ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly is 100% right.

Either Lou forgot how to coach his last 3 years and ND has hired 4 consecutive bad coaches.

If 5 coaches over 22 years have failed to hit a mark. (Win Major Bowl) And in virtually everyone of those games ND has been outclassed athletically. 94 Colorado 95 FSU 00 Oregon St, 05 Ohio St, 06 LSU, 12 Alabama and 15 Ohio State.

Maybe the mark is too high? ND in that 22 year period has run Power, Option, West Coast, Pro Style and Spread. The have run 3-4, 4-3 and Over Under Defenses.

Every coach that came to ND was highly regarded as either a HC or Coordinator. And they all stink? Then Meyer looked at the job and said no thank you.

You want the answer to the problem? Ask Urban Meyer.

You think we do not know that. Admin is NOT CHANGING .....so just continue to take it in the can and expect things to change how?

News flash!!!! Kelly needed to put his program especially his coaching staff under a microscope well before 4 games into his 7th season.
I agree with you. As a head coach its your job to analyze whats working and whats not working. I feel there is no leadership on that defense. They look confused like they dont know what to do and i blame that on coaching. Because a good coach never stops coaching.

FLA.....I was just thinking the EXACT same thing! What is the difference from one season to the next? Coaches usually coach the same......PLAYERS are the difference! I was a much better coach when I had good players. BK & staff are too.

Now I think there is some talent on the roster so what is needed are LEADERS. And yes it does involve the Coaches motivating players but even more important is PLAYING the right players. Dexter & Donte looked like they wanted to play. We need ALOT more!

GET BETTER FAST!!!
I agree the whole team lacks leadership. With the exception of hitzer. They need to communicate while on the field. But the defense is terrible. No pass rush at all where is the talent there. There just isnt any energy on that field period.

I agree the whole team lacks leadership. With the exception of hitzer. They need to communicate while on the field. But the defense is terrible. No pass rush at all where is the talent there. There just isnt any energy on that field period.

Or run blocking

Brian Kellys record speaks for itself. He's got nothing to prove. He's a winner. Period end of story. If that upsets the resident know nothing cranks on this board. All the better. You boys know nothing about football so by all reasonable metrics you are 100% irrelevant.

A football team takes on the personality of its best players not the coach. Guys like Teo' Z.Martin, Motta, Day, J Smith and W Fuller played with enthusiasm.

This group of young MEN, Luke, Rochelle, Kizer, Folston and Zaire are just a bad group of leaders. And it's created a toxic team. The bad news is ND is stuck with this mix for the next 9 games. The good news is its sounds like BK is sick of their act and they will be gone next year.

As the old saying goes..lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. It's time for Dexter Williams and Co to start rebuilding the spirit of this football team and setting the tone and foundation for 2017.

Personally I would tell Luke, Rochelle, Zaire and Folston you can support your team from the bench and maybe earn some snaps. Or you can leave and prepare for the draft.

Getting Winbush ready to go makes me think he's about to tell Kizer the same thing. Yesterday performance at QB was abysmal for someone who is supposedly a leader and your best player.

The one good thing about a season like this it forces you to put your program under a microscope. Fortunately the guy putting the program under the microscope is one of the best in the business. Brian Kelly is ND most valuable and maybe only asset.

Let the tears start flowing LOL!!!
Are you on crack? 8-5 is a winner. We just lost to Duke for cripes sake. You are an idiot.

Reactions: Nocalirish and cgvr
Cause Urban makes more then ND would ever pay at a top 10 job in the nation which provides a viable road map to the playoff ever year.

Urban vs Harbaugh is going to be ongoing great theater. It'll be interesting to see if Harbaugh resorts to his "poodle" type "psy ops"....

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Where did I begin? Let's start with paragraph #1. You say Kelly is a winner. Tell me, what has he won? He has had plenty of opportunities to win big games while at ND. Now, I am going to give you a list of big games ND lost under Kelly. I am sure you will have an excuse for every loss but nevertheless I will proceed.
Championship game, the game is over in the 1st quarter.
FSU game against Jamis Winston.
Clemson on the road.
OSU in last years bowl game.
These are only 4 recent examples. I can give you more.
Your 2nd paragraph is ridiculous, you state, "a football team takes on the character of it's best players not the coach". Are you kidding me? The coach at every level of football sets the tone, standard, character of the team. It is the coaches finger prints that are all over the team. The coach then goes out and recruits the players that fit his system. Players come and go. The coach is the foundation of the program. In your third paragraph you attack certain players for lack of leadership. Guess what? Your coach recruited this whole roster. If there is lack of player leadership, then ask the coach why he recruited this group.

