviews and I attended the ND coaches clinic where he gave a presentation on LBs. His class out of all the classes I went to was the most underwhelming of them all. He has zero energy and the technique he coaches is totally unrealistic. The drills just do not transfer to the way you want the LBs to play. I also attended a practice. Again, he has no energy no passion when he coaches. LBs seem very disinterested in what he is saying.

1. Give Elko the money he diserved
2. Pete Kwiatowski, CO defensive coordinator, Washington.
3. Jimmy Lake DC Washington. Washington just paid him 1.1 to stay. You have to spend the money to keep top coaches.

Time will tell. However, ND could have done a lot better I feel.
Everyone wanted Lea . So Kelly made the easy choice so he would not look bad when the D tanks .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT