ADVERTISEMENT

Clark Lea my biggest concern for ND

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
I think ND could have found a better hire. It really doesn't bother me he has never been a DC. What makes me nervous is what we lost in Elko and what Lea brings. I have watched a lot of his interviews and I attended the ND coaches clinic where he gave a presentation on LBs. His class out of all the classes I went to was the most underwhelming of them all. He has zero energy and the technique he coaches is totally unrealistic. The drills just do not transfer to the way you want the LBs to play. I also attended a practice. Again, he has no energy no passion when he coaches. LBs seem very disinterested in what he is saying.

1. Give Elko the money he diserved
2. Pete Kwiatowski, CO defensive coordinator, Washington.
3. Jimmy Lake DC Washington. Washington just paid him 1.1 to stay. You have to spend the money to keep top coaches.

Time will tell. However, ND could have done a lot better I feel.

I think ND could have found a better hire. It really doesn't bother me he has never been a DC. What makes me nervous is what we lost in Elko and what Lea brings. I have watched a lot of his interviews and I attended the ND coaches clinic where he gave a presentation on LBs. His class out of all the classes I went to was the most underwhelming of them all. He has zero energy and the technique he coaches is totally unrealistic. The drills just do not transfer to the way you want the LBs to play. I also attended a practice. Again, he has no energy no passion when he coaches. LBs seem very disinterested in what he is saying.

1. Give Elko the money he diserved
2. Pete Kwiatowski, CO defensive coordinator, Washington.
3. Jimmy Lake DC Washington. Washington just paid him 1.1 to stay. You have to spend the money to keep top coaches.

Time will tell. However, ND could have done a lot better I feel.

The drills are the same ones Elko did. They coached together before coming to ND. Lea coached the LBs everywhere he & Elko we’re together & had great success.

Lake is a scumbag.
Not sure why you are so big on Washington DC’s?

They offered Elko MORE money than he deserved.

Elko didn’t like South Bend & the fact he had to travel so much to recruit at ND or the standards ND’s admissions required. Elko was famous for promising recruits things without looking into it first. Like promising a 5 Star in Texas he would be admitted to ND without ever seeing his transcripts. Then was annoyed when told the school needed them.

ND offered Elko more money after his first season. Elko then got offered a larger amount at A&M. He cane back to ND & they matched it. So A&M offered more, Elko came back to ND (for the third time) & asked for more. ND pulled their offer & told him good luck at A&M. He went to the well too many times & did not deserve what he was asking for. A&M gave him top 3 DC money. He is not even top 10 & only coached at ND one year. And don’t forget he didn’t want to be in SB anyways.
Chip Long was offered the OC position at Bama for more money & he didn’t go.
Since being at A&M Elko has already been told by FSU alum & ND alum he doesn’t have permission to use them as references. He burns bridges everywhere because he’s a greedy dbag that deserves to be with another greedy dbag, Jimbo.

Reactions: shabak
The drills are the same ones Elko did. They coached together before coming to ND. Lea coached the LBs everywhere he & Elko we’re together & had great success.

Lake is a scumbag.

Elko didn’t like South Bend & the fact he had to travel so much to recruit at ND or the standards ND’s admissions required. Elko was famous for promising recruits things without looking into it first. Like promising a 5 Star in Texas he would be admitted to ND without ever seeing his transcripts. Then was annoyed when told the school needed them.

ND offered Elko more money after his first season. Elko then got offered a larger amount at A&M. He cane back to ND & they matched it. So A&M offered more, Elko came back to ND (for the third time) & asked for more. ND pulled their offer & told him good luck at A&M. He went to the well too many times & did not deserve what he was asking for. A&M gave him top 3 DC money. He is not even top 10 & only coached at ND one year. And don’t forget he didn’t want to be in SB anyways.
Since being at A&M Elko has already been told by FSU alum & ND alum he doesn’t have permission to use them as references. He burns bridges everywhere because he’s a greedy dbag that deserves to be with another greedy dbag, Jimbo.
Trust me, what Lea was doing at this seasons coaches clinic verse the previous are much different than when Elko was here.
I sure would like to know where all your inside information is coming. Where did you see ND offered Elko money twice then he came a third time and they said no?
Where has he burned bridges? ND? Yes, but that's it. Why is he greedy? All coaches are greedy. Look at Kelly.
ND offered him 1.5 mil to stay. He verbally agreed. Then A&M offered close to 2mil and he asked ND if they could match. ND said good bye. So if you are ND and have 1.5 mil to offer Elko, then why not find a proven guy?

Why is Lake a scumbag?

Zorich I agree. He could be an overthinker, how much fire will he bring is my biggest question? Elko had a good blend of brain and fire in the belly. I'm sure Lea has a great mind, but can he motivate his players to want to destroy the opponent? Does he have the chops to confront Elston or Lyght if he isn't happy how they are coaching. Fair concern! I agree Elko is a scum bag, but most college coaches are guys you wouldn't wanna drink a beer with. Should have ponied up and made him one of the highest paid DC's. That's the way of the business.

Trust me, what Lea was doing at this seasons coaches clinic verse the previous are much different than when Elko was here.
I sure would like to know where all your inside information is coming. Where did you see ND offered Elko money twice then he came a third time and they said no?
Where has he burned bridges? ND? Yes, but that's it. Why is he greedy? All coaches are greedy. Look at Kelly.
ND offered him 1.5 mil to stay. He verbally agreed. Then A&M offered close to 2mil and he asked ND if they could match. ND said good bye. So if you are ND and have 1.5 mil to offer Elko, then why not find a proven guy?

Why is Lake a scumbag?
I agree, all coaches are greedy, I'm greedy. If my business was the worst it's ever been, and I basically by myself turned it around to be good to great, I'd demand more money and if I didn't get it I'd look for another job.

Zorich I agree. He could be an overthinker, how much fire will he bring is my biggest question? Elko had a good blend of brain and fire in the belly. I'm sure Lea has a great mind, but can he motivate his players to want to destroy the opponent? Does he have the chops to confront Elston or Lyght if he isn't happy how they are coaching. Fair concern! I agree Elko is a scum bag, but most college coaches are guys you wouldn't wanna drink a beer with. Should have ponied up and made him one of the highest paid DC's. That's the way of the business.

ND did pony up. They offered him top 5 money. He is NOT top 5. A&M offered him top 3 money, which is hilarious. He is not that good. He did good at WF. He did good (not great) at ND. We are so used to BVG’s horrible D we think Elko is Buddy Ryan. Elko is no where near what A&M is paying him. He got it because Jimbo was guaranteed a blank check to hire who he wanted if he left FSU. A&M is still in the SEC West & have to recruit Texas versus Tom Herman & Texas. They aren’t going anywhere.

Reactions: tbonesays
What's crazy is Kelly actually made the statement that cordinators are getting crazy saleries and a lot of years on contracts. What? Kettle black? Even if ND paid Elko 2mil that's not even half of what Kelly is getting.
Still wanna know why Lake is a scum-bag and what 5star did Elko promise?
NDAFArly you just throw things out there. Where are you getting this stuff?

What's crazy is Kelly actually made the statement that cordinators are getting crazy saleries and a lot of years on contracts. What? Kettle black? Even if ND paid Elko 2mil that's not even half of what Kelly is getting.

What? LOL
Coordinators make way less than half of HCs.
Harbaugh $9 million (OC $1 million & DC $1 million)
Saban $12 million (OC & DC both less than $2 million apiece)
Fisher $7.5 million (OC & DC less than 1.5 million apiece)

Kelly making $4.5 million is not very high for major programs. And Kelly is correct, a lot of unproven coordinators are getting paid over a million dollars a year.

And go read about Lake. He is the biggest negative recruiter in the country for defensive backs. The Washington fans were pissed at him all off season for telling UW he wanted more money & hinted at taking recruits elsewhere with him if they didn’t pay up.

The Safety is Brian Williams. He was close with Elko & many thought an ND lock last year. Without ever seeing his transcripts Elko offered a scholarship, then was very publicly annoyed when told he couldn’t do that at ND.
He told numerous people he did not like the travel involved to recruit at ND or the restrictions of admissions.

And I don’t just throw stuff out there. I actually look into what is going on instead of just throwing out my opinion. Please feel free to share what you think I just throw out there? The last time someone said that was after I said something about Lenzy that Lenzy’s dad posted himself on the board. LOL

Using the head coachs salary to support your position is silly. Look around the landscape of college football.

I can be pretty critical of the program but in this case with the limited access we get to the team you have to trust the coaches judgement here. Not saying that Kelly has impeccable judgement or anything but Kelly's been coaching the college game for a while, and has spent way more time coaching with Lea, if he thought Lea's energy level was a concern he wouldn't have given him the promotion.

Well I guess at this stage all we can do as fans is hope he works out as a defensive coordinator. I really don’t put too much into the “ style “ aspect. Some coaches are high energy and others are anylitical. I’ve seen enough football to know that both styles do work. The key is to recruit talented players and then have those players buy in to what you are doing. If Lea can accomplish both, then he’ll do fine. Let’s just wait and see.

Lake is a scumbag.

Yeah baby

What? LOL
Coordinators make way less than half of HCs.
Harbaugh $9 million (OC $1 million & DC $1 million)
Saban $12 million (OC & DC both less than $2 million apiece)
Fisher $7.5 million (OC & DC less than 1.5 million apiece)

Kelly making $4.5 million is not very high for major programs. And Kelly is correct, a lot of unproven coordinators are getting paid over a million dollars a year.

And go read about Lake. He is the biggest negative recruiter in the country for defensive backs. The Washington fans were pissed at him all off season for telling UW he wanted more money & hinted at taking recruits elsewhere with him if they didn’t pay up.

The Safety is Brian Williams. He was close with Elko & many thought an ND lock last year. Without ever seeing his transcripts Elko offered a scholarship, then was very publicly annoyed when told he couldn’t do that at ND.
He told numerous people he did not like the travel involved to recruit at ND or the restrictions of admissions.

And I don’t just throw stuff out there. I actually look into what is going on instead of just throwing out my opinion. Please feel free to share what you think I just throw out there? The last time someone said that was after I said something about Lenzy that Lenzy’s dad posted himself on the board. LOL
No one outside of ND knows Kelly's pay. Private schools rarley release the salary of their coaches.
Brian Williams hated Elko so much he followed him to A&M?
Do you really think UW would be held hostage by a co-defensive coordinator? Now he is the top 5 highest paid DC.

Please post your sources. You cannot back anything up. Elko hated ND so much? Are you saying he loved WF?

Again, post your sources or you are simply a fraud.

Using the head coachs salary to support your position is silly. Look around the landscape of college football.
I list HC pay because look at the crazy amount they make. Why not pay a top on the rise cordinator 2mil?

Bama never ever offered Long a dime. Were they interested? Yes, most likely but no offer was made. Again, you constantly spout off with zero facts. Add BS to your name NDAFArlyBS.

LOL

Yes they did.
Why don’t you spend a few dollars & go read some real info.

Even the Bama premium site reported it.

You don’t like facts that don’t meet your agenda, so they are BS? LOL

There was an entire week of updates on both the Bama site & ND site about it. But I guess you are more plugged in than both ND & Bama mods?

Tell you what. You post on here what you know about it. Seriously. Post all your info since you know. I will copy & paste what the mods said, with the dates & times. Since you think I’m full of BS, (even though I just repeat what mods say) you can dispute them with your facts. LOL

LOL

Yes they did.

There was an entire week of updates on both the Bama site & ND site about it. But I guess you are more plugged in than both ND & Bama mods?

Tell you what. You post on here what you know about it. Seriously. Post all your info since you know. I will copy & paste what the mods said, with the dates & times. Since you think I’m full of BS, (even though I just repeat what mods say) you can dispute them with your facts. LOL
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...-possible-candidate-at-Alabama-113737442/Amp/

LOL

Yes they did.

Offer was never made and offer was never declined. Post one article that says Bama offered Long! Just one!!!!

You are all BS. Now go ahead and block me. Because you cannot handle being called out.

Reactions: justified1
Lea has been described numerous times as very technical and one who takes a cerebral approach to coaching. He’s not a rah rah type. Can’t begin to understand what Zorich experienced in the coaching clinic, but I was happy with Lea’s selection at the time, and We’ll know soon enough if he is big time DC material.

Reactions: justified1

Wait. That’s it?
Your rock solid info is a mod (who you don’t trust when I cite them) saying beforehand IF Bama offers it would be hard for Long to say no. So he is speculating ahead of time. LOL

January 16th, 2018. Rivals Mods:

“Chip Long was offered offensive co-coordinator position at Alabama this week.”

“Chip Long isn't going to Alabama to be co-coordinator with anyone. I can assure you of that. It's not going to happen.”

Offer was never made and offer was never declined. Post one article that says Bama offered Long! Just one!!!!

You are all BS. Now go ahead and block me. Because you cannot handle being called out.

I like how you downgrade mods on sites, but then cite an article who interviews a mod!!! LOL
So if he says it in an article it’s real, but if he types it on here it’s false?

That article is from January 15th. Tom Loy posted after that Long was offered the position. Rivals mods on this site also posted he was offered on January 16th.
Sniffle. Sniffle.

I like how you downgrade mods on sites, but then cite an article who interviews a mod!!! LOL
So if he says it in an article it’s real, but if he types it on here it’s false?

That article is from January 15th. Tom Loy posted after that Long was offered the position. Rivals mods on this site also posted he was offered on January 16th.
Sniffle. Sniffle.
He was never offered the Bama job. You cannot post one link that shows Bama put money on the table and Long said no. Post the article. Oops, you can't post the article because it does not exist. Post one article that quotes Long or Bama. Long was not offered.

Sniffle. Sniffle.
Sniffle, sniffle? Why you crying bro? Post the article!

Sniffle, sniffle? Why you crying bro? Post the article!

So if Tom Lou posts it on the site it’s no good? But if Tom Loy says something in an article BEFOREHAND it’s good?
It has to be in an article? LOL

You can’t pony of $7 and go read Loy’s posts on that site? Or $9 on this site? LOL

It’s free for seven days, then you can cancel st no cost to you. Join for free, do a search for Chip Long & Alabama, and you can read the mods saying it straight on there/here.

Like I said...sniffle, sniffle “bro.” LOL

So if Tom Lou posts it on the site it’s no good? But if Tom Loy says something in an article BEFOREHAND it’s good?
It has to be in an article? LOL

You can’t pony of $7 and go read Loy’s posts on that site? Or $9 on this site? LOL

It’s free for seven days, then you can cancel st no cost to you. Join for free, do a search for Chip Long & Alabama, and you can read the mods saying it straight on there/here.

Like I said...sniffle, sniffle “bro.” LOL
I did not realize the link I posted was a mod. I put little stock in what the say. No where outside of a mods report will you find Long turned down Bama. Mods make $$ from stories like this. No one from a relatable source has said anything close to what your mods reported. Keep giving your money away to these guys. So basically you have to pay for any information you get. Man they got that hook deep in you.

I list HC pay because look at the crazy amount they make. Why not pay a top on the rise cordinator 2mil?
Who does ? ND offered him more than 95 percent of what other schools pay coordinators. He agreed then reneged when a & m offered more. Where should it end ? Blank check ?

Reactions: Pennick4
LOL

Yes they did.

Coach considered long but a formal offer was never made despite what any BS website says.

Sniffle. Sniffle.
Just not true. Considered, yes. Formally offered with terms ? Nope.

Lea has been described numerous times as very technical and one who takes a cerebral approach to coaching. He’s not a rah rah type. Can’t begin to understand what Zorich experienced in the coaching clinic, but I was happy with Lea’s selection at the time, and We’ll know soon enough if he is big time DC material.

Thought I read that the players were happy with Lea staying and being promoted to DC too.

Reactions: Telx1
Coach considered long but a formal offer was never made despite what any BS website says.

It's probably a case of them not making a formal offer without a verbal agreement in place.

and seriously **** this key logginbullshit

How many coordinators in the country make 50% of the head coaches salary? I would guess few, if any.

It's probably a case of them not making a formal offer without a verbal agreement in place.

and seriously **** this key logginbullshit
my understanding is that they inquired if Long was interested in being a co coordinator with Locksley. Long correctly said no thank you.

May I make a modest suggestion? Let’s evaluate CL after his first full season.

****and yes, understanding the talent he has at his disposal this year

Reactions: Pennick4
Coaches especially at big programs are moving faster then the kids they coach. Part of the skill of a head coach is to line up replacements when assistants move on. Sometimes despite the savvy coaches because of circumstance do not have great replacements. So you just have to deal. No clue if the replacement for Elko is good. If BK is a good coach he will evaluate his assistants and bring in a new LB coach if the position group is unsatisfactory.

ADVERTISEMENT