Your 6th paragraph you call out DK. The guy had almost 400 yards, accounted for three TD's. Had a punt interception. Did he miss some plays? Yes he did. Is he the reason ND lost? NO! Did his performance warrant a benching? Absolutely not.

Finally your last paragraph. It makes zero sense to me. Kelly will put this team under the microscope? He is one of the best in the business? First of all what business? Secondly, Kelly had all off season to put this team under his magical microscope. He is such a genius he couldn't even decide who the qb was. The genius even started MZ in the second half of Texas even though DK outperformed him in the first half. Yes, someone is looking through a microscope. However, it's not Kelly doing the looking and the microscope is not on the team. The university is looking through the microscope and it's focused on Kelly.
You don't even know who is calling the plays. Clueless

Dublin,
exactly correct ! Lou said it before a ND Michigan game : " you don't beat the U of Mich by tricking them ; you beat them by out blocking them and out tackling them ! "
Football is basically a simple game, a team that is well disciplined, tough, and trained in sound fundamentals is usually a very good football team.
Lack of talent is another excuse for poor coaching. ND gets its share of talent every year.
Do some teams get more, certainly. But it seems odd that wherever Saban, Urban, JH and a few other coaches go , their teams are always in the NC games. Once they leave, those teams may be still be good,
but no longer NC teams.
must have something to do with good sound fundamental coaching ? Blocking tackling ,
discipline !

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Dublin,
exactly correct ! Lou said it before a ND Michigan game : " you don't beat the U of Mich by tricking them ; you beat them by out blocking them and out tackling them ! "
Football is basically a simple game, a team that is well disciplined, tough, and trained in sound fundamentals is usually a very good football team.
Lack of talent is another excuse for poor coaching. ND gets its share of talent every year.
Do some teams get more, certainly. But it seems odd that wherever Saban, Urban, JH and a few other coaches go , their teams are always in the NC games. Once they leave, those teams may be still be good,
but no longer NC teams.
must have something to do with good sound fundamental coaching ? Blocking tackling ,
discipline !
North, South, East., West..... we're surrounded by what we need to do....
Stanford, um, osu, 'bama.....
Year 7 zero system....zero identity.....

I played plenty of football and I don't need an education from you about it. Guys like u who coach jv high school FB think you have the market cornered on football IQ. Take a pill and pipe down. It's a simple game at its core. You make a fool of yourself. This team is BAD. They can't tackle for shit. You know balance up / wrap up and drive your legs thru the ball carrier . You've heard of that right...

I've asked this guy the same questions that have been asked in this thread. Where do you coach? What's your record? What are your credentials? The guy comes here and puts down everyone on the board because they haven't coached or played as much football as he has in his life. You know why this guy is full of sh*t and won't answer the questions? Because if he were half as knowledgeable about coaching football as he claims to be, he wouldn't be trolling a message board insulting other posters. He would have real coaching work to do, like watching film, poring over scouting reports, coming up with practice and game plans for his next opponent. It is football season you know. He's another troll shilling for Kelly. He also hates David Shaw at Stanford.

LMAO.

Brian Kellys record speaks for itself. He's got nothing to prove. He's a winner. Period end of story. If that upsets the resident know nothing cranks on this board. All the better. You boys know nothing about football so by all reasonable metrics you are 100% irrelevant.

A football team takes on the personality of its best players not the coach. Guys like Teo' Z.Martin, Motta, Day, J Smith and W Fuller played with enthusiasm.

This group of young MEN, Luke, Rochelle, Kizer, Folston and Zaire are just a bad group of leaders. And it's created a toxic team. The bad news is ND is stuck with this mix for the next 9 games. The good news is its sounds like BK is sick of their act and they will be gone next year.

As the old saying goes..lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. It's time for Dexter Williams and Co to start rebuilding the spirit of this football team and setting the tone and foundation for 2017.

Personally I would tell Luke, Rochelle, Zaire and Folston you can support your team from the bench and maybe earn some snaps. Or you can leave and prepare for the draft.

Getting Winbush ready to go makes me think he's about to tell Kizer the same thing. Yesterday performance at QB was abysmal for someone who is supposedly a leader and your best player.

The one good thing about a season like this it forces you to put your program under a microscope. Fortunately the guy putting the program under the microscope is one of the best in the business. Brian Kelly is ND most valuable and maybe only asset.

Let the tears start flowing LOL!!!
He's 0-7 versus the top-12 since 2013. He's done nothing at the D1--A level.

Keep on with the lies when you look stupid I guess.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome! It's like throwing a bone to mutt. Lol!! Now I just need to figure out how to make you fetch a bone, roll over and play dead.

Thanks for amusing me after a bad loss!!!
You're doing the same for all of us. It's like I'm reading the work of a mentally retarded fifth grader when I see your posts.

Reactions: rgc7
the OP is clearly one of those 'social monitors' sent to do P.R. damage control.

why? because no one in posession of their faculties could make such a statement unless there was an ulterior motivation.

That is one on the things I despise about Kelly. That he creates his own 'secret service'

Freedom to the people!

the OP is clearly one of those 'social monitors' sent to do P.R. damage control.

why? because no one in posession of their faculties could make such a statement unless there was an ulterior motivation.

That is one on the things I despise about Kelly. That he creates his own 'secret service'

Freedom to the people!

Good one.

Not sure Kelly is behind any poster "plants" so to speak - BUT anyone who actually thinks that Kelly is capable of taking ND to the promised land is indeed delusional

I have been criticized for saying this in the past - I see Kelly being ND's answer to now retired VT coach Frank Beamer - a coach who will consistently get you a respectable W-L record year in and year out, and (usually) get you into a bowl game but will always leaving you wanting more

Last edited:
BK said last week staff checks social media and even responds.
Something I long suspected and have pointed out, 'continuously'.

Reactions: Java65
There are many football people on this forum that recognize bullspit. They recognize it in Kelly, and they recognize it in you.

To say Kizer''s not a leader is ludicrous. The players have total faith in him. They just can't tackle or block. For Kelly to criticize Kizer is a crime.

Agreed. Kelly has been a loser since day 1 at ND. His teams have consistently come into games unprepared and not ready to play. Not to mention how many last minute leads this team has given up. His inability to admit his mistake in the Northwestern game last year shows he is just not cut out for this job.

Whether is South Florida, Tulsa, Navy, Michigan 2011, USC 2014, Northwestern etc...it's been an ongoing theme for Kelly while at ND. Now we can add Duke to the mix. This is a Duke team who lost to to Wake Forest. How can anyone defend this man?

look the guy is actually a pretty good coach, but for whatever reasons just does not see that he needs to loosen up and that somethings require him to adapt; all things cannot adapt to him. That is the single flaw that will bring him down if he continues.

Reactions: Java65
Either Lou forgot how to coach his last 3 years and ND has hired 4 consecutive bad coaches.

If 5 coaches over 22 years have failed to hit a mark. (Win Major Bowl) And in virtually everyone of those games ND has been outclassed athletically. 94 Colorado 95 FSU 00 Oregon St, 05 Ohio St, 06 LSU, 12 Alabama and 15 Ohio State.

Maybe the mark is too high? ND in that 22 yea r period has run Power, Option, West Coast, Pro Style and Spread. The have run 3-4, 4-3 and Over Under Defenses.

Every coach that came to ND was highly regarded as either a HC or Coordinator. And they all stink? Then Meyer looked at the job and said no thank you.

You want the answer to the problem? Ask Urban Meyer.

Stanford has won 4 big bowl games in 4 of the last 6 years with restrictions as tough as ND. Yet their coach finds a way to win big games.

ND has miss fired w/ bad Head coaches on CW, TW, and BD. BK is a slightly better coach than those 3. So u say ND should just accept BK ?

Just because ND has not gotten a solid head coach like a D.Shaw at Stanford = they should just settle and accept a coach like BK because ND wont be able to find one who can get them over the hump and win some big bowl games ? And You think the restrictions are too tough for any coach to get it done ?

If that is your attitude - I would not want my son playing football for your freshmen high school team,

Good one.

Not sure Kelly is behind any poster "plants" so to speak - BUT anyone who actually thinks that Kelly is capable of taking ND to the promised land is indeed delusional

I have been criticized for saying this in the past - I see Kelly being ND's answer to now retired VT coach Frank Beamer - a coach who will consistently get you a respectable W-L record year in and year out, and (usually) get you into a bowl game but will always leaving you wanting more

Beamer gets a hell of a lot more out of his players and does not have the enormity of ND in his sails....
When weis was within a "bushpush" of NC game consideration it gave me hope that we could get the talent in... (that southern cal team had the NC in hand until Young orchestrated perhaps the greatest 6 minutes in CFB NC history)
HCing has been a blight at ND and under Porky has gone to a new level of bombastic buffoonery ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT