ADVERTISEMENT

1992- Cheerios in A bowl: I wish

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
The lack of believers is astounding. Or is it?

The last time I can recall ND being respected and given a nod against a top 5 team was around 1977.

We did not get respect against Miami in 1988 or even 89 after beating them in 88. We did not get respect in 93 against FSU. The tale of the tape and inflamatory criticisms were not as bad as it is today, but we still did not get respect.

And we did not get it in 92 when Lou was asked about the Sugar Bowl game vs. Florida;:" What's the difference between Notre Dame and Cheerios?"
He was told: "cheerios belong in a bowl."

Well, more of the same this week.

Finebaum being the biggest ass.

Will it ever end? Will the team and this coach ever send a message of STFU?

Close is nice if you can get off by sniffing. Most of us need a bit more tactical stimulation.

I will -- once again -- be watching. And I will be believing once more. And I will be expecting something that has never happened under Kelly- a frekin genius gameplan.

That's all I want. Let the chips fall. Just give me that. If we get that, maybe crows will become extinct.

Other than USC in 2016, this is the least confident I've been heading into a regular season game under Kelly. I think it's a combo of a regressing ND O-line and UGA looking like the best team in the land.

The lack of believers is astounding. Or is it?

The last time I can recall ND being respected and given a nod against a top 5 team was around 1977.

We did not get respect against Miami in 1988 or even 89 after beating them in 88. We did not get respect in 93 against FSU. The tale of the tape and inflamatory criticisms were not as bad as it is today, but we still did not get respect.

And we did not get it in 92 when Lou was asked about the Sugar Bowl game vs. Florida;:" What's the difference between Notre Dame and Cheerios?"
He was told: "cheerios belong in a bowl."

Well, more of the same this week.

Finebaum being the biggest ass.

Will it ever end? Will the team and this coach ever send a message of STFU?

Close is nice if you can get off by sniffing. Most of us need a bit more tactical stimulation.

I will -- once again -- be watching. And I will be believing once more. And I will be expecting something that has never happened under Kelly- a frekin genius gameplan.

That's all I want. Let the chips fall. Just give me that. If we get that, maybe crows will become extinct.

Out-smart NotsoSmart!

Other than USC in 2016, this is the least confident I've been heading into a regular season game under Kelly. I think it's a combo of a regressing ND O-line and UGA looking like the best team in the land.

UGA has been nothing like the best team in the land. They kinda look like a step back from last year.
NM might have given them a battle!

(let’s stop being nice to the foe! the battle nears! fire it up booger!)

Reactions: rgc7 and theskibro
UGA has been nothing like the best team in the land. They kinda look like a step back from last year.

Georgia has been on total control since opening kickoff of all three of their games so far. I'm not sure where you're seeing a step back from last year.

I agree. They didn't look that great vs Vanderbilt. They're wideouts don't impress me much. I think they're getting too much credit. I think they're playing like the 5th or 6th best team. Not top 3. We have a chance

Reactions: d1042
You want respect? Go win. You want talking heads to say The Irish belong in the BCS playoffs? Go Win. Lou’s records vs top ten teams was great. I always felt we had a chance.

Lou was a great big-game coach. That includes going back to his previous jobs before ND, like at Arkansas when he pulled a big upset in the Orange Bowl over Oklahoma one time. That's the difference between him and Kelly. Kelly's been a pretty good coach overall, but not in big games.

Lou was a great big-game coach. That includes going back to his previous jobs before ND, like at Arkansas when he pulled a big upset in the Orange Bowl over Oklahoma one time. That's the difference between him and Kelly. Kelly's been a pretty good coach overall, but not in big games.

what is the saying?

even a blind squirrel will find a nut if he looks long enough!

Reactions: theskibro
True, and I love Lou, great coach, but to be fair Lou also had more talent on his teams

You want respect? Go win. You want talking heads to say The Irish belong in the BCS playoffs? Go Win. Lou’s records vs top ten teams was great. I always felt we had a chance.
As did his players.

They had a healthy arrogance and confidence.

We don't and it stems from the top down.

If BK looks out of his element you can't expect the kids to be in the element.

If facts are considered an excuse, then so be it. Sometimes the facts sting, but they are what they are
They sure do...

I speak fact all the time of the Brian Kelly shortcoming coaching adventure and yet his brethren cries and cries and cries.

Kleenex for the world.

As did his players.

They had a healthy arrogance and confidence.

We don't and it stems from the top down.

If BK looks out of his element you can't expect the kids to be in the element.
I always read how you constantly bash Brian Kelly, why is it that you aren't on a D1 college sideline. You seem to constantly question his ability, and assume you know more. Then whh are you not coaching, collecting that big paycheck. Just asking ...

Here we go....

Excuse time boys and girls.

One error you hold onto is that you fail to see the corrections and adjustments Kelly has made to his own coaching self in the last 4 years. And that has transcended to the composition and efforts of the staff.
How can you not see that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT