ADVERTISEMENT

Game day thread. Sun bowl

not much reason defense shouldnt be champ caliber next year.

hopefully faison hits, backs are good.

The big question mark is the O line. doesnt need to be best in country. But hopefully its good. making the playoff is the absolute floor expectation next year

Unfortunately where ND is at as a program right now, they are far more likely to be a regular playoff round 1 exit than anything else.
Disagree. At their peak over the last decade theyve been that tier below the elite losing to some of the best teams the sport has ever seen. 5-8 range

Reactions: NDinNJ
ND could spray paint the golden dome to look "frosted" in honor of this Frosted Flakes victory. After all, this isn't the Golden Grahams bowl.

Reactions: tbonesays
A win is a win, especially an emphatic one like this. Again, I don't know what to make of this game given the sudden change of personnel and coaches. But 10 - 3 is not a bad season at all, someting to build upon in year 2 of the Freeman era...and MAJOR change in college football.

Here's hoping to a great offseason...as usual, I look forward to the next won.

Thanks Fighting Irish for the memories, yet again.

Well. Probably can go back to a few other negative MF threads now. Haha.

Let’s see. As “the” head coach the dude is 19-7 and 2-0 in bowls.

BK 16-11 and 1-1 in bowls.

Feeling like we are turning north. Recruting better. Coaching better.
Next season is going to be a pivotal season.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
It is refreshing to hear ND players speak versus other teams who players have not mastered the art of english

I will never forget the 2001 beat down. 41-9 OSU. Redemption today thanks to MF.

I was on a cruise and some douche bag Michigan fan was too stupid to find his game. So I helped him, then he stayed for the Fiesta beat down and cheared every bad play by ND and celebrated the win.

Just a reminder. While USC is our biggest rival I would like to see Michigan never win again. 😎

Remember OK State in 2022?
Freemans first game as a coach?
Has come a long way since then but you need to be more careful about your posts

Reactions: edub72

I bet MF has as many ranked wins as BK did in his first 5 years

Reactions: ftnfan62
Remember OK State in 2022?
Freemans first game as a coach?
Has come a long way since then but you need to be more careful about your posts
The Oklahoma St. defensive meltdown is indeed on Marcus Freeman. His defense, his team.

That said, good win today, any bowl win is good, and on to TAM.

Don't be 19-9.

The Oklahoma St. defensive meltdown is indeed on Marcus Freeman. His defense, his team.

That said, good win today, any bowl win is good, and on to TAM.

Don't be 19-9.
Looking forward to 20 and 7 after Texas A&M

Let's Go

Well, having Oregon rated higher than Washington after Washington BEAT them TWICE makes ZERO sense. I prefer to rate teams based on head to head matchups. Washington 2 - Oregon 0

At the end of the day F+ is a garbage rating system.
Again, it doesn’t rank them, but rather is predictive based on each each possession that has been played by both teams. Oregon was a massive favorite in Vegas pretty much exactly in line with what F+ had.

I'm not ready to crown him a future All American but Angeli has been really good in his first start. Hope he's patient and sticks around, only takes one play to lose Leonard.
From our perspective, yes, but it looks to me that he’s clearly got the ability to start some place, and I’m pretty sure other schools are going to think that as well.

Looking forward to 20 and 7 after Texas A&M

Let's Go
In your world, Marcus Freeman gets the credit over Brian Kelly for the 2022 recruiting class; however, Marcus Freeman receives no blame for the defensive meltdown against Oklahoma State in the NY6 bowl game loss.... in Marcus Freeman's first game as head coach.

Am I correct?

Again, it doesn’t rank them, but rather is predictive based on each each possession that has been played by both teams. Oregon was a massive favorite in Vegas pretty much exactly in line with what F+ had.
Again they are rating Oregon higher than Washington AFTER they settled it on the field not once, but twice. Vegas set the line PRIOR to the game and they certainly don't use F+ to set the lines.

F+ have a publicized rating and even AFFER the games have been played they rate a team that LOST to another team TWICE ahead of that team. It's a garbage system that clearly excludes head to head results.

Reactions: tbonesays
In your world, Marcus Freeman gets the credit over Brian Kelly for the 2022 recruiting class; however, Marcus Freeman receives no blame for the defensive meltdown against Oklahoma State in the NY6 bowl game loss.... in Marcus Freeman's first game as head coach.

Am I correct?
Yeah. And even if he was a HC I didnt like Id say the same thing

He had less than a month to prepare, he didnt have his own coaching staff, he had a couple coaches that didnt even coach the game, he was finishing recruiting, he had Elston as the DC when he shouldnt have been.

To be going against a top 10 team in that situation, I'm not going to put that on him. That is just silly and ridiculous. It wasn't his staff. Period.

Im going to judge him on what he's done as a real HC. Not a quick fix for a bowl game

He's 19 and 7 and needs to get to 20 and 7 in his next game

Reactions: NDinNJ
I bet MF has as many ranked wins as BK did in his first 5 years
Lots of stuff on MF. Last coach to be 2-0 in bowl games was Lou with 3 in a row.

Has 7 AP top 24 wins. That’s the most by an ND coach. Is ties with Weiss for most wins in first two at 19.

Unfortunately where ND is at as a program right now, they are far more likely to be a regular playoff round 1 exit than anything else.
So here’s my question for you.

Who is more reliable and more highly incentivized to be more accurate, guys who have millions upon millions at stake or guys who have NO skin in the game ?

You claim that Vegas uses similar predictive modeling to set lines, yet how is it with F+, PSU is rated #5 and Ole Miss is rated #17 and the vegas line is only 5.5?
With F+ rating PSU far higher, the vegas line should be 9 or higher favoring PSU but vegas believes it's going to be a much closer contest.

Just proving how ineffective F+ is when it comes to rating teams. and even predicting outcomes.

Angelli is playing well in a very conservative don’t lose scheme. He is like the previous numerous ND QB’s that can’t “win” a game but doesn’t lose it.

I’m glad we got him but Carr and Duece can win a game you need. I’m glad we got him but he is a lifetime backup at a top 10 team.
I would love to have him as a back up for the next two seasons.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Question for the board: Are Chaseball and NotreDamerises23 one and the same? Some of the F+ commentary sounds like it came from the same person.

Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT