ADVERTISEMENT

Are we "allowed" to criticize ND football on this board? Or do we only post rainbows and butterflies'???

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Man, if you give an opinion about ND football that is not filled with sugar and spice and everything nice, people want to cancel you lol.

Nope, I do not believe Carr is the answer at QB

Nope, Tommy should not be fired

Pyne has no business on this roster

Now let the insults begin lol.

Man, if you give an opinion about ND football that is not filled with sugar and spice and everything nice, people want to cancel you lol.

I agree with everything except Carr! It would be interesting to see where ND would be if TB stayed healthy!

Reactions: Zorich 88

You left out BK leaving gaping holes on the roster!

How do you explain Pyne's 6-1 record as a starter and 3-0 undefeated lifetime record against ranked teams?

Was it the fumbles by the RB's? Or the lack of experience in the WR position? Perhaps all the dropped passes by the WR's?

Regardless, making up stories about the incoming QB Carr was unacceptable. It's one thing to critique a kid, but you were making up stories about his performance.

Saying "You've been following him since he was only 13" actually just makes you seem more creepy.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
You dont give your opinion of him. You try to state it like it's fact
lol
Not sure how i do that but ok. Sounds similar to the way you post.

I dare i give an opinion that sounds like I really believe it.

I call it Tommy Rees making lemonade with lemons
From TR sucks, to TR is amazing and wins with no talent, to Turnover Tommy, to TR needs to start the freshman QB with no experience and only 3 months on the team, to find a QB that no other team wants and bring him in as a grad transfer.

I call it armchair coaching and an overinflated opinion of one's own understanding of the game.

From TR sucks, to TR is amazing and wins with no talent, to Turnover Tommy, to TR needs to start the freshman QB with no experience and only 3 months on the team, to find a QB that no other team wants and bring him in as a grad transfer.

I call it armchair coaching and an overinflated opinion of one's own understanding of the game.
Fans are fickle by nature I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah, of course. Just don't be a little bitch about it. You do sound a little unnecessarily harsh about DP. Yeah, it's true, he has the elemental physical tools and talent of a walk-on, or maybe not even that. But he throws a decent ball, and I guess he was groomed from pee-wee football to try be a college QB. And he did it. As it turns out he really is below the bar in terms of actual talent and tools, but he at least he has the grooming and lifelong preparation and coaching, which sort of compensates. I don't know if he reads defenses good or not. And actually his intangibles are nothing particularly special to my untrained eye. But overall he's passable at the D-1A level, and he's had some good games for us.

We wouldn't be where we are this season without him, whatever that's worth....

How do you explain Pyne's 6-1 record as a starter and 3-0 undefeated lifetime record against ranked teams?

Was it the fumbles by the RB's? Or the lack of experience in the WR position? Perhaps all the dropped passes by the WR's?

Regardless, making up stories about the incoming QB Carr was unacceptable. It's one thing to critique a kid, but you were making up stories about his performance.

Saying "You've been following him since he was only 13" actually just makes you seem more creepy.
What stories did I make up?

What stories did I make up?
You reached back 3 weeks to a game his team didn't do well, then ignored the following 2 weeks that he was excellent. Then you implied from the 3 week old game that the kid was having a bad year. Nobody on this board would know that off hand but luckily some other posters pointed out your error and your attempt to discredit the kid. So, you made up a story of him having a bad year because of one game and ignored the following outstanding performances. All of this to attack a 17 year old HS kid.

You reached back 3 weeks to a game his team didn't do well, then ignored the following 2 weeks that he was excellent. Then you implied from the 3 week old game that the kid was having a bad year. Nobody on this board would know that off hand but luckily some other posters pointed out your error and your attempt to discredit the kid. So, you made up a story of him having a bad year because of one game and ignored the following outstanding performances. All of this to attack a 17 year old HS kid.
Man you got your facts all screwed up.

1. His team lost to a terrible team that held him to 1 TD.

2. Then they beat a bad team then lost to the best team in the conference for the division championship.

3. No one on this board would know that??? Ummm, the internet knows all.

4. I NEVER said the kid had a bad year. I said Carr had some bad games.

5. Attacking a 17 year old kid???? Ok i will only say great things about him from now on.

2. Then they beat a bad team then lost to the best team in the conference for the division championship.

5. Attacking a 17 year old kid???? Ok i will only say great things about him from now on.
You do bash CJ Carr pretty badly. Just sayin'. I guess you live in his neighborhood or something, so you see him first hand, and you're none too impressed. That's all well and good, and it's not like that's not a common thing, when some fan has ready access to some elite recruit's HS games, and after watching them in person are not that wowed.

Most fans, it seems like, when they actually get to see a kid play a few times up close seem to think they're not that great. But you're pretty relentless about it.....

Multiple posters, at least one highly respected by I would guess you and I, refuted your portrayal of the kid. But clearly not all opinions will be rosy, and nobody believes you shouldn’t criticize. But it should be balanced and include the positive with the negative. I’ll just say this:

Go Irish

There are some posters in particular that will bash you if you criticize anything.

There are some posters in particular that will bash you if you criticize anything.
Look, we don’t have to agree on anything except our passion for ND football. But man, the childish insults should stop.

I have been wrong 1000’s of times and I expect to be wrong 1,000 more times. But there is zero reason to get personal.

Reactions: Telx1

Butt hurt because you found out your 'opinion' impresses very few people

GET OVER YOURSELF

Reactions: NIN Irish
I've never criticized any players or coaches at ND, nor should you!!!!

lol

Do you still believe TB is better than Carr?
I never said he was. I think Buchner has higher potential than Carr. It doesnt look like he will live up to it

I have Carr as a 5 star. I didnt have Buchner as a 5star coming out. Carrs mechanics and footwork are so effortless and repeatable. At worst, hes going to be good. At best, he can be a stud

Carr is about as safe a bet as just at least being good as you can get

Reactions: Telx1

What terrible team did he lose to?

Bedford was 8 and 3
Dexter was 11 and 0
Belleville was 12 and 0

Look, we don’t have to agree on anything except our passion for ND football. But man, the childish insults should stop.

I have been wrong 1000’s of times and I expect to be wrong 1,000 more times. But there is zero reason to get personal.
At least you admit it. Have you ever been close to right?

1. How anyone can criticize a HS junior QB is beyond me. He’s been recruited By the best teams in the country.
2. D Pune was offered by Alabama . Check is offer schools.
3. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion . But most are just plain fans , negative mostly and have little to no football acumen. Never played the game at any higher level let alone coached at any higher level. They no nothing about talent , scheme,
playcalling or the intricacies of the game . To bash coaches , players constantly shows their ignorance.

Pitter Patter GIF by Crave

Agreed.

No, no, nobody is allowed to criticize the Notre Dame football team on this site. What gave you the idea it might ever be tolerated?

Reactions: BGI User 756
I never said he was. I think Buchner has higher potential than Carr. It doesnt look like he will live up to it

I have Carr as a 5 star. I didnt have Buchner as a 5star coming out. Carrs mechanics and footwork are so effortless and repeatable. At worst, hes going to be good. At best, he can be a stud

I saw the post where you said TB would have been a 5 star if he played his senior year.

You also said in that same post TB was better than all the QBs the poster named. Carr was on that list

You said the following

I think in the case of these two mentioned, they’re both going to be 5 star kids. Same with Carr and Sayin. While one might be better, all 4 are likely going to be better than anyone we have on the current roster.

If you’re talking Dante Moore vs Angeli, then of course you go all in for Moore.
Then you replied:

“Buchner was better as a junior in high school then all mentioned”

Last edited:
What terrible team did he lose to?

Bedford was 8 and 3
Dexter was 11 and 0
Belleville was 12 and 0
Bedford is terrible

They beat no one worth anything except for Saline.

Not one team they beat had a winning record. 3 teams they beat only had 1 win all season.

Man don’t try and tell me about Michigan high school football. I live here my friend. I know all of these teams.

I saw the post where you said TB would have been a 5 star if he played his senior year.

You also said in that same post TB was better than all the QBs the poster named. Carr was on that list
He would have been had he played his sr year. He did not play. So he didnt get it. He missed a lot of pt and reps

Buchner has more potential than Carr. I said that in this post. But Carr is the way safer bet. His floor is very high. As Buchners was low with a higher ceiling

Not complicated. I already said that

Bedford is terrible

They beat no one worth anything except for Saline.

Not one team they beat had a winning record. 3 teams they beat only had 1 win all season.

Man don’t try and tell me about Michigan high school football. I live here my friend. I know all of these teams.
8 and 3 buddy.

Saline sucks. They are a 1 man show.

Dont try to bullshit me. Not 1 terrible team did they lose to.

Nice try though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT