ADVERTISEMENT

At what point do we say this is ‘just ridiculous’

Dante Moore is entering the portal as well. After flips of his last year, should be interesting where he lands.

Guys. It's the end of the COVID exception all teams are over 85. All teams have to get down to 85.

To be honest with you, expect 10 to 15 players to declare from ND.
Maybe, MF had a some discussions with them about their future with the program and they did not like where they stand.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
I don't want Riley Leonard. I want KJ Jefferson. Besides, have you seen his stats, they suck! What's the explanation for that?
I want the old system....you know where you developed your own players. I get it now...bring in a new transfer QB because everyone it seems is on a one year contract but honestly I would rather lose a couple more next year to then have my experienced starter playing for two more years than bring in a portal QB all things being equal. The fact players seem to be able to transfer at will without sitting out a year has yes ruined College Football.

Guys. It's the end of the COVID exception all teams are over 85. All teams have to get down to 85.
That's great! You want it to be guys that you dont want back and guys that are not that talented. Or have only 1 year left

Bauman, correll, kristofic,keainana, Barnes, Tucker etc etc those type guys

You dont want young talent Rico Holden Tobias James to enter

Bowl games are more the number of practices than the results. Results basically have little to coach's record, especially with the transfers. Consider how many starting QBs are entering protal. How can many of these teams adjust so readily?

For some schools bowl money might be helpful, but mostly the additional practices are important part, especially for younger players replacing those who will be gone next year.

That's great! You want it to be guys that you dont want back and guys that are not that talented. Or have only 1 year left

Bauman, correll, kristofic,keainana, Barnes, Tucker etc etc those type guys

You dont want young talent Rico Holden Tobias James to enter
Two different issues... The wr coach destroyed that room and now the guys have to decide if they can coexist or not. You don't want to lose those guys but might have to to fix the room.

There will be a lot of movement on ol and te.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Bowl games are more the number of practices than the results. Results basically have little to coach's record, especially with the transfers. Consider how many starting QBs are entering protal. How can many of these teams adjust so readily?

For some schools bowl money might be helpful, but mostly the additional practices are important part, especially for younger players replacing those who will be gone next year.
What good are the additional practices if you have no WR room and getting a QB transfer for 2024?

Perhaps we need to push signing day back to February....and the portal window starts after the College Football Playoffs?

Two different issues... The wr coach destroyed that room and now the guys have to decide if they can coexist or not. You don't want to lose those guys but might have to to fix the room.

There will be a lot of movement on ol and te.
Follow the money. Lots if not most of players entering the portal everywhere are looking for better NIL deals. Playing time has taken a back seat to guaranteed money.

Reactions: bluehair666
Follow the money. Lots if not most of players entering the portal everywhere are looking for better NIL deals. Playing time has taken a back seat to guaranteed money.
Indeed that plays a big role, but the bigger question is how do they know this in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: bluehair666
The transfer portal makes college football into a free agency crapfest. If it was a reaction to COVID, then it should go away since COVID no longer is cancelling games and seasons like in 2020 and 2021.

I know everyone is upset at the possible portal entries we may have but when Michigan State already has 17 potential portal transfers, something needs to be done. The Colorado bring in 30 new players each year model will not work and will kill CFB team loyalty.

Reactions: tkirish and 1Redrum
Portal, NIL and parenting. These are all symptoms of a greater cancer plaguing our society. Kids are soft, impatient, and narcissistic today. This isn't an ND problem it's a college football problem. America is really in trouble 50 years from now. heck the world is. When the going gets tough....LOL! even if it isn't tough.

Reactions: Uncle Money
I would have preferred developing one of the younger players then bringing in a transfer.
as would most, but when you lose several to the portal, you're in a bind...ideally, you could blend, develop younger guys and bring in a stop gap..back to back years of a rental is not ideal

At this rate, we'll have like 2 healthy receivers for the bowl game.

I would have preferred developing one of the younger players then bringing in a transfer.
Our two best QB prospects are mid to low 4 star guys. One guy ranked in the 150s the other in the 300s. It isn't like we have a top 5 prospect at QB waiting in the wings or something.

Our two best QB prospects are mid to low 4 star guys. One guy ranked in the 150s the other in the 300s. It isn't like we have a top 5 prospect at QB waiting in the wings or something.
Not all 5 star QB's pan out either. Alabama's won multiple NC's under Saban with non elite QB's.

Portal, NIL and parenting. These are all symptoms of a greater cancer plaguing our society. Kids are soft, impatient, and narcissistic today. This isn't an ND problem it's a college football problem. America is really in trouble 50 years from now. heck the world is. When the going gets tough....LOL! even if it isn't tough.
This is also called capitalism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT