ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Rivals 100

Composite is being pulled down by a punter, who some sites haven’t even evaluated yet.

ND won’t be taking more punters, and his composite rating will go up once sites like rivals assign him a rating.

ND is likely to finish above 91.0 in terms of 247 composite rating.

Even at a 91.0 ND would have finished 9th last year in recruiting. ND did take 13, 3 star players last year, but they also landed 14 composite 4 stars, and 7 of those ranked 0.9400 or better. ND's average was 90.05.

Are you going to take my bet?

I agree 100% that Denson has been a MAJOR liability as a recruiter, and that RB coaches who develop RBs ONLY are a dime a dozen.

Alford was a good coach and recruiter, and the droppoff to Denson's recruiting is large.
But there are a lot of other good RB coaches out there beside Alford too.

Alford and Rees are really the only "recruiting liabilities" I see on this staff, at the moment.

Rees, Denson and Kelly. The jury is still out on Alexander. He's no Mike Denbrock when it comes to coaching WR's and recruiting, IMO.

Reactions: hoosierstateII
Rees, Denson and Kelly. The jury is still out on Alexander. He's no Mike Denbrock when it comes to coaching WR's and recruiting, IMO.

Who do you see as the remaing reasonably possible commits that might raise the average ND composite rating to .92 as everyone’s nemesis projects?

ND has not done so since 2013 when the rating was bolstered by Jaylon Smith, Max Redfield
and Bryant. That was the only time in-nine seasons a Kelly coached team had a .92 rating.

Last edited:
Who do you see as the remaing reasonably possible commits that might raise the average ND composite rating to .92 as everyone’s nemesis projects?

0.9200 would be a long way to go. The only way I could honestly see it happening is a combination of guys being bumped in the recruiting rankings and ND pulling some big fish. You would need Kristofic and Hamilton to get their due respect and make significant jumps in the rankings.

0.9200 would be a long way to go. The only way I could honestly see it happening is a combination of guys being bumped in the recruiting rankings and ND pulling some big fish. You would need Kristofic and Hamilton to get their due respect and make significant jumps in the rankings.

the 9 year average is .900111

We all wonder about Hamilton, but he has been seen and the ranking has moved but at this point there must be something we are missing. I thought the kid was a Taylor Mays clone.

Until you're on both boards, comparing the current posters on each, you're opinion is less than worthless.

@IrishInOntario just doesn't know that much about ND recruiting, obviously, and is wrong about as often as he's right.

He's at or below average knowledge compared to current premium board posters

That's just reality.

Not true at all. IIO has taken the high road here with you. He was in coaching and I believe at one time he work for one of these irish CFB digital magazines. that said he knows people in the program. Where you may be correct is he does not necessarily get all the info a paid patron gets but he can obtain it in other ways.

Kelly has been effective recruiting.

The role of a HC in recruiting is very different than that of a position coach or even a coordinator.

Alexander signed a STELLAR WR class last year, so that criticism seems ridiculous to me.

Rees yes. Too young, too inexperienced, and too knew.
Denson yes. He just doesn't try hard enough in recruiting.

ND has not done so since 2013 when the rating was bolstered by Jaylon Smith, Max Redfield
and Bryant. That was the only time in-nine seasons a Kelly coached team had a .92 rating.

The punter getting a rating on sites like Rivals will raise the overall rating significantly.

Likely rating bumps for guys like Hamilton, Kristofic, and Correll will help as well.

the 9 year average is .900111

We all wonder about Hamilton, but he has been seen and the ranking has moved but at this point there must be something we are missing. I thought the kid was a Taylor Mays clone.

We're not missing anything. He's a STUD recruit.

There is a reason he was a top priority for Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, etc.

He's insanely underrated

Not true at all. IIO has taken the high road here with you. He was in coaching and I believe at one time he work for one of these irish CFB digital magazines. that said he knows people in the program. Where you may be correct is he does not necessarily get all the info a paid patron gets but he can obtain it in other ways.

It doesn't matter what he used to be. My comments are made about the knowledge he shows that he has currently, and does not have.

He's average to below average in terms of knowledge regarding ND recruiting, relative to posters on the premium board. That's just reality.

I don't care if he takes offense to that or "takes the high road"...because none of that affects the reality of what I've said.

Anyone can get the information out there with a little effort. For free.Some may get it a few hours earlier for a few $’s but the information gets disseminated pretty quickly.

(Friedman lives in his own reality)

Anyone can get the information out there with a little effort. For free.Some may get it a few hours earlier for a few $’s but the information gets disseminated pretty quickly.

The fact that you think we're missing something on Kyle Hamilton is about as clear of proof as there can be that this is NOT true.

Some stuff moves around quickly, some does not.

Many of the posts on this board make that pretty clear.

The role of a HC in recruiting is very different than that of a position coach or even a coordinator.

Alexander signed a STELLAR WR class last year, so that criticism seems ridiculous to me.

There is a huge difference between "effective" and "outstanding", which is what a head coach needs to be at a school that doesn't enjoy a ton of natural recruiting advantages. Ask Urban Meyer at Ohio State. He recruits his ass off and that is often the difference. Not only does he have a staff of hard working assistants, he himself is sending a ton of messages, makings lots of calls, etc, etc... Kelly has went from fairly disconnected in recruiting outside of the on campus scenario, to as you say "effective". IMO, his willingness to do some of that grunt work with his staff has increased, but isn't at the level of some of his peers. Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin and Dabo Swinney are other examples of guys that recruit their assess off.

As for your personal thoughts about me. I could not care less. I'm a former recruiting coordinator and I'm more than comfortable with what I know and who I am. I admit that I used to be more plugged into ND recruiting than I am now, but my career has taken me in a different direction. I still have several key contacts in the industry and I know how the game is played, but I'm not banging their door down for information. I'm an adult, with better things to do these days and I follow ND football and recruiting as a hobby... One thing the military has taught me is that people are going to be brutally honest with you about how they feel towards you. It is your personal responsibility to choose whose opinion you're going to value and whose opinion you're going to ignore.

For the third time, let's spice up this recruiting season with a bet. It's $1000. We're talking fun money. Not your 401K... You've noted numerous times that I don't know much. This should be easy money for you?

Reactions: Mick Killme
Until you're on both boards, comparing the current posters on each, you're opinion is less than worthless.

@IrishInOntario just doesn't know that much about ND recruiting, obviously, and is wrong about as often as he's right.

He's at or below average knowledge compared to current premium board posters

That's just reality.
Maybe in your narrow minded world.
You know the one where you have this unhealthy obsession thinking you're right all the time. The rest of us know the polar opposite is true.

There is a huge difference between "effective" and "outstanding", which is what a head coach needs to be at a school that doesn't enjoy a ton of natural recruiting advantages. Ask Urban Meyer at Ohio State. He recruits his ass off and that is often the difference. Not only does he have a staff of hard working assistants, he himself is sending a ton of messages, makings lots of calls, etc, etc... Kelly has went from fairly disconnected in recruiting outside of the on campus scenario, to as you say "effective". IMO, his willingness to do some of that grunt work with his staff has increased, but isn't at the level of some of his peers. Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin and Dabo Swinney are other examples of guys that recruit their assess off.

As for your personal thoughts about me. I could not care less. I'm a former recruiting coordinator and I'm more than comfortable with what I know and who I am. I admit that I used to be more plugged into ND recruiting than I am now, but my career has taken me in a different direction. I still have several key contacts in the industry and I know how the game is played, but I'm not banging their door down for information. I'm an adult, with better things to do these days and I follow ND football and recruiting as a hobby... One thing the military has taught me is that people are going to be brutally honest with you about how they feel towards you. It is your personal responsibility to choose whose opinion you're going to value and whose opinion you're going to ignore.

For the third time, let's spice up this recruiting season with a bet. It's $1000. We're talking fun money. Not your 401K... You've noted numerous times that I don't know much. This should be easy money for you?
Never happen he's just another big talker with no pedigree. If he had one he'd never make the volume of uneducated posts that he does.

The fact that you think we're missing something on Kyle Hamilton is about as clear of proof as there can be that this is NOT true.

Some stuff moves around quickly, some does not.

Many of the posts on this board make that pretty clear.

I think you need help. Our “2nd piece of work” but unlike the other guy, you do not display an absence of malice.

Never happen he's just another big talker with no pedigree. If he had one he'd never make the volume of uneducated posts that he does.

Didn't think it was an outrageous bet or sum of money. He seems confident in where ND stands on the recruiting front. They are about to get another commitment tomorrow from Kyren Williams. Oh well.

Different HC’s do things in different ways. Urban is beyond unique, and is an absolutely phenomenal recruiter. But Saban does things completely differently.

As for your knowledge, it simply doesn’t matter what you used to be. It matters what your are now. The knowledge you’ve evidenced here is average, maybe below average, nothing more.

As for a bet, I’d want to hear specifics before I’m willing to discuss. If I like the bet enough, I’m always willing to consider it. Though I’m not one to start betting until I really like what I’m looking at.

Different HC’s do things in different ways. Urban is beyond unique, and is an absolutely phenomenal recruiter. But Saban does things completely differently.

As for your knowledge, it simply doesn’t matter what you used to be. It matters what your are now. The knowledge you’ve evidenced here is average, maybe below average, nothing more.

As for a bet, I’d want to hear specifics before I’m willing to discuss. If I like the bet enough, I’m always willing to consider it. Though I’m not one to start betting until I really like what I’m looking at.

Below average means it ahould be an easy win for you then!

Simple bet... ND is currently ranked #4 in recruiting on the 247 composite. If they finish ranked 1-7, I email transfer you $1000 on signing day. If they finish 9-15, you email transfer me $1000 on signing day. If they finish #8 or any number beyond #15, it's a push and we'll call it a draw...

You in?

It doesn't matter what he used to be. My comments are made about the knowledge he shows that he has currently, and does not have.

He's average to below average in terms of knowledge regarding ND recruiting, relative to posters on the premium board. That's just reality.

I don't care if he takes offense to that or "takes the high road"...because none of that affects the reality of what I've said.
and nothing you've said is fact based. it's just your obsession with thinking you're correct in every discussion. it's your opinion nothing more. you have not shown any reason in any of your posts from a knowledge standpoint for anyone here to give credibility to your takes.

Last edited:

his is still head and shoulders above your perceived level of knowledge which appears to be minimal at best.

and nothing you've said is fact based. it's just your obsession with thinking your correct in every discussion. it's your opinion nothing more. you have not shown any reason in any of your posts from a knowledge standpoint for anyone here to give credibility to your takes.

A very strange puppy!

too " knew" ? not an English major i'm guessing.

Below average means it ahould be an easy win for you then!

Simple bet... ND is currently ranked #4 in recruiting on the 247 composite. If they finish ranked 1-7, I email transfer you $1000 on signing day. If they finish 9-15, you email transfer me $1000 on signing day. If they finish #8 or any number beyond #15, it's a push and we'll call it a draw...

You in?

Considering that I think the most likely outcomes are anywhere for 6th/7th all the way to 15th...:depending largely on how the 2018 season goes (as I’ve clealry said before), of course not.

The fact that your knowledge is average to below average doesn’t mean that I’m suddenly going to bet on something that’s either (1) entirely unrelated to recruiting (how 2018 goes, coaches who leave/stay), nor (2) give you a larger portion of what I believe the most likely outcome is.

Hell, the very fact that you’d purpose such a slanted bet continues to evidence your lack of knowledge.

too " knew" ? not an English major i'm guessing.

Or just not interested in proof reading meaningless internet posts. Either way.

Also, my posting of facts and realities seems to have you quite worked up. I’d recommend that you relax.
Getting your panties bunches up isn’t going to change reality either.

Considering that I think the most likely outcomes are anywhere for 6th/7th all the way to 15th...:depending largely on how the 2018 season goes (as I’ve clealry said before), of course not.

The fact that your knowledge is average to below average doesn’t mean that I’m suddenly going to bet on something that’s either (1) entirely unrelated to recruiting (how 2018 goes, coaches who leave/stay), nor (2) give you a larger portion of what I believe the most likely outcome is.

Hell, the very fact that you’d purpose such a slanted bet continues to evidence your lack of knowledge.

There you go again with your Wile E Coyote aproach

There you go again with your Wile E Coyote aproach

???

Not being dumb enough to allow myself to be goaded into an incredibly slanted bet that was created entirely by the person who wants to bet against me....with him also choosing which side of the bet he’d like, after creating it.

He only has average to below average knowledge of ND recruiting, but that doesn’t mean I’ll suddenly taken obscenely slanted bets against him.

Purpose an actually fair bet, that’s based on what we’re discussing and not 100’s of other unrelated and unknowable factors, and I’m willing to consider it.

Do these kind of basics really confuse you?

???

Not being dumb enough to allow myself to be goaded into an incredibly slanted bet that was created entirely by the person who wants to bet against me....with him also choosing which side of the bet he’d like, after creating it.

He only has average to below average knowledge of ND recruiting, but that doesn’t mean I’ll suddenly taken obscenely slanted bets against him.

Purpose an actually fair bet, that’s based on what we’re discussing and not 100’s of other unrelated and unknowable factors, and I’m willing to consider it.

Do these kind of basics really confuse you?

What confuses me is that you go after a poster who has terrific knowledge, knows people in CFB, and Notre Dame and has great info and perspective and then you act like he knows very little because he is not a patron of a service. That said, I have been a paid patron here and other sites in the past and yes you get heads up info but so does IIO and he will not present it to the free board. But he will hint without saying it like many patrons that go on free boards.

Also, my posting of facts and realities seems to have you quite worked up. I’d recommend that you relax.
facts ? you can continue to convince yourself that your opinions are facts and thats fine. they truly are not.

Reactions: zonairish

my panties never get in a bunch here for certain. you are correct about one thing though we can't change the reality that you have an unhealthy obsession with what you perceive as being right in every discussion despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. an ego certainly run amok. IIO deserves the credit he's been given here after years and years of informed, knowledgeable posts.

my panties never get in a bunch here for certain. you are correct about one thing though we can't change the reality that you have an unhealthy obsession with what you perceive as being right in every discussion despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. an ego certainly run amok. IIO deserves the credit he's been given here after years and years of informed, knowledgeable posts.

Friedman =

Wile E. Coyote

What confuses me is that you go after a poster who has terrific knowledge, knows people in CFB, and Notre Dame and has great info and perspective and then you act like he knows very little because he is not a patron of a service. That said, I have been a paid patron here and other sites in the past and yes you get heads up info but so does IIO and he will not present it to the free board. But he will hint without saying it like many patrons that go on free boards.

Yep. That’s why I said to his knowledge is about average.

He knows about as much as it is posted publicly on the premium site, without joining the premium site.

Thus, average knowledge. And nothing more.

Not sure why this concept is so difficult for you and other posters here to wrap their mind around.

There may have been a time when his knowledge was better than average, but it’s clear that that time has long since passed.

I have no interest in giving credit for being above average in a time when the flip phone was considered a major technology. That’s both meaningless and obsolete.

In the here and now he is average, and nothing more. That’s reality.

facts ? you can continue to convince yourself that your opinions are facts and thats fine. they truly are not.

Some things are facts, and I accurately state them as such.

Some things are not, and I’ll point out that that those are opinions at those times.

Not sure how this is confusing you?

IIO is a poster with average, maybe just below average, knowledge of ND football recruiting. Nothing more. I'm happy to give him that credit, which he's earned.

And your panties are most certainly knotted up over this. To the point that you are arguing about internet-post proof reading because the basic fact that IIO has average (at best) knowledge of football recruiting has you so worked up.

Try to relax.

IIO is a poster with average, maybe just below average, knowledge of ND football recruiting. Nothing more. I'm happy to give him that credit, which he's earned.

And your panties are most certainly knotted up over this. To the point that you are arguing about internet-post proof reading because the basic fact that IIO has average (at best) knowledge of football recruiting has you so worked up.

Try to relax.
he

The fact that you are dialing 1-800-not-a-clue and speaking to the other clueless posters has never stopped especially on this issue

Some things are facts, and I accurately state them as such.

Some things are not, and I’ll point out that that those are opinions at those times.

Not sure how this is confusing you?
still waiting for something factual and not uneducated opinion. sorry if you think they are the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT