ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the new running back coach?

The point is crazy things happen & everybody loses a game like that. People just act like only BK does. I witnessed Holtz lose worst games with the most elite talent in the country.
some people here think everything was always hunky dory during holtzs tenure. he had more than his share of stinkers too.
Comparing Holtz’s losses to Kelly’s losses now? There were far fewer stinkers with Holtz. There really is no comparison.

Reactions: ND2006NC and Buguit
Comparing Holtz’s losses to Kelly’s losses now? There were far fewer stinkers with Holtz. There really is no comparison.

Holtz has 4 straight #1 classes. In a one year period he signed 22 Parade All Americans (the equivalent of a 5 Star today). Those teams averaged 8-3 seasons regular seasons. Holtz had bad moments too.
You hate BK, we all know, move on.

Reactions: mirer03
Holtz has 4 straight #1 classes. In a one year period he signed 22 Parade All Americans (the equivalent of a 5 Star today). Those teams averaged 8-3 seasons regular seasons. Holtz had bad moments too.
You hate BK, we all know, move on.

Not true...he just hasn't done enough for me to fall in love.

Ugh Ron Powlus
Yeah. What a horrible fit from a football standpoint. Might have won a Heisman had he played in a system better suited to his skill set. Gotta think he would have been tremendous playing for say Steve Spurrier. Remember the " blarney Stone offense" ? Talk about a square peg in a round hole.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
The point is crazy things happen & everybody loses a game like that. People just act like only BK does. I witnessed Holtz lose worst games with the most elite talent in the country.

"I witnessed Holtz lose worst games with the most elite talent in the country."

One that sticks with me is the Tennessee fiasco! If I recall correctly, he was up big heading into half, and a blocked FG returned for a TD turned all the momentum around.

Yes, Holtz had a fantastic career at ND, and won FAR more games -- but, can you imagine if something similar happened to Kelly?

"I witnessed Holtz lose worst games with the most elite talent in the country."

One that sticks with me is the Tennessee fiasco! If I recall correctly, he was up big heading into half, and a blocked FG returned for a TD turned all the momentum around.

Yes, Holtz had a fantastic career at ND, and won FAR more games -- but, can you imagine if something similar happened to Kelly?
I think Kelly has the program in a healthier spot than Holtz his last 4 or 5 years. My problem with kelly is getting his players to rise to the occasion and improving throughout the season. UM looked like an amazing win, but they clearly weren't as good as we thought.

People go back to ND vs Georgia, but Georgia was SOOOOO conservative with a true frosh being thrown into a starting role for the first time. On the road, at ND, Night huge game. If we had played georgia at the end of the year, ouch.

I ask myself

Why can't ND teams under kelly step up vs teams that might have a slight talent advantage?
Why don't ND teams improve during the year?
Why do QBs struggle year two under Kelly?

Again, i'm a kelly supporter because he's done a lot of good, and the program is healthy. I also don't think we can get a better coach right now. But i'm not sure he's a top 10 coach

Reactions: Kelso86
What was his most recent coaching title prior to joining ND staff presumably about to be terminated from Carolina

some people here think everything was always hunky dory during holtzs tenure. he had more than his share of stinkers too.

The apologists are now comparing BK to Holtz? This is what it has come down to now? .... O MY GAWD

Little snippet ... Holtz won a National Championship .... Holtz has won major Bowls ... the idiocy here never ceases to amaze me

Reactions: Leahylads

Holtz did not lose "worster" games ... yikes

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT