ADVERTISEMENT

4-8 and Kelly gets to keep his job????????

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
The guy has seasons of 9 plus wins, then gets BLOWNOUT in every big/bowl game.

Win four games with the weakest ND schedule in twenty years.

He is absolutely over his head. I don't care who the next DC is. He cannot help the fact that Kelly sucks as a coach.

IIO wrote a three page essay about a new DC making a difference. What a waste of a read that was. Do you guys not get is??? It does not matter who Kelly has around him. The head coach sets the tone of the team. It is not the assistant coaches. It is not even the players. It is the head coach that creates the culture of the program. There is not one DC out there that will come in change the culture that Kelly has made. ND doesn't lose games because of defense. They lose games because of BK. Plus, there is not one top DC that will connect himself to a sinking ship named SS Kelly.

I don't know how you keep your job with only 4 wins. 7 wins is a down year. 4 freaking wins with this talent. Coaching is awlful.

The guy has seasons of 9 plus wins, then gets BLOWNOUT in every big/bowl game.

Win four games with the weakest ND schedule in twenty years.

He is absolutely over his head. I don't care who the next DC is. He cannot help the fact that Kelly sucks as a coach.

IIO wrote a three page essay about a new DC making a difference. What a waste of a read that was. Do you guys not get is??? It does not matter who Kelly has around him. The head coach sets the tone of the team. It is not the assistant coaches. It is not even the players. It is the head coach that creates the culture of the program. There is not one DC out there that will come in change the culture that Kelly has made. ND doesn't lose games because of defense. They lose games because of BK. Plus, there is not one top DC that will connect himself to a sinking ship named SS Kelly.

IIO
just likes the readership attention. He is a poster like any other; no more knowledgeable nor informed than others. That essay or diatribe was 99.9 % opinion and .001 guess. Guys, give yourselves some credit! your not brainless minions le the 'running of the snipes'.

This is Kelly's 7th season. He has no excuses for not getting better and not having depth. The blame is all his and there is no reason to believe he can turn things around. Next years recruiting class will be a disaster if Kelly stays. Who wants to play for a team not going to a bowl game and not ranked in the top 25? Everybody but Jack knows Kelly has to go and not after his next failed 4-8 season. No decent DC will come for a one and done season. Kelly must be fired.

^ yep

lame duck is no way to build a team! The '17 season is being flushed down the crapper and it is 11 months away!

Reactions: 88ND
I just counted 15 'continually' related ID's I have on iggy and that does not count the ones in the 'cornfield'!

and yet he is not here to confront his 'mutts' with his rants about how we are wrong and how great a coach Kelly is!

His fate was known from the start. Time. All it took was time.

Time is up! Jack clean house!

I just counted 15 'continually' related ID's I have on iggy and that does not count the ones in the 'cornfield'!

and yet he is not here to confront his 'mutts' with his rants about how we are wrong and how great a coach Kelly is!

His fate was known from the start. Time. All it took was time.

Time is up! Jack clean house!

OH MY GOD SHUT UP FOR ONCE!

another point re Jack and Kelly

under this regime ND entered into the incredibly D-A arrangement with the ACC.

This duo will have destroyed ND football before they are out the door.

raw

I love ND and it's hard for me to say anything "negative", but the following is not "negative", it's the truth! Notre Dame football has NO passion, NO energy, NO leadership! KB looks like a beaten man, has no energy and honestly I can't believe most of what he's saying anymore. He has no passion during the pregame interview and half time. That stuff you can't hide from you others and definitely not your own team.

Let's go after that coach from Western Michigan! Holy crap he has energy, his guys have totally bought into what he's preaching and a big program is going to snatch him up. Why not N.D.?

Go Irish!!!!!!!Beat SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: IrishBlessings
I could say the same for you Kelly lovers.

I am no Kelly lover...here is a post from another thread..

If we bring either (Jack or Brian)back next year......we become a true dinosaur......a relic of the past to be reconstructed in some museum in the future......because ND Football will be ofically DEAD. Cue the asteroid.

I just Hate Perse....and would love to meet him in person....just once......and have a little dance.

Reactions: end_23
I love ND and it's hard for me to say anything "negative", but the following is not "negative", it's the truth! Notre Dame football has NO passion, NO energy, NO leadership! KB looks like a beaten man, has no energy and honestly I can't believe most of what he's saying anymore. He has no passion during the pregame interview and half time. That stuff you can't hide from you others and definitely not your own team.

Let's go after that coach from Western Michigan! Holy crap he has energy, his guys have totally bought into what he's preaching and a big program is going to snatch him up. Why not N.D.?

Go Irish!!!!!!!Beat SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The problem is Notre Dame refuses to understand that you get what you pay for. the next coach of they are serious ... should be automatically the highest paid coach in the land. results of course are unknown but it signify that ND is VERY serious about winning again and getting as top of a coach money can buy.

They need to realize a coach isn't coming here for the mystique...because the mystique needs to ****ing be rebuilt❕❗

After SC humiliates ND next week, Kelly will get fired. Jack will not bring Kelly back for another season. Oops, sorry just day dreaming. Jack went to the university after last season and begged them to give Kelly an outrageous raise. There is no way Jack now goes back to those same people, a year latter and says, um, you know that huge raise and buy out clause I fought for Kelly to get? I was wrong, fire the guy even though we have to pay him for the next three plus years the way we did Charlie. We are stuck with the guy.

Everyone Knew Weis's third season would be bad due to the lack of talent from Tytanics last two classes. So after two ten win seasons he was given a mulligan for 2007. It was 2008 that in the end sealed him.

Kelly has been here seven years. That means all of this is on him and no one else and no previous coach.

It is going to be the rich alumni that force the end of this; both of them.

If we get blown out by USC then it is all over one way or another.

The buyout is frankly pocket change for ND.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
well if we beat USC and then we are 5-7 and kelly will lead us to a great bowl game and maybe we end up 6-7. Your the bomb BK.

If Kelly is 4 - 8 this year. Kelly should be 9 or more win next year. If not then Kelly will be fired.

I am no Kelly lover...here is a post from another thread..

If we bring either (Jack or Brian)back next year......we become a true dinosaur......a relic of the past to be reconstructed in some museum in the future......because ND Football will be ofically DEAD. Cue the asteroid.

I just Hate Perse....and would love to meet him in person....just once......and have a little dance.
Haha. My bad. Go Irish!

The cheese and wine tasters that run ND don't care about fb. In fact I bet many hate fb. The fact that a 4-8 coach in his 7th season will be retained will be the proof.

After SC humiliates ND next week, Kelly will get fired. Jack will not bring Kelly back for another season. Oops, sorry just day dreaming. Jack went to the university after last season and begged them to give Kelly an outrageous raise. There is no way Jack now goes back to those same people, a year latter and says, um, you know that huge raise and buy out clause I fought for Kelly to get? I was wrong, fire the guy even though we have to pay him for the next three plus years the way we did Charlie. We are stuck with the guy.
That is why they both need to be fired. If Jack cant admit his mistake he is as bad as Kelly.

they way the people in power at ND are portrayed and the way they make decision (by fans closer to the school than I) in no way resemble the University portrayed in the movie Knute Rockne All American.
From a young boy the movie about that young Swede and that small midwest university represented the hard working blue collar guy, it was more like Notre Dame: All America.
This is the idea that gave birth to the subway alums. It was not just Irish Catholics but working stiffs across the land.

My Reading of this forum leads me to believe that that belief is as passe, outdated and incorrect as the notion that Notre Dame is still a power and a force to be reckoned with in college football.

How did ND get so far from it's roots? We truly are the 'delusional fanbase' that like the citizens in 'Logans Run' are waiting to be 'renewed'

Changes need to be made! Start with getting rid of Longo! Our team is weak! Along the offensive side, time to bring in new blood. Hungrier guys! Time to part ways with our OL and WR coach. Along the DLine get rid of DL and Linebackers. I know it's not going to happen, but Kelly needs to win 10 or more games to keep his job. Jack is a dead man walking too. If Kelly wins 9, fire his ass! That is not good enough.

There is a part of me that believes after a national TV beating by SC, the real shot callers at ND will give Kelly the axe. Jack will not make the call. This decision will be made and then passed down to Jack. Jack will be on a short leash. If he does not find a suitable replacement he is gone. Kelly will not be the head coach at ND after 1/1/17 if SC humiliates ND by more than 4-5 touchdowns.

btw:

I no longer believe Kelly returns for 2017. Somehow, someway he is outta here!
I do not agree. My heart wants him gone but my head says different.

This year's team is a good team but a young team. ND lost a lot of talent (especially junior) to last year's NFL draft and does not have the depth to make up for it. There have been no blow-outs and ND led in most games at some point.

BK's 'nightmare' he speaks of is self induced. He's a second tier coach because he hasn't learned to NEVER take your foot off of the gas. If he only learns this one lesson from this year then he has a chance to step up to the next level.

And, BTW, go out and get a REAL defensive coordinator!

I don't know how you keep your job with only 4 wins. 7 wins is a down year. 4 freaking wins with this talent. Coaching is awlful.
Sparty will keep Dantonio under the same circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT