ADVERTISEMENT

Bama looking to schedule ND

Any chance we can get them scheduled in November? To the credit FSU will play at ND late in the year.

Fun for the fans to think about. Not sure I like giving Bama a big name cupcake win.

NFL scouts are right. ND is not serious about football. Best if it just went away like wrestling and they don’t keep destroying their history with this current cash grab marketed as real effort.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Any chance we can get them scheduled in November? To the credit FSU will play at ND late in the year.

I'm pretty certain the two times Alabama played at ND, '76 and '87, were both in November. I was in the stands in '76 -- and it was about 50 degrees!

Reactions: scubastevefl
1974 ND 24 - 23 Alabama W Sugar Bowl Record ND 5 W - Alabama 2 W
1975 ND 13 - Alabama 11 W Orange Bowl
1980 ND 7 - Alabama 0 W
1976 ND 21 - Alabama 18 W
1986 Alabama 28 - ND 10 L
1987 ND 37 - Alabama 6 W
2013 Alabama 42 - ND 14 L

I'm pretty certain the two times Alabama played at ND, '76 and '87, were both in November. I was in the stands in '76 -- and it was about 50 degrees!

You are correct. Both games were played in November---11/13/76 and 11/14/87. And both were very nice days, in terms of weather.

Maybe Jack can set it up so they play FSU in Tallassee, Navy on the west coast, Bama in Jersey and then USC in California to end a 13 game season that starts in Hawaii, goes to the east coast followed by MI and Penn St in the middle --away games of course

Good for Jack if he can get a Home&Home, something that ADs at FSU, Clem, WVU etc could not.

This just in, Jack looking to start a home and home with the Indianapolis Colts starting in 2026 and the Steelers in 2027-2028. When asked how he plans on helping ND get to the playoff, he replied, "f*ck it, show me the money."

This just in, Jack looking to start a home and home with the Indianapolis Colts starting in 2026 and the Steelers in 2027-2028. When asked how he plans on helping ND get to the playoff, he replied, "f*ck it, show me the money."

Most of us have no interest in seeing ND play Indiana St.

There is a big difference between Indiana St and playing 8 or 9 ranked teams a year. It gets to the point where it doesn't help you, it just makes it more impossible to compete for national titles. That being said Jack could care less, all he's cared about for years is the money he can rake in. The success of the program is secondary.

There is a big difference between Indiana St and playing 8 or 9 ranked teams a year. It gets to the point where it doesn't help you, it just makes it more impossible to compete for national titles. That being said Jack could care less, all he's cared about for years is the money he can rake in. The success of the program is secondary.

Stop making stuff up. ND doesn't play 8-9 ranked teams a year.

Stop making stuff up. ND doesn't play 8-9 ranked teams a year.
ND played 7 ranked teams last year (over half of our opponents were ranked) and Swarbrick just keeps adding, they aren't far off. Regardless it does the program no good to get pantsed by Alabama on national tv especially with the academic restrictions they are already dealing with. That being said, I guarantee it never crossed Jack's mind. He cares about getting as many money grab games in there as he can find so he can buy a new jumbotron and showcase their flashy new jerseys.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ND played 7 ranked teams last year (over half of our opponents were ranked) and Swarbrick just keeps adding, they aren't far off. Regardless it does the program no good to get pantsed by Alabama on national tv especially with the academic restrictions they are already dealing with. That being said, I guarantee it never crossed Jack's mind. He cares about getting as many money grab games in there as he can find so he can buy a new jumbotron and showcase their flashy new jerseys.
Dumb, just dumb. What do you think his primary job is ? It's too generate as much revenue as possible.

Dumb, just dumb. What do you think his primary job is ? It's too generate as much revenue as possible.
If you think that's his main job then this exact mentality is why ND hasn't had an elite football program since 1993. It's about winning and making money. The funny thing is if ND would win more they would make far more money than they are making now.

You're a lightweight. ND played UGA essentially even last year. You have no idea how good Bama is going to be in 5-10 years.

If you think that's his main job then this exact mentality is why ND hasn't had an elite football program since 1993. It's about winning and making money. The funny thing is if ND would win more they would make far more money than they are making now.
Of course it's about making money. If it was about only winning the academic restrictions would not be in place. Get a clue.

The academic restrictions should not be in place. They never will be at Bama even 5 years from now. They are a football factory and will embarrass you again when the time comes. I find it a bit psychotic that some of you care about the academic aspect tbh.

The academic restrictions should not be in place. They never will be at Bama even 5 years from now. They are a football factory and will embarrass you again when the time comes. I find it a bit psychotic that some of you care about the academic aspect tbh.

No one really cares what you think.

Academics did not hinder Notre Dame last season. Playing ranked teams did not hinder the Irish last season. They were in the playoffs when they went to Miami. They got their doors blown off. Could not recover from an early deficit. They gave up a fourth quarter lead at Stanford. They lost a close game to Georgia. They get the talent in South Bend. The academic excuse is a crutch. In 2016 they were not competitive but that season was bookended by 10-win seasons. They need someone to get the team across the finish line.

I do get tired of these young pups giving up before spring practice is halfway over. We have 10 returning starters on defense and 6 or 7 on offense off a 10-3 season. Here comes the Irish!

these types of games get your team healthy again and your bench players game time experience. You want 2 of these each season. Game 3-4 and games 8-9. IT makes sense!!

these types of games get your team healthy again and your bench players game time experience. You want 2 of these each season. Game 3-4 and games 8-9. IT makes sense!!

No, I don't want ND playing any FCS teams at all, much less two a season.

no thank you especially as an independent. it's hard enough now for nd to make the playoff. beating FCS teams makes it even harder. to think otherwise is extremely short sighted.

Reactions: NDSMC78
The question becomes in a midseason game at Alabama what cupcake does Alabama schedule the week before. And how early in the season will they come to south bend because they surely aren't coming after mid October

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT