ADVERTISEMENT

Bama players flocking to the portal

Many are not clear on the rules and the responsibility of the schools who might take many of these guys.

In the case of the Bellamy kid for example------the school that takes him has him on their 85 number for 4 years.

Even if he transfers somewhere else after 2 for example. He remains on your number unless he leaves for the NFL.

The point being is that when you take these young transfers you better be right .

Bama was poaching Keeley. Why do I care how much players aew poached from Saban-he is a used car salesman.

Reactions: Kelso86
Many are not clear on the rules and the responsibility of the schools who might take many of these guys.

In the case of the Bellamy kid for example------the school that takes him has him on their 85 number for 4 years.

Even if he transfers somewhere else after 2 for example. He remains on your number unless he leaves for the NFL.

The point being is that when you take these young transfers you better be right .
That's something I didn't know. So, yeah, it means you better be comfortable with who you sign.

CFB has long been moving toward a semi pro situation. Paying players isn't new, now its just out in the open and obvious. It absolutely is ruining what once made collage ball better than the NFL.

But, look at it this way. Maybe this will release the stranglehold that the Alabama's have on the landscape. I don't like this NIL stuff at all, but I have to tell you, it sure is nice not seeing Alabama in the playoff this year....

CFB has long been moving toward a semi pro situation. Paying players isn't new, now its just out in the open and obvious. It absolutely is ruining what once made collage ball better than the NFL.

But, look at it this way. Maybe this will release the stranglehold that the Alabama's have on the landscape. I don't like this NIL stuff at all, but I have to tell you, it sure is nice not seeing Alabama in the playoff this year....
who in the world is influenced to purchase/subscribe/participate/imbibe/ingest/read/etc. based upon the advice, image, appearance etc. of a high school kid! fubar!

Bellamy is not on our 85 limit

That isn't true, someone who transfers does not remain a counter under the 85 limit for the time after he transfers.

I think his point was he'd count against the limit of the school that takes him from the portal.
Yeah only for however long he is on that team. He was making it sound that he'd have to be on the limit for 4 years

That isn't true

Reactions: BGI User 756
Yeah only for however long he is on that team. He was making it sound that he'd have to be on the limit for 4 years

That isn't true
Okay. So there really is no "punishment," as it were if a school takes a kid from the portal with, say, three years of eligibility, and he transfers a second time after one year. The school that took him wouldn't have to count him for two more years, correct?

Reactions: BGI User 756
Okay. So there really is no "punishment," as it were if a school takes a kid from the portal with, say, three years of eligibility, and he transfers a second time after one year. The school that took him wouldn't have to count him for two more years, correct?
Correct. Only counts when they are on your team

That isn't true

Yes it is---- I've been told if you take a kid with 4 years eligibility he's on your number for 4 years even if he leaves after 2.

most likely they don’t count because they can’t count!

Bama was poaching Keeley. Why do I care how much players aew poached from Saban-he is a used car salesman.
I’ll never be a saban fan but apples to oranges here. keeley was open game and not enrolled anywhere. Who knows if he was ever even committed. Bowen is listed as a committ for some reason bit still openly says he hasn’t decided. We “ poach” recruits from other schools as much as anyone else. I’m not calling it poaching it’s the new normal——a kid is developed and he’s good he’s going to be offered $ by other schools. This should neutralize programs who have a deep pool of talent and perhaps level the playing field a bit in a very top heavy sport

Mack Brown stated that the players are being actively solicited by outside sources, agents snd others and that the players are being offered money to transfer.

That should be an eye opener to those who support the new transfer policy !

It has now turned into a bidding war fueled by outside sources and NOT internal motivation by the player transferring so that he can get more playing time.

it’s now turned into a bidding war fueled by outside sources and NOT the internal motivation by the player transferring so that he can get more playing time.

MONEY is now the driving and corrupting force !

Mack Brown stated that the players are being actively solicited by outside sources, agents snd others and that the players are being offered money to transfer.

That should be an eye opener to those who support the new transfer policy !

It has now turned into a bidding war fueled by outside sources and NOT internal motivation by the player transferring so that he can get more playing time.

it’s now turned into a bidding war fueled by outside sources and NOT the internal motivation by the player transferring so that he can get more playing time.

MONEY is now the driving and corrupting force !
It's nothing different than NFL free agents, and it's killing the essence of CFB. It wasn't that long ago that kids graduated college and played in bowl games. Sad to see it all come to this

It's nothing different than NFL free agents, and it's killing the essence of CFB. It wasn't that long ago that kids graduated college and played in bowl games. Sad to see it all come to this
The vast majority still play in bowl games.

If you are a Michael Mayer or an Isaiah Foskey, you shouldn’t play in a bowl game.

The vast majority still play in bowl games.

If you are a Michael Mayer or an Isaiah Foskey, you shouldn’t play in a bowl game.
We see it differently, Regardless of your opinion, I dont agree. You're on a team, you're a teammate; finish what you started. That's what my generation believed in. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. We just don't agree. Go Irish!! ☘️

ADVERTISEMENT