ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Rivals 100

I don't worry about Farrell. He's mad that Pyne is already committed to ND. He provides Rivals no drama and no subscritions by being committed. He'll continue to gag on every uncommitted kid that helps with subcriptions. That's what he does.

Did you see that Rivals was told they aren’t invited to the Opening Finals?

Doesn't matter to me. Competing enterprises and 99% of the the good football people left Rivals for 247 anyways.

For me it hurts the legitimacy of rankings when each company has their own private camps because it causes recruits to get increased or decreased by each company based on which camp they go to.

For me it hurts the legitimacy of rankings when each company has their own private camps because it causes recruits to get increased or decreased by each company based on which camp they go to.
exactly. it's all subjective with the goal of increasing the bottom line.

Mike Farrell , aka the clown, hating on Drew Pyne again...
Says he is rated too high in the 2020 class after the 5 Star Challenge, despite it being for 2019 kids. And despite Pyne outperforming the other 2020 QBs.

So to summarize:

Pyne is ranked 37th nationally on Rivals 2020 top 100.

Farrell says he’s too high.

Pyne competes at the Northeast Rivals Challenge for 2019 recruits.
Pyne wins the MVP.

Farrell says Pyne is short & ranked too high.

Pyne gets invite to National Rivals 5 Star Challenge in Atlanta.

Before the camp even starts Farrell says Pyne (a 2020 kid) will have to “dominate” against 2019 kids to keep his ranking. So dominating won’t rise him up the rankings, but merely hold him at current.

Pyne outperforms the other 2020 QBs there, & some 2019 QBs, but Farrell says he should drop in the rankings.

Also, a national guy who is a Farrell lackey actually said on the Rivals podcast that Pyne was 5’9 maybe 5’10 if you stretch it. This despite Pyne officially measuring at 6’1 at the Rivals Regional & him being there & him fully aware Pyne is not that short.

It’s really hard to figure out why Farrell has a chip about Pyne?

could that be a difference in how measurement was done? cleats vs socks?
Pyne is not 6’1 using the eyeball test. 6’ is about right. So he is between 5’10 and 6’1
The problem the Farrell might have is that he is a pocket guy who is < 6’1.
I keep viewing his films, he has a good arm, great touch, v good accuracy. How many guys can we say that about? I viewed video of all the top 10 QB’s he is among.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT