ADVERTISEMENT

MF is on a mission. Project 2024

That’s fair but for a team like us who’s goal is at least 10-2 I think having a schedule with 4 hard games, 2 mediocre and 6 cupcakes is harder than playing 12 teams that are all 6-6, 7-5, and 8-4.
Agree.... SOS doesn't dictate what your W/L will be it really is about the difficulty of your average opponent.

I just don't like people confusing the two. The reality of 2023's schedule is it was way easier than expected. Only one team wasn't significantly worse than the pre season expectations of that team. Freeman had the team ready to play and beat OSU, but the staff screwed up. Freeman did not have the team prepared at all collectively to play at Louisville or at clemson. You kinda expect one a season and hope you win that one, but to not be ready for 2 opponents that were big games, really hurt. Louisville and Clemson were both very beatable, we honestly should have lost to Duke as well. It was just a really bad coaching job during our one tough stretch.

Agree.... SOS doesn't dictate what your W/L will be it really is about the difficulty of your average opponent.

I just don't like people confusing the two. The reality of 2023's schedule is it was way easier than expected. Only one team wasn't significantly worse than the pre season expectations of that team. Freeman had the team ready to play and beat OSU, but the staff screwed up. Freeman did not have the team prepared at all collectively to play at Louisville or at clemson. You kinda expect one a season and hope you win that one, but to not be ready for 2 opponents that were big games, really hurt. Louisville and Clemson were both very beatable, we honestly should have lost to Duke as well. It was just a really bad coaching job during our one tough stretch.
That's where it's you have to watch to understand. Duke with Leonard was a top 15ish team. We beat them with Leonard. Without him they were a top 50ish team.

So anyone who watches knows we beat a really good team. But at the end because he got hurt it seems we didn't

It's like recruiting. You gotta watch the film. You have to understand reality. Not just look at stats

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT