ADVERTISEMENT

NEW AD Pete Bevacqua admits ND will need to invest heavily in NIL & facilities in order to compete for *football* national titles

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
He acknowledged that ND is first and foremost a football school and that football success is the #1 priority! And that he will be evaluated based on ND winning national titles in football, and that ND will win a football national title. Very refreshing to hear!
Happy Purdue Boilermakers GIF by NCAA March Madness
Nc State Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Full interview on the Irish Illustrated Insider podcast: https://www.podbean.com/ew/dir-u7mes-1deef41a

Last edited:
They are already investing heavily in both. The players are always going to be required to go to class and get a college degree which seperates ND from 99% of the top echelon football programs. That's not going to change.
Can someone explain that to the nitwit OP?

And that he will be evaluated based on ND winning national titles in football, and that ND will win a national title. Very refreshing to hear!

Full interview on the Irish Illustrated Insider podcast: https://www.podbean.com/media/share..._share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=w_share
Seriously? That's all you got from a 45 minute discussion? They discussed so much more, including how they believe the NCAA will allow NIL to be brought in-house instead of through collectives, and how ND is already prepared for that. How ND will still maintain its core culture for student athletes, and continue to recruit those that understand and fit that culture.

Sounds to me like Pete suggested inaction previously.
ND upgraded under Charlie and under Kelly. Want to hear how often this poster thinks ND should invest? Annually? Every other year? Over last 20 years, the infrastructure improvements exceed $1B.

ND upgraded under Charlie and under Kelly. Want to hear how often this poster thinks ND should invest? Annually? Every other year? Over last 20 years, the infrastructure improvements exceed $1B.
I think the new leadership at ND realize that ND is not going to win national titles simply for showing up in blue and gold uniforms and playing the fight song. I think for the first time in a long time they have full understanding that in order to win a national championship on the football field they have to win national championships organizationally off the field. Which means: building a better product than their competitors; building the right culture that resonates with 18 year old athletes, by winning in talent acquisition, in the facilities arms race, in having an enticing enough package (money, facilities, perks, etc.) that makes a national championship talent choose notre dame over its competitors.

This podcast was music to my ears. I literally shouted "yes!" at the top of my lungs after hearing several of Petey Bs responses in this podcast. It was super refreshing to hear a person in leadership at the university talk about the football program in a way that is grounded in reality.

Marcus Freeman has shown signs of being a really good football coach (as per his #8 finish in F+ last year -- one of NDs best finishes in F+ since the inception of the stat 15+ years ago).

Now if we can get administrators that are in touch with reality in the year 2024 to support him and compliment what he is trying to accomplish on the recruiting trail and as a head coach we finally might be able to compete with--and win some football games against--the tier-1 in the sport again. And Petey Bs responses in this podcast definitely provide hope to that end.

Last edited:
They are already investing heavily in both. The players are always going to be required to go to class and get a college degree which seperates ND from 99% of the top echelon football programs. That's not going to change.
Can someone explain that to the nitwit OP?
This is just rhetoric the oldguard at ND uses to excuse away their incompetence

Winners don't make excuses, they look within, fix the problems, and win

Last edited:

Winners don't make excuses, they look within, adapt, and get better.
So are you implying the new administration is going to allow the football athletes to be segregated from the rest of the student body and not have to go to class or earn a degree, and lighten the academic curriculum for them?
I'm asking a serious question because I'm just trying to understand how you interpreted the podcast.

So are you implying the new administration is going to allow the football athletes to be segregated from the rest of the student body and not have to go to class or earn a degree, and lighten the academic curriculum for them?
I'm asking a serious question because I'm just trying to understand how you interpreted the podcast.
I think NDs uniqueness in this way is a benefit to their brand and not the hindrance many think that it is. ND can appeal to the best athletes in a way that nobody else can due to their unique combination of athletic and academic success. They can demand their players get the best possible education -- and have zero tolerance for coasting academically -- while still supporting their players with the best facilities, clubhouse perks, and NIL deals in the country. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

In order to get there though they gotta have more going for their program/message/brand than just being the old, out of touch, militaristic a-hole school living in the past (which is what it appeared to be at times under the old leadership)

Last edited:
I think the new leadership at ND realize that ND is not going to win national titles simply for showing up in blue and gold uniforms and playing the fight song. I think for the first time in a long time they have full understanding that in order to win a national championship on the football field they have to win national championships organizationally off the field.

Absolute nonsense, No one connected to ND thought this way. It's just the latest in a long, long series of posts by this poster bashing anything and everything about ND. The poster once again shows that he knows less than nothing about ND.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Curious. Why do you ask that particular poster that particular question?

It's a waste of your time. Generally I do not read one word that poster writes. Try following that.

Didn’t Notre Dame require all of this when they won 11 National Titles? Requiring it now shouldn’t be the reason they aren’t winning championships. Idk what the reason is but it’s not making kids go to class.

Didn’t Notre Dame require all of this when they won 11 National Titles? Requiring it now shouldn’t be the reason they aren’t winning championships. Idk what the reason is but it’s not making kids go to class.
Big difference when many of the championships came before integration of college football. What percentage of football players are African-American? Much different world.

Also much in terms of scholarship limits that have changed over the years particaulrly since the 1990s.

Big difference when many of the championships came before integration of college football. What percentage of football players are African-American? Much different world.

Also much in terms of scholarship limits that have changed over the years particaulrly since the 1990s.
racist bs from the woke brigade
Tell me racist who are the top college teams now versus 1970 and what is the difference?

Reactions: NDinNJ

So what are you implying? That African-American athletes don't want to go to class and get a degree? Or are you implying they aren't smart enough to handle the academics at ND? That's some racist bs. I can't believe you even posted this garbage.

I think the new leadership at ND realize that ND is not going to win national titles simply for showing up in blue and gold uniforms and playing the fight song. I think for the first time in a long time they have full understanding that in order to win a national championship on the football field they have to win national championships organizationally off the field. Which means: building a better product than their competitors; building the right culture that resonates with 18 year old athletes, by winning in talent acquisition, in the facilities arms race, in having an enticing enough package (money, facilities, perks, etc.) that makes a national championship talent choose notre dame over its competitors.

This podcast was music to my ears. I literally shouted "yes!" at the top of my lungs after hearing several of Petey Bs responses in this podcast. It was super refreshing to hear a person in leadership at the university talk about the football program in a way that is grounded in reality.

Marcus Freeman has shown signs of being a really good football coach (as per his #8 finish in F+ last year -- one of NDs best finishes in F+ since the inception of the stat 15+ years ago).

Now if we can get administrators that are in touch with reality in the year 2024 to support him and compliment what he is trying to accomplish on the recruiting trail and as a head coach we finally might be able to compete with--and win some football games against--the tier-1 in the sport again. And Petey Bs responses in this podcast definitely provide hope to that end.
First of all, you make 100% suppositions, as usual they are false. Not one person in the administration that I know of, would be described by your first sentence.

I see you avoided my specific question as well. We know it’s because you just prefer to criticize without any context.

Actually, making kids go to class is a big reason why the talent acquisition is not dominant like it was into the 90’s.

With the sophistication of the booster pipeline since ESPN era, and now NIL, fewer kids are interested in pursuing a degree that isn’t gifted

Its that simple

Are you in higher education, Chaser? No? then you know it's not rhetoric...I've have students in classes that were functionally illiterate that ran 4.5 40's...so they were enrolled. For you to believe otherwise is like believing in the Easter Bunny.

Are you in higher education, Chaser? No? then you know it's not rhetoric...I've have students in classes that were functionally illiterate that ran 4.5 40's...so they were enrolled. For you to believe otherwise is like believing in the Easter Bunny.
Higher education to Chassball just means reading his Playgirl magazine on a stool

Anyone else get the feeling the ground would give way and the buildings would crumble if the likes of Chase set foot on ND's campus? 😎

I seriously doubt Chase has ever seen the inside of a college classroom.

Reactions: NDSMC78
So what are you implying? That African-American athletes don't want to go to class and get a degree? Or are you implying they aren't smart enough to handle the academics at ND? That's some racist bs. I can't believe you even posted this garbage.
What he posted has merit.. A Catholic university in the mid-west was a much bigger draw in the 1940s when student athletes were predominantly white and religion played a more prominent role in America. Now the talent has shifted dramatically to the south who value different things and ND doesn’t hold the prestige in their minds compared to a white kid from Valparaiso. It’s not garbage, it’s reality.

What he posted has merit.. A Catholic university in the mid-west was a much bigger draw in the 1940s when student athletes were predominantly white and religion played a more prominent role in America. Now the talent has shifted dramatically to the south who value different things and ND doesn’t hold the prestige in their minds compared to a white kid from Valparaiso. It’s not garbage, it’s reality.
That’s not true

Notre Dame is not a regional university when it comes to attracting athletes.
Notre Dame draws from all over the country

From Florida to Texas to Washington to New Jersey

And Notre Dame draws every type of athlete ………… except academically challenged athletes

What would you know about winning? Zero
Notre Dame is and always will be am incredible academic institution with a top notch athletic department.

And where is that money going to come from? Let's try hearing everything he says as a reason we need to join the BUG10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT