ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be the new running back coach?

Every one of the returning o-line has what 2-3 years of eligibility. After Bars went down it was a very young and inexperienced line. Although A Banks looked like the real deal! And we have some very solid recruits waiting in the wings. No excuses for Quinn this year. I think he'll step up. Any predictions as to who starts (surprises?) and if Hainsey makes the move to center?
i hope Hainsey moves but it has to be because one of the young tackles has really made strides.

Brohm is a “players’ coach who ignores discipline & details.

Brohm is a recruiter & friend of the players, not a big time coach.

Maybe let him get out of the 3rd tier before branding him with that conclusion.

Reactions: Kelso86
Okay so since BK lost to Tulsa, duke, Navy 2x, etc that washes out all his best wins such as... I guess Michigan this year?

Kelly does not have a win like #3 Ohio state. Brohm has so much less to work with it’s not even a fair comparison. He would be a great successor for BK.
Thinking you should join a purwho board. Brohm is a fine Purdue coach. Hes eons away from a big program.

Brohm is a “players’ coach who ignores discipline & details. The opener against Northwestern his team needed a stop to get the ball back to try to tie, & after the play got a 15 yarder for late hit. Game over. The next week they take the lead late & get another 15 yarder for excessive celebration, other team gets ball at midfield, kicks FG for win. Brohm says after the game it won’t happen again...Week 3, guess what? LOL Once again, penalty to end game late, lose by 3.

He forces the ball to favorites, despite hurting his own team. They lost games this year because of it.

They play in a horrible division, but will still finish between 3-5 each year, putting them 7-10 in the overall conference each year.
Wisconsin, Northwestern & Nebraska will all be better programs, & probably Iowa too.
They went 6-6 in the regular season & people were pumped. Then the Bowl game was a disaster.
They will be 7-6, 6-7, in a good year 8-5.
Brohm is a recruiter & friend of the players, not a big time coach.
How many coaches are like that? He may not he a top 20 coach but he is top 40.

It still is a dumpster fire. Did you catch their bowl performance?
I thought Taylor was going to Bama?
Fixing a dumpster fire takes time. I didn't say Taylor was going to Bama. I said he was a finalist and that it's possible ND could have lost two of their top choices to Bama.

Great RB?
The ND staff hasn’t been recruiting 2019 offensive players for over a month. They are deep into 2020 players right now.
Final 2019 signing day is Feb. 6. New staff member should be recruiting right up until that day. Bet Clem and Bama will be.

Really happy with the hire, young proven recruiter/developer that seems to get what Notre Dame is about. Also can't hurt that he has a Bama connection and other connections to the south.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
How many coaches are like that? He may not he a top 20 coach but he is top 40.
I'm as hard on Brian Kelly as anyone but I would certainly put him in the top 20. He's just botched some hires and he struggles in big bowl games. It doesn't mean he's not a good coach.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Totally agree, just saying that grading out a coach on such an inexperienced line is lame. Give it another year and the proof will be in the results. I mean lets also be fair, these guys hainsey, eich, kraemer had multiple years of coaching under hh and still looked bad. Its not like quinn rolled out 5 freshmen that are a reflection of his teachings.

Fair of factual? Hainsey had less than a calendar year under HH.

Then why was Turner offered, moron.

Turner was offered a long time ago. Like over a year ago. Same with Foskey.

If some huge name recruit contacted ND & said he was interested, then ND would recruit them & make room. But once again, name someone? It’s annoying when people just throw out statements like “why aren’t we going after ....” without giving a name.
You tell me what big time RB in the 2019 class is available & interested in ND today?

Reactions: SALittleGiant513

If some huge name recruit contacted ND & said he was interested, then ND would recruit them & make room. But once again, name someone? It’s annoying when people just throw out statements like “why aren’t we going after ....” without giving a name.
You tell me what big time RB in the 2019 class is available & interested in ND today?
ME!!! I have one year of eligibility remaining, and one or two concussions left in me.

Just did a quick check. Out of the top 50 RBs in the entire country (which goes into 3 Stars), there are only 3 unsigned. Two of which are way at the bottom. The only uncommitted RB who is good is a Clemson commit who announced at the All American game which is why he didn’t already sign but is not available.

So the answer is that there are ZERO top RBs in the 2019 class that are even available to recruit.

Edit: Except for GetNasty once we check his academics.

Okay so since BK lost to Tulsa, duke, Navy 2x, etc that washes out all his best wins such as... I guess Michigan this year?

Kelly does not have a win like #3 Ohio state. Brohm has so much less to work with it’s not even a fair comparison. He would be a great successor for BK.

People forget that Tulsa finished a 10 win team & was nationally ranked. (And ND lost QB in that game).
Navy wins 9-10 games consistently & is ranked often.

Losing to ranked teams isn’t the same as losing to below .500 MAC teams.

Let's put Tulsa's ten win season in context. Wins against a two win Bowling Green, D1A Central Arkansas, one win Memphis, four win Tulane, four win Rice, five win Houston, and six win Texas El Paso. Signature wins over ND, Southern Miss, and Hawaii. There is no way in hell Tulsa should ever beat ND. Losing at home to Tulsa was bad. Losing to South Florida, at home, was even worse.

Let's put Tulsa's ten win season in context. Wins against a two win Bowling Green, D1A Central Arkansas, one win Memphis, four win Tulane, four win Rice, five win Houston, and six win Texas El Paso. Signature wins over ND, Southern Miss, and Hawaii. There is no way in hell Tulsa should ever beat ND. Losing at home to Tulsa was bad. Losing to South Florida, at home, was even worse.

Shit happens. As long as it’s not an every year thing that is. Both of those losses were how many years ago? One we lost because of a dumbass INT by the backup QB when all we needed was a FG and another that was like a 6-7 hour game due to all the lightning stoppages.

Then why was Turner offered, moron.
Turner was a take that was offered long ago. Bertrand and Marist both were told they were on hold with their scholarships for next year depending on attrition and how Turner and Foskey ended up. You are going to tell those two kids "hey we said here was the contingency based on the offers we had out, but now a week before signing day and a month after you committed to us we are move the bar for you to get a scholarship even farther?" Doesnt make sense from a recruiting standpoint. Doesnt make sense from a #ers stand point. Doesnt make sense from an ethical stand point.

I'm as hard on Brian Kelly as anyone but I would certainly put him in the top 20. He's just botched some hires and he struggles in big bowl games. It doesn't mean he's not a good coach.
I think BK is top 6-10. Was talking about Brohm being definite top 40, maybe but prob not top 20.

That would be the job of the RB coach. The recruit is not supposed to contact ND to express interest. ND is supposed to contact the top players that's how recruiting works.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
People forget that Tulsa finished a 10 win team & was nationally ranked. (And ND lost QB in that game).
Navy wins 9-10 games consistently & is ranked often.

Losing to ranked teams isn’t the same as losing to below .500 MAC teams.
Notre Dame should never, ever, ever lose to Tulsa.

That would be the job of the RB coach. The recruit is not supposed to contact ND to express interest. ND is supposed to contact the top players that's how recruiting works.
no it would be the job of the coach assigned to that area. thats the first contact. thats how recruiting works. area coach, position coach, coordinator, head coach. thats the protocol.

no it would be the job of the coach assigned to that area. thats the first contact. thats how recruiting works. area coach, position coach, coordinator, head coach. thats the protocol.
except for can't miss studs, then protocol is out the window and all hands on deck, but that's the .1%

Not only that but the original poster was referring to a scenario where an elite prospect decides to open up their recruitment unexpectedly. Notre Dame would have moved on from those players long ago because it would be a waste of time to pursue solidly committed kids.

The point is crazy things happen & everybody loses a game like that. People just act like only BK does. I witnessed Holtz lose worst games with the most elite talent in the country.
you should be banned for bringing that up! ruined my day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT