ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the new running back coach?

I'm curious if BK is taking his time in the hiring. Is BK sending out feelers only to be rebuffed by potential candidates? Does he have his list down to a couple and now is doing his due diligence on the finalists? Or, none of the above.

I'm curious if BK is taking his time in the hiring. Is BK sending out feelers only to be rebuffed by potential candidates? Does he have his list down to a couple and now is doing his due diligence on the finalists? Or, none of the above.
I'm with you. I can't find any info on the subject. ND does take forever to announce a hiring but not even any whispers

BK may or may not be taking his time. With ND news does usually leak out but it takes a couple of weeks for ND to do their own due diligence and confirm any hiring once BK has made his decision. Background check etc.

Huff is the only name that people are reporting was actually offered. I suppose its possible someone else was offered and no one is saying anything.
maybe no one else has gotten an official offer and things are still in the negotiating phase. who knows. i want McCullough but that ain't happening.

maybe no one else has gotten an official offer and things are still in the negotiating phase. who knows. i want McCullough but that ain't happening
I wonder if Kelly probably only having a few years left is making it a difficult decision for potential candidates?

Coach Day officially announced his staff and Alford is staying. No surprise but he can be crossed off the list. Coach Luper maybe?

Apparently according to Loy, the 2 finalists are Hart and Lance Taylor. Taylor is the wr coach for the Carolina Panthers. Thoughts?
Ew. Why not get the best of the best. Tommie Robinson from LSU. Look at his resume!

Apparently according to Loy, the 2 finalists are Hart and Lance Taylor. Taylor is the wr coach for the Carolina Panthers. Thoughts?
Looks like Taylor was the running backs coach at Stanford. He was a pretty good recruiter which is what I'm hoping for and he gets the type of kid that ND recruits.
Any feedback on Hart's recruiting prowess?

Ew. Why not get the best of the best. Tommie Robinson from LSU. Look at his resume!
Why is Tommie Robinson considered the best? Great resume but the best? ND can't give him anything that LSU can't. Not sure that ever made sense.

Looks like Taylor was the running backs coach at Stanford. He was a pretty good recruiter which is what I'm hoping for and he gets the type of kid that ND recruits.
Any feedback on Hart's recruiting prowess?
Taylor is also a finalist for WR's coach position at Bama. ND may lose out on two potential replacements to Saban's re-worked O staff

If he sticks around for a while I think Mike Hart is going to be a rockstar recruiter. I really want an East Coast recruiter on this staff. Mike Hart is from New York. I think he'd be natural fit as a recruiter in New York, New Jersey, and the DMV. He'll have some cred out there.

I hate having a second Michigan grad on staff lol, but I think he's the best young, up-and-coming recruiter that would actually consider Notre Dame.

His first task, IMO, is to live at Chris Tyree's and Reggie Love's high school.

If he sticks around for a while I think Mike Hart is going to be a rockstar recruiter. I really want an East Coast recruiter on this staff. Mike Hart is from New York. I think he'd be natural fit as a recruiter in New York, New Jersey, and the DMV. He'll have some cred out there.

I hate having a second Michigan grad on staff lol, but I think he's the best young, up-and-coming recruiter that would actually consider Notre Dame.

His first task, IMO, is to live at Chris Tyree's and Reggie Love's high school.
Rather him than Taylor? It looks like he was a pretty good recruiter with ties to the South and Cali.
I agree having a recruiter with East coast ties works well too!

why not get saban or urban or dabo then ? you act like ND has some magic wand they can wave and bring in whoever they want. have you not been paying attention the last few decades ?
What’s wrong with wanting the best?

Speaking of replacing coaches. Someday, Muffet is going to retire. Following this Irish great is going to be a ridiculous situation to live up to. She has laid the ground work so there will be no excuses.

Reactions: Kelso86
Speaking of replacing coaches. Someday, Muffet is going to retire. Following this Irish great is going to be a ridiculous situation to live up to. She has laid the ground work so there will be no excuses.

Warlick at Tennessee is figuring out how shitty of a task that can be. Muffet is a top 3 coach in the history of the girl's game. She'll be near impossible to replace.

Reactions: Telx1 and Kelso86
It’s going to be Taylor.
Great recruiter & coach.
Great hire.
If this proves true, Taylor has to be seen as a significant upgrade. I have zero complaints about how the RB’s performed under Denson, but RB recruiting absolutely sucked for a program like ND.

Reactions: Kelso86
As a recruiter it seems he can cover the part of the country where we need to make a bigger impact? Alabama, Georgia, N.-S.Carolina... Florida?

As a recruiter at Stanford, Taylor spanned the country including his home state of Alabama, California, south Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Taylor is credited for landing recruits such as four-star offensive tackle Clark Yarbrough, four-year defensive end Ryan Johnson, four-star quarterback Jack West, four-star running back Bryce Love, and three-star wide receiver JJ Arcega-Whiteside among others.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT