ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Rivals 100

IIO is a poster with average, maybe just below average, knowledge of ND football recruiting. Nothing more. I'm happy to give him that credit, which he's earned.

And your panties are most certainly knotted up over this. To the point that you are arguing about internet-post proof reading because the basic fact that IIO has average (at best) knowledge of football recruiting has you so worked up.

Try to relax.
well if he has "average" knowledge in your opinion you must be under the barrel then because you don't possess any.

Considering that I think the most likely outcomes are anywhere for 6th/7th all the way to 15th...:depending largely on how the 2018 season goes (as I’ve clealry said before), of course not.

The fact that your knowledge is average to below average doesn’t mean that I’m suddenly going to bet on something that’s either (1) entirely unrelated to recruiting (how 2018 goes, coaches who leave/stay), nor (2) give you a larger portion of what I believe the most likely outcome is.

Hell, the very fact that you’d purpose such a slanted bet continues to evidence your lack of knowledge.

Ok, I'll make it easier for you Friedman...

The reason I proposed the bet was because you got worked up over the fact that I said ND's class will likely finish in line with it's average, despite where it is now. You suggested that my reason's for suggesting this to be the case are "pessimistic" and "baseless"...

You clearly have more knowledge and a better grasp of what's going on. Something you've made abundantly clear... So why don't offer a counter bet with terms you like better.

It's $1000. We're not talking about a lot of money here. Send me some parameters you like... I have a suspicion that we're not going to get anything done though because I think you're more interested in yammering than actually getting something done.

The reason I proposed the bet was because you got worked up over the fact that I said ND's class will likely finish in line with it's average, despite where it is now. You suggested that my reason's for suggesting this to be the case are "pessimistic" and "baseless"...

You clearly have more knowledge and a better grasp of what's going on. Something you've made abundantly clear... So why don't offer a counter bet with terms you like better.

It's $1000. We're not talking about a lot of money here. Send me some parameters you like... I have a suspicion that we're not going to get anything done though because I think you're more interested in yammering than actually getting something done.
yammering is all he's got. certainly no basic knowledge or experience in anything football related.

Excuse me! You kidding?

“You clearly have more knowledge and a better grasp of what's going on. Something you've made abundantly clear... So why don't offer a counter bet with terms you like better. ”

He knows diddly! Rudeness is not a display of knowledge.

Excuse me! You kidding?

“You clearly have more knowledge and a better grasp of what's going on. Something you've made abundantly clear... So why don't offer a counter bet with terms you like better. ”

giphy.gif

Here Friedman goes again

Excuse me! You kidding?

i'm sensing a healthy dose of sarcasm from IIO.

Reactions: zonairish

I'm happy to make a bet on things that I feel are even, or ideally slant in my direction (the reason anyone who bets should watch numerous betting options and only choose those that they feel are most favorable for them)

Suggesting a bet that is comically slanted in your direction does nothing to address the point that your current knowledge of ND recruiting is average (at best) nor that most of your comments are baseless pessimistic.

For example, I think the range of results fairly possible for ND 2018 Recruiting Ranking would be 5th to 12th (depending largely on the success of the 2018 and coaching moves)
I don't think 5th is especially likely, nor do I think 12th is especially likely, but either one is possible (again, depending largely on how the 2018 season goes)

If you want to make a bet where you get all of the finishes outside of 5th to 12th and I get all of the finishes within that range, then great. That's a bet I'm happy to make.

Otherwise, your suggestion of betting (just generally, not a specific bet on a specific dispute) does nothing to address your average (at best) knowledge nor your baseless pessimism.

Not complicated.

I'm happy to make a bet on things that I feel are even, or ideally slant in my direction (the reason anyone who bets should watch numerous betting options and only choose those that they feel are most favorable for them)

Suggesting a bet that is comically slanted in your direction does nothing to address the point that your current knowledge of ND recruiting is average (at best) nor that most of your comments are baseless pessimistic.

For example, I think the range of results fairly possible for ND 2018 Recruiting Ranking would be 5th to 12th (depending largely on the success of the 2018 and coaching moves)
I don't think 5th is especially likely, nor do I think 12th is especially likely, but either one is possible (again, depending largely on how the 2018 season goes)

If you want to make a bet where you get all of the finishes outside of 5th to 12th and I get all of the finishes within that range, then great. That's a bet I'm happy to make.

Otherwise, your suggestion of betting (just generally, not a specific bet on a specific dispute) does nothing to address your average (at best) knowledge nor your baseless pessimism.

Not complicated.

This is a simple bet... You take 5, 6, 7, 8 and I'll take 9, 10, 11, 12. You just admitted that's the range you feel is appropriate. You feel like I'm the pessimist, so I'll take the lower 4 numbers and that makes you the optimist, who gets the higher 4 numbers. Anything outside of that range and no money changes hands.

You think #5 is unlikely and #12 as well, so that narrows the range evenly on both sides. You think my pessimism is baseless, so surely this bet is advantageous for you.

Are you in?

This is a simple bet... You take 5, 6, 7, 8 and I'll take 9, 10, 11, 12. You just admitted that's the range you feel is appropriate. You feel like I'm the pessimist, so I'll take the lower 4 numbers and that makes you the optimist, who gets the higher 4 numbers. Anything outside of that range and no money changes hands.

You think #5 is unlikely and #12 as well, so that narrows the range evenly on both sides. You think my pessimism is baseless, so surely this bet is advantageous for you.

Are you in?

You obviously aren't getting it. This seems to be a consistent problem for you, and your lemmings.

I think 8th, 9th, and 10th are probably the most likely outcomes, with anything outside of those being due primarily to events that we cannot accurately predict (2018 season, coaching changes, etc.)

I'm not going to make a bet with you that gives you 50%+ of the outcomes that I feel are most likely, and just flip a coin. There is no strategy or benefit in it, even if we keep tailoring this down until we get to something that's exactly 50/50, and it's actively disadvantageous to me to take a bet that's anything less than that.

You suggested betting. I just proposed a bet to you.

Man up and take the bet I've suggested or STFU about how you want to bet in order to prove that your knowledge is anything but average (at best)

But we all know you're not willing to man up, so......

IIO

Let’s figure this: (in no particular order) composite rankings.
Alabama
UGA
Clemson
tOSU
PSU
FSU
Okla.

After those teams, how do you see it? 8 is possible, but unlikely

UT,USC,Oregon,LSU. ?

Last edited:
You obviously aren't getting it. This seems to be a consistent problem for you, and your lemmings.

I think 8th, 9th, and 10th are probably the most likely outcomes, with anything outside of those being due primarily to events that we cannot accurately predict (2018 season, coaching changes, etc.)

I'm not going to make a bet with you that gives you 50%+ of the outcomes that I feel are most likely, and just flip a coin. There is no strategy or benefit in it, even if we keep tailoring this down until we get to something that's exactly 50/50, and it's actively disadvantageous to me to take a bet that's anything less than that.

You suggested betting. I just proposed a bet to you.

Man up and take the bet I've suggested or STFU about how you want to bet in order to prove that your knowledge is anything but average (at best)

But we all know you're not willing to man up, so......

Lol before I drop the subject, lets take a quick look at how this clown talked a big game before turning into a coward...

First he suggests I'm a baseless pessimist for suggesting that ND's current recruiting ranking won't hold up and goes out of his way to point out that ND is currently ranked 4th... Then when I tell him that it's likely to drop considerably, he refuses to take on a bet that would substantiate his claim that I have no reason for "baseless pessismism" by putting his money where his mouth is...

Then watch this... He conviniently drops his expectations and accusations to say that he actually expects ND to finish in the exact range I was suggesting in the first place (somewhere in Brian Kelly's average)... Now he's suggesting that I won't man up and take a bet against an argument that I initially made and have been arguing all along.

You're suggesting that I offered you a bet that stacks the deck 50%, or more, in my favour in terms of likely outcomes, after you called me a "baseless pessismist" for suggesting that very range of outcomes. Then you turn around and offer me a bet in return that guarantees you roughly 90% of the likely range ND will finish in and you won't take take a single number associated with your supposed optimistic view of ND's recruiting...

You are either....

1. Poor
2. 15 years old
3. 40, living in your mom's basement
4. Either or 1 or 2 and 3 combined

Lol before I drop the subject, lets take a quick look at how this clown talked a big game before turning into a coward...

First he suggests I'm a baseless pessimist for suggesting that ND's current recruiting ranking won't hold up and goes out of his way to point out that ND is currently ranked 4th... Then when I tell him that it's likely to drop considerably, he refuses to take on a bet that would substantiate his claim that I have no reason for "baseless pessismism" by putting his money where his mouth is...

Then watch this... He conviniently drops his expectations and accusations to say that he actually expects ND to finish in the exact range I was suggesting in the first place (somewhere in Brian Kelly's average)... Now he's suggesting that I won't man up and take a bet against an argument that I initially made and have been arguing all along.

You're suggesting that I offered you a bet that stacks the deck 50%, or more, in my favour in terms of likely outcomes, after you called me a "baseless pessismist" for suggesting that very range of outcomes. Then you turn around and offer me a bet in return that guarantees you roughly 90% of the likely range ND will finish in and you won't take take a single number associated with your supposed optimistic view of ND's recruiting...

You are either....

1. Poor
2. 15 years old

Wow, so you not only have below average recruiting knowledge....you've manage to combine it with FAR below average intelligence. Impressively pathetic.

1.) I never claimed the class would finish 4th or wouldn't drop from 4th, I pointed out how pathetic it was for you to have that be your comment about the class reaching 4th

2.) Most of my comments about how pessimistic you are were focused on your analysis of specific recruits, which were comical

3.) Betting works by finding a bet where you feel you have greater than a 50% chance of winning (significantly greater, ideally). Thus, it is foolish to take any bet that falls short of that standard.

So after all your blowhard talk about suggesting a bet............either take my bet or STFU

You old folks are all the same:
- Big talk
- Small intelligence
- Even less action
(though some of that may be Canada getting to you too)

Last edited:

You are either....

1. Poor
2. 15 years old

He has a tendency to argue for sake of the argument not because he knows something we do not know but because he thinks if he badgers you long enough you will give up and thus he takes home the prize of whatever that prize is. this sums it up

giphy.gif

Wow, so you not only have below average recruiting knowledge....you've manage to combine it with FAR below average intelligence. Impressively pathetic.

1.) I never claimed the class would finish 4th or wouldn't drop from 4th, I pointed out how pathetic it was for you to have that be your comment about the class reaching 4th

2.) Most of my comments about how pessimistic you are were focused on your analysis of specific recruits, which were comical

3.) Betting works by finding a bet where you feel you have greater than a 50% chance of winning (significantly greater, ideally). Thus, it is foolish to take any bet that falls short of that standard.

So after all your blowhard talk about suggesting a bet............either take my bet or STFU

You old folks are all the same:
- Big talk
- Small intelligence
- Even less action
(though some of that may be Canada getting to you too)

Carry on clown. I wouldn't let you drink the sweat dripping off my nutsack, because you're that unworthy... I know you'd beg me to let you. You'd squirm and plead for just a drop, but no... You're a maggot.

Understand this. There isn't a relavent topic on this planet that your arrogant American ass could ever hang with me on. Not one.

Your best bet is to hope against all odds that I'll allow you to chain yourself to my truck like Princess Leia at Jabba's Palace, so I can feed you scraps while you live a meager life of eternal worship, where I pat you on the head each morning and say "good boy" on my way to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mick Killme
IIO

Let’s figure this: (in no particular order) composite rankings.
Alabama
UGA
Clemson
tOSU
PSU
FSU
Okla.

After those teams, how do you see it? 8 is possible, but unlikely

UT,USC,Oregon,LSU. ?

You're right on track. Texas A&M likely finishes ahead of ND too. The Fisher / Elko combo will recruit well this cycle and barring an in season collapse, they'll finish strong.
I have ND finishing in the #8-#13 range, if they take 22+ and can pull a couple big recruits that aren't high on ND right now. Teams that will finish ahead for sure...

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
Georgia
Oklahoma
Texas A&M

Competing for the next spots...

LSU
Florida State
Miami
Texas
Oregon
USC
Notre Dame
Michigan
Penn State
Tennessee
South Carolina

Last edited:

IIO, Friedman's mom would never lend him 1000 bucks!

The whole idea that ND recruiting could finish ahead of USC is testament to how bad Helton’s staff is.
They neither excell on game day nor on the recruiting trail.

And it is early but that 1st year head coach at Oregon is doing pretty darned well recruiting.

“arrogant American ass”

The American arrogance of Friedman is only matched by the Canadian arrogance of Ontario. Two pees in a pod. At least the summer won’t be as boring w/ these two trading their arrogant barbs.

Reactions: echowaker
“arrogant American ass”

The American arrogance of Friedman is only matched by the Canadian arrogance of Ontario. Two pees in a pod. At least the summer won’t be as boring w/ these two trading their arrogant barbs.

Friedman is arrogant.

The thing is, there are no issues that everyone will 100% agree upon, but everyone should 100% agree to be respectful in disagreement. Friedman fails 100% in that regard.

The thing is, there are no issues that everyone will 100% agree upon, but everyone should 100% agree to be respectful in disagreement. Friedman fails 100% in that regard.
well said. his obsession with thinking he's right in every single discussion completely eliminates any sense of credibility.

IIO
As to the discussion about the possibility of an average composite rating (assured by Friedman) of .92, If ND takes 7 more commits it would means that those 7 would have to average .95557. Does ND even have a remain8ng target list to accomplish that?

IIO
As to the discussion about the possibility of an average composite rating (assured by Friedman) of .92, If ND takes 7 more commits it would means that those 7 would have to average .95557. Does ND even have a remain8ng target list to accomplish that?

probably not

IIO

No. A solid 91 average is about the best that can be hoped for.

IIO
I'd assume the best bet is a few guys jump in the rankings after senior seasons are played. Although now that they are committed I doubt anybody jumps too much.

Reactions: justified1
Speaking of 2020 top 100...

Drew Pyne competed at the Rivals 5 Star Challenge on Atlanta today. He was one of three 2020 QBs to be invited (everybody else is 2019).

The other two were Harrison Bailey (.9817 Composite & #2 Pro QB, 38th overall national) & Bryce Young (Composite 5 Star, #1 Dual QB, 24th overall national).

According to two different people that were there covering the event Pyne was the best of the three (despite his lower ranking).
His throws on Twitter are very nice, great footwork & arm mechanics. He was better than some 2019 QBs too.

Speaking of 2020 top 100...

Drew Pyne competed at the Rivals 5 Star Challenge on Atlanta today. He was one of three 2020 QBs to be invited (everybody else is 2019).

The other two were Harrison Bailey (.9817 Composite & #2 Pro QB, 38th overall national) & Bryce Young (Composite 5 Star, #1 Dual QB, 24th overall national).

According to two different people that were there covering the event Pyne was the best of the three (despite his lower ranking).
His throws on Twitter are very nice, great footwork & arm mechanics. He was better than some 2019 QBs too.
If you mix his mechanics and accuracy with jurkovec athleticism and dynamic ability you get Trevor Lawrence.

If you mix his mechanics and accuracy with jurkovec athleticism and dynamic ability you get Trevor Lawrence.

Trevor is not as athletic as Jurkovec. Phil was a two time All State Basketball player in the largest division in Pennsylvania & went to back to back final fours. Go watch his highlights of him dunking over people. He is an exceptional athlete. Unfortunately him playing basketball is what caused him to lose his 5th Star.

Trevor is not as athletic as Jurkovec. Phil was a two time All State Basketball player in the largest division in Pennsylvania & went to back to back final fours. Go watch his highlights of him dunking over people. He is an exceptional athlete. Unfortunately him playing basketball is what caused him to lose his 5th Star.
Agreed. He is a better prospect though, and that's nothing against Phil. TL is the best qb prospect in years and I fully expect him to start this year at Clemson before all is said and done

Reactions: justified1
Agreed. He is a better prospect though, and that's nothing against Phil. TL is the best qb prospect in years and I fully expect him to start this year at Clemson before all is said and done

It will be interesting because Clemson already lost one 5 Star, & the other wont stay if he is passed up too.
As far as starting as a true freshman & HS prospect, Daniels at USC will win that job & he reclassified late, or he might have been above Lawrence. I just read today that scouts say Daniels throws a better ball than anyone they have seen in HS since Jimmy Clausen. It sucks we play USC last because Daniels won’t be inexperienced freshman by then.

Also, there was the big debate about 40 times & how people fudge them.

The recruit today at the Rivals 5 Star Challenge who won the laser-timed 40 ran a 4.56

So the fastest player at the Rivals National Camp ran a 4.56 (not close to a 4.4)

It will be interesting because Clemson already lost one 5 Star, & the other wont stay if he is passed up too.
As far as starting as a true freshman & HS prospect, Daniels at USC will win that job & he reclassified late, or he might have been above Lawrence. I just read today that scouts say Daniels throws a better ball than anyone they have seen in HS since Jimmy Clausen. It sucks we play USC last because Daniels won’t be inexperienced freshman by then.
Daniels is also unbelievable. He could easily be better than Lawrence, but Lawrence has amazing size and speed to go along with great accuracy

Last edited:
Mike Farrell , aka the clown, hating on Drew Pyne again...
Says he is rated too high in the 2020 class after the 5 Star Challenge, despite it being for 2019 kids. And despite Pyne outperforming the other 2020 QBs.

So to summarize:

Pyne is ranked 37th nationally on Rivals 2020 top 100.

Farrell says he’s too high.

Pyne competes at the Northeast Rivals Challenge for 2019 recruits.
Pyne wins the MVP.

Farrell says Pyne is short & ranked too high.

Pyne gets invite to National Rivals 5 Star Challenge in Atlanta.

Before the camp even starts Farrell says Pyne (a 2020 kid) will have to “dominate” against 2019 kids to keep his ranking. So dominating won’t rise him up the rankings, but merely hold him at current.

Pyne outperforms the other 2020 QBs there, & some 2019 QBs, but Farrell says he should drop in the rankings.

Also, a national guy who is a Farrell lackey actually said on the Rivals podcast that Pyne was 5’9 maybe 5’10 if you stretch it. This despite Pyne officially measuring at 6’1 at the Rivals Regional & him being there & him fully aware Pyne is not that short.

It’s really hard to figure out why Farrell has a chip about Pyne?

Mike Farrell , aka the clown, hating on Drew Pyne again...
Says he is rated too high in the 2020 class after the 5 Star Challenge, despite it being for 2019 kids. And despite Pyne outperforming the other 2020 QBs.

So to summarize:

Pyne is ranked 37th nationally on Rivals 2020 top 100.

Farrell says he’s too high.

Pyne competes at the Northeast Rivals Challenge for 2019 recruits.
Pyne wins the MVP.

Farrell says Pyne is short & ranked too high.

Pyne gets invite to National Rivals 5 Star Challenge in Atlanta.

Before the camp even starts Farrell says Pyne (a 2020 kid) will have to “dominate” against 2019 kids to keep his ranking. So dominating won’t rise him up the rankings, but merely hold him at current.

Pyne outperforms the other 2020 QBs there, & some 2019 QBs, but Farrell says he should drop in the rankings.

Also, a national guy who is a Farrell lackey actually said on the Rivals podcast that Pyne was 5’9 maybe 5’10 if you stretch it. This despite Pyne officially measuring at 6’1 at the Rivals Regional & him being there & him fully aware Pyne is not that short.

It’s really hard to figure out why Farrell has a chip about Pyne?

I don't worry about Farrell. He's mad that Pyne is already committed to ND. He provides Rivals no drama and no subscritions by being committed. He'll continue to gag on every uncommitted kid that helps with subcriptions. That's what he does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT