ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Hart commit

I haven't watched his film, I was just commenting on potential reasons for a ranking disparity.

I don’t know enough about him other than many think he is rated too high.
Then to prove a point one of the analyst removed the names & rankings & just showed film of a few WRs & asked people to rank them. It’s interesting to see how people judge players if they aren’t already biased by a ranking or Stars.

^ Explains why Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, UGA, tOSU have been struggling. The ratings system has ‘fooled’ them into recruiting the wrong players.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
^ Explains why Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, UGA, tOSU have been struggling. The ratings system has ‘fooled’ them into recruiting the wrong players.

The teams you listed are recruiting a handful, if not more, of players ranked inside the top 50. It's safe to say if you are grabbing 3-4 kids per year, year in and year out, out of top 50 of any reputable ranking service - you're going to be fielding a team of elite players. I do believe ND needs more top 50 players if they want to be a legit playoff / national title contender consistently. I do think the consistent recruiting during the BK era (a few top 100 but always 20-24 players) allows for depth and 10 win teams. If we can get our QB hitting the same year we have a defense (2012/2017) then we can crack that playoff and possibly title once every 6yrs or so. ND needs to be in the title game 2 times every decade and they need to win 1 every decade. I can live with that.

The teams you listed are recruiting a handful, if not more, of players ranked inside the top 50. It's safe to say if you are grabbing 3-4 kids per year, year in and year out, out of top 50 of any reputable ranking service - you're going to be fielding a team of elite players. I do believe ND needs more top 50 players if they want to be a legit playoff / national title contender consistently. I do think the consistent recruiting during the BK era (a few top 100 but always 20-24 players) allows for depth and 10 win teams. If we can get our QB hitting the same year we have a defense (2012/2017) then we can crack that playoff and possibly title once every 6yrs or so. ND needs to be in the title game 2 times every decade and they need to win 1 every decade. I can live with that.

I think Alabama and those teams are getting a real handful.. And we agree, as do most reasonable fans, that to be legitimate contenders that competing, and getting a few, of the players considered in the top 5 at their respective positions is really a prerequisite.

I think Alabama and those teams are getting a real handful.. And we agree, as do most reasonable fans, that to be legitimate contenders that competing, and getting a few, of the players considered in the top 5 at their respective positions is really a prerequisite.
Georgia signed 7 composite 5 stars this cycle & 12 top 50 players. George will be the new recruiting king.

Lou got star RB's and was great at developing players on the OLine and Dline. Andy Heck was a TE that became an AA Tackle ... everyone knows about Zoro... Terrell, Lyght , etc. his downfall was his success . he lost great coaches and could not always replace them good coaches.

Lou got star RB's and was great at developing players on the OLine and Dline. Andy Heck was a TE that became an AA Tackle ... everyone knows about Zoro... Terrell, Lyght , etc. his downfall was his success . he lost great coaches and could not always replace them good coaches.
vinnie cerrato was the biggest loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT