ADVERTISEMENT

Game day thread. Sun bowl

Yeah. And even if he was a HC I didnt like Id say the same thing

He had less than a month to prepare, he didnt have his own coaching staff, he had a couple coaches that didnt even coach the game, he was finishing recruiting, he had Elston as the DC when he shouldnt have been.

To be going against a top 10 team in that situation, I'm not going to put that on him. That is just silly and ridiculous. It wasn't his staff. Period.

Im going to judge him on what he's done as a real HC. Not a quick fix for a bowl game

He's 19 and 7 and needs to get to 20 and 7 in his next game
Agreed, you can't blame Freeman entirely for that first loss and I'm one who was not impressed with his defensive coaching that whole season.

But it was as much an offensive meltdown as it was a defensive meltdown. We couldn't run and Ok St. tightened up their pass coverage in the second half.

I was surprised Rees did not use Buchner in that game to try to loosen up the defense. I think Kelly would have, and, as sacrilegious as this may sound, it very well could have swung that game to us.

Agreed, you can't blame Freeman entirely for that first loss and I'm one who was not impressed with his defensive coaching that whole season.

But it was as much an offensive meltdown as it was a defensive meltdown. We couldn't run and Ok St. tightened up their pass coverage in the second half.

I was surprised Rees did not use Buchner in that game to try to loosen up the defense. I think Kelly would have, and, as sacrilegious as this may sound, it very well could have swung that game to us.
If you would have credited Freeman for a Fiesta Bowl win then you have to count it as a loss.

If you would have credited Freeman for a Fiesta Bowl win then you have to count it as a loss.
It is a loss. Marcus Freeman would tell you that. He was the head coach on the sideline.

And if Notre Dame would have beaten Oklahoma State, MF would have been credited with the win.

Reactions: tbonesays
It is a loss. Marcus Freeman would tell you that. He was the head coach on the sideline.

And if Notre Dame would have beaten Oklahoma State, MF would have been credited with the win.
MF would say it's a loss because he would look small and petty if he didn't

But in reality, it was not a loss. Just a silly thing for people who want to put a negative on him

As the real Head Coach of Notre Dame, he's 19 and 7 and 2 and 0 in bowl games

Now let's get 20 in our next game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT