ADVERTISEMENT

Wisky ND Game Thread

Also the loosingest.

The win/loss percentage is much more accurate here. Number of wins is due to longevity and number of games played per season.

Winning percentage at ND is still 1. Rockne, 2. Leahy, 3. Parseghian
True amd a good point. You will get hammered for saying this though so get ready. I like BK so I’m not saying anything bad. It’s just a valid point.

So was this a better coached and played game by the D or was Wisc playing an offense that helped us? It’s a bit unsettling that Toledo and FSU moved the ball on us with ease but not Wisconsin.
FSU moved the ball only late in the 4th.

toledo, well I'm still trying to get a signal.

FSU moved the ball only late in the 4th.

toledo, well I'm still trying to get a signal.
Considering Hinish was out, I was really impressed by the way the defense shut down Wisconsin's running game.

I was also surprised that Wisconsin kept throwing those slow developing out patterns like the one Kizer jumped on.

Reactions: IrishHerb
So was this a better coached and played game by the D or was Wisc playing an offense that helped us? It’s a bit unsettling that Toledo and FSU moved the ball on us with ease but not Wisconsin.
I think Wisconsin is a run oriented team. Their passing game is an afterthought.

If Tryee didn't return that KO for a TD and/or ND didn't score on that possession, Wisc probably would have tried to milk the clock with their running game. That TD forced Wisc to try to score ... and the further the game got into the 4th quarter, we forced them into their plan B offense and darn sure took advantage of it.

I just watched the replay of the first half and have concluded that most of those being highly critical are out to lunch

Also the loosingest.

The win/loss percentage is much more accurate here. Number of wins is due to longevity and number of games played per season.

All due respect, It was much easier to recruit back in their day. CFB is much tougher now

I just watched the replay of the first half and have concluded that most of those being highly critical are out to lunch
Quinn being in an impossible situation doesn't mean he could win in a possible situation

It's always like that. When the plays don't work, Rees and Kelly are morons. When the plays work, it's about time Rees and Kelly woke up. When the defense gives up a big play, Freeman's a bust, when it shuts down the opponent, he's showing signs of learning Regardless of all that, this football team has more than its share of shortcomings.

Also the loosingest.

Kelly has also had the benefit of a very soft schedule. As for winning percentage Kelly comes in at 10. Even Holtz is at 7, but looking back his schedules were brutal, playing on average almost 5 top 25 teams per year. That’s half the schedule vs the top 25 each year.

Well, to be fair, it's not like anyone would have called for a kickoff return, three interceptions (two for TDs) and a fumble recovery in the last 14 minutes or anything.
But some posters overreact to every little thing that happens, and early in the game.

Do people know it's a game of four quarters? There's ebbs and flows and most on here (me included) predicted a 3-7 point win. Not a blowout.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
But some posters overreact to every little thing that happens, and early in the game.

Do people know it's a game of four quarters? There's ebbs and flows and most on here (me included) predicted a 3-7 point win. Not a blowout.
I know, I know. At one point I said that if anyone was going to win by more than one score it would be Wisconsin, but that was before Tyree flipped the switch. Best to watch the game and relax.

It's always like that. When the plays don't work, Rees and Kelly are morons. When the plays work, it's about time Rees and Kelly woke up. When the defense gives up a big play, Freeman's a bust, when it shuts down the opponent, he's showing signs of learning Regardless of all that, this football team has more than its share of shortcomings.
You seem nice

Well everybody knew Wiscy would run power out of the I. People could only speculate as to whether we could stop them because our first three opps did nothing of the sort.

and when we did, who knew that Mertz would pass that poorly?

Obviously no CFB IQ test to become a gold member lol.
I see that you’re Still looking for someone with a brain

As to becoming a Gold Member, Not for me and Austin Powers, as I was exempted and “grandfathered” in due to my credentials,

I’ve forgotten more about CFB in the last year than you’ve learned in your entire lifetime, and in both cases, that’s not much !

I see that you’re Still looking for someone with a brain

As to becoming a Gold Member, Not for me and Austin Powers, as I was exempted and “grandfathered” in due to my credentials,

I’ve forgotten more about CFB in the last year than you’ve learned in your entire lifetime, and in both cases, that’s not much !
Alrighty Obi-Wan Kenobody lol. Personally, I've never seen you say one thing about CFB, only one liners like. Our OLine is Great. Quinn is GRRRREAT. But you never back up anything with substance.

Alrighty Obi-Wan Kenobody lol. Personally, I've never seen you say one thing about CFB, only one liners like. Our OLine is Great. Quinn is GRRRREAT. But you never back up anything with substance.
In addition to looking for someone with a brain, start looking for someone who has keen reading comprehension skills as you‘re woefully lacking in that department too !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT