ADVERTISEMENT

Guys this will be my last post

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Dec 7, 2006 I stumbled upon this great message board. Being from Michigan, I am surrounded by Sparty and Skunk bears.

It was refreshing to be able to talk ND football with other ND fans.

This board was great for recruiting information and insider information and to simply celebrate ND football.

But now, I am tired of being called names every day. That’s what the majority of this board is now. You don’t agree with someone, you call them names. Yes, I am guilty of that myself.

So, this will be my last post. I just wanted to say thank you for creating a place where a Michigan resident can come and talk ND football.

When ND wins the championship I will definitely come back and celebrate with you guys.

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88

Dec 7, 2006 I stumbled upon this great message board. Being from Michigan, I am surrounded by Sparty and Skunk bears.

This board was great for recruiting information and insider information and to simply celebrate ND football.

But now, I am tired of being called names every day. That’s what the majority of this board is now. You don’t agree with someone, you call them names. Yes, I am guilty of that myself.

So, this will be my last post. I just wanted to say thank you for creating a place where a Michigan resident can come and talk ND football.

When ND wins the championship I will definitely come back and celebrate with you guys.

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
Zorich- come on man. No need to leave the board. Just take a day or so to settle down. Everyone is on edge, waiting for the season to start. We’ve been talking about the same shit for months and months.

The board needs real fans like you. The board is better “in season”. We’re just about there.

Reactions: NDinNJ
What a drama queen… j/k lol …..Come back when nd rolls navy and actually has offensive firepower

Reactions: NDinNJ
This is my issue with the constant flaming. Anytime someone second guesses whether to hit the publish button on a comment/point they want to make -- out of anticipation/anxiety that they might get flamed -- we all miss out.

We're probably all middle aged and up grown ass adults. I don't see why we can't be respectful of the people posting. Someone contributing their ideas to the board (regardless of how much we may disagree with the point being made) is essentially free entertainment and an opportunity gain some news, rumors, insight, etc. on the team we all love to follow

Attack the point/post, but not the poster. It isn't that hard.

Last edited:
I like to imagine everyone on this board hanging out at a bar. There might be an occasional fight, but by and large, people would have conversations and arguments but still be able to get along. The anonymity afforded by the internet allows people to be extraordinarily hostile toward one another. And yeah, I'm guilty, too.

I have only been on here a short time, if I have offended you I apologize! I personally enjoy your posts!!! Opinionated yes.. informative yes!! Just the way it should be!!!! Either way it will be a short Hiatus... ND IS CLOSE, championship soon to come!

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
I stepped for away years ago because I didn't have the time but since I've come back I find myself treating the board differently than when I was on before....I'm not suggesting anything other than the less aggressive I am the less blowback I get. Again I'm not suggesting anything other than my experiences from then to now.
Hope to see you around....I alway read what you've put down.....take care

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishHerb
I understand his point though. This place is an absolute sewer anymore and quite honestly, it’s been for a while

In a recent thread, within 15 posts, I was called:

1) Anti Religious
2) Stupid
3) Racist
4) Broke
5) A Liar without credible sources that included USAToday, APnews, Seattle Times
6) a Nazi

EVERY SINGLE THREAD becomes nothing more than personal attacks with “Middle Aged MEN,” acting less proper than one would expect from a Five year old. I’m ashamed that some of you call yourselves ND fans at all.

Sorry if this offends any of the good posters on this board. I’d gladly share a beer with you all. But in reality, I could probably just buy a six pack for that occasion.

Last edited:

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
Happy trails!

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
Zorro
Wtf do you get off screwing with my retirement years? I’ve lost 2 good friends to suicide in 6 months. Now you pull this Crap.

Let me tell you about rule number 1 , cause you signed up for it in 2006 - old timers don’t get to leave this board unless you get carried out

You probably didn’t pay much attention to the rule at the time cause you were young and full of piss n vinegar and made fun like everyone else of burger boy SuperIrish and others. And now you are fresh out of sensitivity training or have early dimentia. Not acceptable. I need my homies

Don’t make me come to fichigan. Now post like your ass depended on it

Last edited:
I understand Z88’s position, I have always been an internment poster. I will post a lot for a month and then disappear for a few. I joined in 2001, and even though I thought Wax could be to quick to delete a post or cornfield a poster, he did for the most part keep the name calling in here to a minimum.

The internet allows so much anonymity that people often say things they would NEVER say in person. I’ve gotten caught up at times too, but there are some that have to insult folks every time they don’t agree with a post.

The departure of BK is a great example, people were so cemented in their positions that you could neither give a simple critique for or against BK without a few behaving like it was a personal affront to them, the insults were pour forth like a broken water pipe.

Some folks are extremely arrogant too, they behave like they are in the coaches inner circle and any differing view point is insulted.

I love a good debate but the ad hominem attacks ruin it for sure.

I understand his point though. This place is an absolute sewer anymore and quite honestly, it’s been for a while

In a recent thread, within 15 posts, I was called:

1) Anti Religious
2) Stupid
3) Racist
4) Broke
5) A Liar without credible sources that included USAToday, APnews, Seattle Times
6) a Nazi

EVERY SINGLE THREAD becomes nothing more than personal attacks with “Middle Aged MEN,” acting less proper than one would expect from a Five year old. I’m ashamed that some of you call yourselves ND fans at all.

Sorry if this offends any of the good posters on this board. I’d gladly share a beer with you all. But in reality, I could probably just by a six pack for that occasion.
I’m shocked at how much money Jack stole from ND.

99% of moderators are complete garbage (e.g. they think being a board moderator means they can delete posts (or ban posters) they dont agree with). Being a mod is a service to the community; not an opportunity to lord over it

so put me in the camp that would rather see personal attacks/flames than have some idiot with too much power filtering/censoring posters and content they don't agree with

Last edited:

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
Why you leaving?

Reactions: NIN Irish

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
There are no dialogues here, only parallel monologues. Any post that is remotely interesting unravels into ad hominem name calling in a hot minute. It was never about you.

I like to imagine everyone on this board hanging out at a bar. There might be an occasional fight, but by and large, people would have conversations and arguments but still be able to get along. The anonymity afforded by the internet allows people to be extraordinarily hostile toward one another. And yeah, I'm guilty, too.
We all want the same result so emotions during a game would be happy or pissed collectively. The difference is our opinions on why things happen and what the problem or fix is.

With that said, the people that can’t handle someone saying “ so and so sucks, or so and so should be benched, or so and so should be fired” …. They probably don’t do well at bar scenes in general lol

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88

You think it’s bad now just wait until the season starts.

I don’t think the board has gone to hell. Clearly there are some bad days/threads. But this is the best place to talk ND Football.

Hoping we all commit to more ND Football talk once the season starts.

We need all the posters we can get.

Something small we should adapt to is not posting on a thread that doesn’t peak your interest. These random “this is stupid/dumb” comment doesn’t help. I’ve been guilty myself. Just post on things that interest you.

And of course the personal attacks aren’t helpful. We can disagree and be civil. I mean, we’re not Ohio State fans dammit!

Reactions: IrishMike409
Coming and going is a matter of personal choice. Its best to not get too emotionally invested in posting or posters. I do understand 88's perspective, and maybe the mods are somewhat inactive. Both can be true. However, do we need someone to burp us and powder our butts? Really? I for one use "ignore" when necessary. I recently removed one from it and in short order, it was necessary to reinstate it. Likewise, I am sure I am ignored in some circles. Point is....I assume posters have one thing in common: legally, we are grown ups. I won't tell anyone how to post, or what to post. I will participate and, if necessary, ignore. The fact that I am here suggests that I tolerate the environment at the very least. So I won't complain about it....I will live with it or not...and use ignore if needed.

Zorro, when the insults are flying your way may I suggest adopting US Army General "Vinegar" Joe Stilwell's life philosophy:

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

DON"T LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN.

I understand Z88’s position, I have always been an internment poster. I will post a lot for a month and then disappear for a few. I joined in 2001, and even though I thought Wax could be to quick to delete a post or cornfield a poster, he did for the most part keep the name calling in here to a minimum.

The internet allows so much anonymity that people often say things they would NEVER say in person. I’ve gotten caught up at times too, but there are some that have to insult folks every time they don’t agree with a post.

The departure of BK is a great example, people were so cemented in their positions that you could neither give a simple critique for or against BK without a few behaving like it was a personal affront to them, the insults were pour forth like a broken water pipe.

Some folks are extremely arrogant too, they behave like they are in the coaches inner circle and any differing view point is insulted.

I love a good debate but the ad hominem attacks ruin it for sure.
Internment? You Japanese or Italian?
Zorro, when the insults are flying your way may I suggest adopting US Army General "Vinegar" Joe Stilwell's life philosophy:

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

DON"T LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN.
Haha! I used to listen to his grandson Frosty on LA radio back in the 2000s.

It’s been a blast
Zorich 88
Hang in there Zorich. When I get frustrated I just imagine one of my kids wrote the post--or in SBJ's case, I picture my nephew who got kicked in the head by a horse typing. It makes things a lot better.

And you are one of the biggest reasons this board has gone to hell.
I have been here a lot longer than you and this board was great until posters like you showed up. So why don’t you take your tired act somewhere else.

If WAX was here you would have been in the cornfield a long time ago.

Reactions: 1Redrum
I have been here a lot longer than you and this board was great until posters like you showed up. So why don’t you take your tired act somewhere else.

If WAX was here you would have been in the cornfield a long time ago.
I was here far longer than you. My old handle was wiped NDinPA when they switched up the site, so please don't patronize me with your BS. I was here around the Ty Willingham era circa 2000 when I was living in PA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT